CivilizationIV.ini how to change guide?

dino_schoen

Chieftain
Hello all

I have a problem with my CivilizationIV.ini file in BTS. It's on a network drive on my server and it will never be updated by the game. It tells me "Failure to write to file". Everytime I start (or end) the game all the changes are gone. So I would like to alter the file manualy and then write protect it.
Is there a "Change the CivilizationIV.ini for Dummies" guide anywhere? Where all the changes are described? I have used the search function already, but could not found anything useful, maybe because of the 300 hits limit.
If someone knows about a guide like this, please give me a line!

Thanks! :)

I was given Civ 4 as a gift, learning the ropes, but I don't consider this:

; Game Options
GameOptions = 10001000000000000100101

to be "extremely well documented so basically above each line that you can change there is a comment that tells you what to do"

I figured it out, but I still have a specific question and I'm hoping this stale thread is still being monitored. :)

Anyway, I want to specify in the .ini the initial value in the "Advanced Start Base Points". What is the syntax for that?

I was given Civ 4 as a gift, learning the ropes, but I don't consider this:

; Game Options
GameOptions = 10001000000000000100101

to be "extremely well documented so basically above each line that you can change there is a comment that tells you what to do"

Oh, in that case it's not really necessary if you know where to look at.
The line of numbers essentially tells you, which option from XML\GameInfos\GameOptionInfos.xml is activated (and these should speak for themselves).

Anyway, I want to specify in the .ini the initial value in the "Advanced Start Base Points". What is the syntax for that?

...er...I don't see an option for that anywhere.

Top Bottom