Civilization VI Steam Summer Sale

Confirm by Laurana Kanan and stealth_nsk
(I would like to know all the details before purchasing a product. Is the Civ6 Digital Deluxe - $31.99 the Deluxe edition (regular game plus all the dlc up to expansion)? I clicked on the link and it only shows the civ 6 game description. If not, what is digital deluxe?)

Why do they sell separately civ6 regular for $23.99 and Civilization VI – Civilization & Scenario Pack Bundle for $20.08?

Recent reviews on steam are very negative (only 31% of the reviews in the last 30 days were positive.) I see the keywords Red Shell and Spyware very frequently on reviews. Is that a concern? Thanks.

@Infantry#14 - If you scroll down the page about half-way, there is a banner for the Digital Deluxe version. Click on the "Read More" button for the full description of what is included.

Buying the base game + the DLC's separately have always been more expensive than bundled together in the Deluxe Version. Why? To incentivize people to buy everything together.

There's a whole thread here about Red Shell if you want to know more: Civ6 contains Red Shell Analytics Software

It's not the summer sale anymore, but the DLC are on sale again.
You prompted me to take a look at the store page. Couldn't help but notice the Civ VI + Steam controller bundle. Given a choice, who would EVER play Civ with a controller??

You prompted me to take a look at the store page. Couldn't help but notice the Civ VI + Steam controller bundle. Given a choice, who would EVER play Civ with a controller??
I have in the past. It was actually pretty convenient. The only reason I stopped is the ergonomics of Steam’s controller didn’t agree with my hands. But it was much faster to hit next turn than with a mouse.

I have in the past. It was actually pretty convenient. The only reason I stopped is the ergonomics of Steam’s controller didn’t agree with my hands. But it was much faster to hit next turn than with a mouse.
Nice. I'm getting one off kijiji hopefully on Monday.

New Steam sale (Link in OP):
  • Regular & Deluxe versions are 67% off.
  • First six DLC's are bundled together @ 47% off, or can be purchased individually @ 33% off each.
  • R&F is 33% off.

That's a deep discount for the base game. So much for using Schrodinger's Expansion to drum up interest in the base game amongst those who haven't yet bought it. Looks like instead they're going with the "give the razor away and sell them blades later" strategy, assuming the state of Schrodinger's Expansion == Expansion or DLC.

I don't understand why VI has mixed reviews on Steam, IMO it is a very satisfying game to play. It's better than V.

For some people, yes. Not for everyone. Some, like me, who enjoy Civ 5 a lot, are quite disappointed with Civ 6 so far. I haven't posted a review on Steam, as I want to wait for the development team to complete the game. If this is where development ends, my review would be quite negative. But it isn't, and I hold out hope that future patches/expansions will change my current opinion.

This isn't new to the Civ franchise. Many people who loved Civ 4 couldn't stand Civ 5. The games share a name, but they play very, very differently, and appeal to people seeking different experiences. Civ 6 appeals to a whole different sub-set, again, of the potential civ player universe.

I have over 2000 hours in IV and couldn't get used to V at all. I picked up V vanilla and was quite disappointed. (as many were) I liked it's expansions but the game never got as good as IV IMO.

I didn't like how having a 3 or 4 cities was the most efficient way to win, how you were punished for going wide. But this is for another topic I suppose.

Well there was lots of revierbombing because people were mad at Red Shell software.
Also some negative reviews seem to be about the deluxe edition "wtf I have deluxe edition but didnt get Rise and Fall for free!! Damn Firaxi$ !"

I think a lot harder were Civ 5 revires before expansions.

I think Steam reviews are fantastic for finding out about outrages surrounding a particular game, and less good at learning about the game itself.

Even those that aren't about Red Shell or part of review-bombing campaigns tend to focus on particular issues as deal-breakers for which your experience may be completely different.

It has mixed reviews because it's a mixed game... just like the last 2.

Civ VI is #7 on Steam top sellers list ATM. Really cool to see. :thumbsup:

For some reason if you own the game it doesn't appear on the list when you're on the front page of Steam, you have to click "See more: Top Selling" and then it'll appear.

Top Bottom