Civilization Wishlist for Civ VII

There's nothing wrong with Gandhi for India. I think Civ7 just needs more options for India (maybe other leaders too) and better design.
But yeah, no way it's Civ without Gandhi, India, sorry.
Yes, time of Mahatma Gandhi is over, India need to be relooked over other side.
Should come 3 civs instead
Mughal empire with Akbar
AHmadnegar Sultanate with Malik Ambar
and the Chola kingdom in the south. Fair enouth

Compare the Tibet a nation with millennia of history and an powerful medieval empire to a not even 10 years of life opportunistic break away filibuster state like Texas is lose any sense of what a civilization mean to be.
Tibetean history can be more amazing than Texas history, but both are states in a bigger country.
If broke won, why not broke the other.

I don't know if Civ 7 can be selled in China if appear Tibet, because it is a breakway state.
but if it isn't a problem. I would like to see Rio Grande do Sul lead by Giuseppe Garibaldi

Yes, time of Mahatma Gandhi is over, India need to be relooked over other side.
Should come 3 civs instead
Mughal empire with Akbar
AHmadnegar Sultanate with Malik Ambar
and the Chola kingdom in the south. Fair enouth
If India must be divided into 3 civs what about Ashoka and the Maurya Empire as a Buddhist one instead of having two Muslim dynasties? I'd obviously keep the Mughal Empire and replace the Ahmadnegar Sultanate with a Classical Era Mauryan Empire for era spread as well.

Tibetean history can be more amazing than Texas history, but both are states in a bigger country.
Independent Tibet existed outside of China for about 300 years spreading across Central Asia as an empire, before becoming part of China though. Texas only existed for about 10 years as an independent country.

There is not IF, CIV6 alredy did it with Scotland that currently is part of the UK, while also have Victoria as the queen of "England civ". CIV also have a long history of native nations that are their own playable civs despite now being part of some post-colonial nation, Tibet would be in the same situation. These are conquered nations by foreing powers not subjects/descendents of those powers that tried and falied to be a country enough time to see a child born under their flag to become a grown person.

I don't know if Civ 7 can be selled in China if appear Tibet, because it is a breakway state.
but if it isn't a problem.
And these is why Firaxis would look like opportunistic if they "punish" Russia in CIV7 while ignore what China government do, these stances would be complety driven by the market not to support the real current victims.

There is not IF, CIV6 alredy did it with Scotland that currently is part of the UK, while also have Victoria as the queen of "England civ". CIV also have a long history of native nations that are their own playable civs despite now being part of some post-colonial nation, Tibet would be in the same situation. These are conquered nations by foreing powers not subjects/descendents of those powers that tried and falied to be a country enough time to see a child born under their flag to become a grown person.

And these is why Firaxis would look like opportunistic if they "punish" Russia in CIV7 while ignore what China government do, these stances would be complety driven by the market not to support the real current victims.
It’s a game and they’re a business. People might boycott the game if Russia is there, but an entire country will boycott if Tibet is.

If India must be divided into 3 civs what about Ashoka and the Maurya Empire as a Buddhist one instead of having two Muslim dynasties? I'd obviously keep the Mughal Empire and replace the Ahmadnegar Sultanate with a Classical Era Mauryan Empire for era spread as well.
I'm cool Mauryan Empire, I would like to do a threat to just discuss about Indian's option, but I don't know enoutgh names of the kingdoms of Indian history.
I think Ahmednagar Sultanate is a good choice because his leader, Malik Ambar, who was enslaved in Ethiopia and become a Sultan in India.
Other cool option is Ayodhya, just to have Rama as leader. He is a good of India

And have a blue leader is more amazing than a black one :lol:

It’s a game and they’re a business. People might boycott the game if Russia is there, but an entire country will boycott if Tibet is.
Thats the problem of do Tibet, I also would like to play with Tibet, but isn't a cool idea have this game blocked in China.

You didn't actually provide any arguments, and no tradition is an argument by itself ;)

Argument or not, Firaxis is a company and Civilization is a series, by which we have iconic characters and Civilizations.
It's not historically accurate, but it's also not a history simulator.

It's like removing Ryu from Street Fighter.

Now, to be clear, I definitely understand that people want to see REAL representation of India in Civilization.
I totally agree - we can just do what Civ 6 did - one leader can be Gandhi, and another leader can be a real Indian leader from some point in History.

Correction the goverment of a country will boycott it. That kind of regimens lacking true popular representation should not be seen as "the nation/people".

And yes exactly because Firaxis is a business and CIV is a game it seems possible to come some cheap "boycott to support" move in CIV7 to gain money from current "trendy" conflict even if that mean to hate people and their culture.

Argument or not, Firaxis is a company and Civilization is a series, by which we have iconic characters and Civilizations.
It's not historically accurate, but it's also not a history simulator.

It's like removing Ryu from Street Fighter.
I agree Gandhi is iconic to the civilization series, but that don't means Civ 7 can be a bit different.

Now, to be clear, I definitely understand that people want to see REAL representation of India in Civilization.
I totally agree - we can just do what Civ 6 did - one leader can be Gandhi, and another leader can be a real Indian leader from some point in History.
That was made in Civ 6 with Chandragupta.
what is needed in Civ 7 is a total relooked in India. India alone have more diversity than Europe, that need to be showed in this game.

I hope CIV7 make Gandhi a day 1 premium DLC version (like Moctezuma in CIV6).
That way they can exploit the most such iconic leaders, while the ones like me that are bored of this "joke" could save us the bother of see him again and wait until they release a proper indian leader. Is a win-win solution. ;)

Last edited:
Correction the goverment of a country will boycott it. That kind of regimens lacking true popular representation should not be seen as "the nation/people".

And yes exactly because Firaxis is a business and CIV is a game it seems possible to come some cheap "boycott to support" move in CIV7 to gain money from current "trendy" conflict even if that mean to hate people and their culture.
I’m not worried about semantics. If you have no way of supporting a business financially, then it doesn’t matter if you support them morally.

Top Bottom