Civilizations, Leaders (Traits, Fav. Civic, Fav. Religion)

Strangely enough Wikipedia DOES NOT have this definition of the term "pigeonhole," but what TAdF said was completely accurate and the way the phrase is used in the United States. I'm kinda shocked they don't have that meaning there. :confused:

Probably not notable enough.
I can set it so "The Good Part Of Ireland" (not bashing North Ireland, it was part of a project with a bunch of friends to sneak Simpsons jokes into Wiki) redirects to Republic of Ireland and it'll stay there for like three years straight, but someone can put a legit article up and it'll get deleted in a matter of minutes. :p

I will have to search for that :lol:

I will have to search for that :lol:

They -finally- caught it after like 3 years. Made me laugh so hard. I'd been saying that "At the 5 year mark it becomes a fact."
* 23:08, 19 May 2009 JHunterJ (talk | contribs) deleted "The good part of ireland" :) (G10: Attack page or negative unsourced BLP

Well guys, there is yet another great LH out there that I am REALLY thinking of using. It is Osman I for the Turks. First, should I add another leader to the mod, and if the answer to that is yes what would his traits be?

I say use him, though wait and see if there are any other civs who need a leader more desperately.

Also, a small suggestion. Add some 'only for scenario purposes' civs. I have some in mind: EU (Including Norway and Swiss), NAFTA (could just use US), Arab League, UNASUR, CIS (could use Russia), African Union (excluding Arab League Countries), SCO (excluding Russia, including North Korea), SAARC, PIF (including Japan and South-Korea) and ASEAN. To make them non-playable in the general game is no problem at all. Just set 0 to the leaderavaibility, aiplayable and playable tags on the civs xml. They can still be played in scenarios by setting the playable line in the WB file to playable=1. This way we could include futuristic scenarios AND give the civs there real UUs (such as Eurofighter Typhoon for EU etc.). The civs I proposed also covers the most of the Worlds areas to, so create a futuristic scenario with a world divided by alliances near the outbreak of a third world war would then be wery possible. If you add this, I would be more than happy to create the scenario, and the best is that since these nations is only for scenario purposes, they do not need national units, as they cover such waste areas. Instead we could just use much of the unitarts you included for other civs:
EU: European (from BTS) Unit Art (could also use Germany or France)
African Union: Ethiopia Unit Art or Zulu Unit Art
NAFTA: US unit Art
UNASUR: Inca Unit Art
CIS: Russian Unit Art
Arab League: Arabian Unit Art
SCO: China Unit Art
SAARC: India Unit Art
PIF: ??
ASEAN: Khmer Unit Art

I hope this is enough to convince you to add them. We could as well replace the Strategy section with a large ONLY FOR SCENARIO PURPOSES in the civilopedia, if that would make you feel better.

Personally I'm against adding these civs
They don't really fit in the concept for me...

Well guys, there is yet another great LH out there that I am REALLY thinking of using. It is Osman I for the Turks. First, should I add another leader to the mod, and if the answer to that is yes what would his traits be?

Osman looks great, definitely should be in!
I always second adding great LHs ;)
Not sure of the traits (yet)

I just wanted to clarify what veBear was saying for a minute, or rather WHY he said that. I asked him in his map thread (which has some really great maps, you guys should check them out) if he wouldn't mind helping me make a few mini-scenarios for Dilomacy II, he agreed and I PMed him about it. Basically what I had in mind was a few small scale (small or even tiny maps) scenarios involving specific historic events/periods/wars/etc. in time. Basically so they could be played in one or two sittings (depending on what you consder a "sitting" is in Civ). I am ASSUMING one of the scenarios he has come up with is some type of near-future/WWIII scenario. That's probably why he suggested those civs be in as unplayable civs, so they could be used for a scenario but not used in the normal game.

Anyway, the only way I WOULDN'T add Osman to the game is if he could be better used for a different civ. But really, I can't see a reason not to add Osman. Traits and personality are going to be an issue though, because I have a feeling Osman would wind up being a lot like Mehmed.

Personally I would feel that Mehmed is more a "conqueror" and Osman more of a semi-mythical "consolidator" kind (i.e. Organized).

I just wanted to clarify what veBear was saying for a minute, or rather WHY he said that. I asked him in his map thread (which has some really great maps, you guys should check them out) if he wouldn't mind helping me make a few mini-scenarios for Dilomacy II, he agreed and I PMed him about it. Basically what I had in mind was a few small scale (small or even tiny maps) scenarios involving specific historic events/periods/wars/etc. in time. Basically so they could be played in one or two sittings (depending on what you consder a "sitting" is in Civ). I am ASSUMING one of the scenarios he has come up with is some type of near-future/WWIII scenario. That's probably why he suggested those civs be in as unplayable civs, so they could be used for a scenario but not used in the normal game.

Yup, that's why ;)
These civs don't even need UUs or UBs actually. They are not to be played in the Normal game so...

Anyway, the only way I WOULDN'T add Osman to the game is if he could be better used for a different civ. But really, I can't see a reason not to add Osman. Traits and personality are going to be an issue though, because I have a feeling Osman would wind up being a lot like Mehmed.

Osman actually sounds great. I just thought that he could be used as some other middle eastern and very great LH, though I can't think of anyone at the moment :crazyeye:

(which has some really great maps, you guys should check them out)

Thanks, BTW. Glad you liked my maps :king:

And if anyone suddenly got the urge to check it out, see here

Hey there everyone,

In concerns with the Polynesian Civilization:

Religion for Kamehameha - Christianity. During the 19th Century, Hawaii became converted heavily into Christianity.

Religion for Salamasina - Shamanism. Although, not exactly accurate as Samoans during the reign of Salamasina were a mixture of 'Polytheists and Animialists', but this will do.

The traits for the two leaders are good enough.

Cheers.

I have been thinking recently about changing the Viking civilization to the Norse or Nordic civilization. The only problem I have with this is that the game isn't set up to handle it this way. First of all, what would their country/national name be called? Norway? That is kinda lame, and if that was the case there would be another Norway civ once I create it. So that wouldn't work, neither would Denmark or Sweden. So that is the issue. I could just call it Norse or "The Norse" (which is what I did for the Timurids actually). I don't know, what do people think?

Norseland... another option is also Norden

My vote is to leave them as Vikings
Sounds better for me this way

EDIT: I mean, we either have Norse, Norway, Denmark and Sweden, or Vikings, Norway, Denmark and Sweden
In the second case Norway, Denmark and Sweden can easily mean the post-Viking medieval kingdoms and modern nations
The first case seems simply confusing

My vote is to leave them as Vikings
Sounds better for me this way

EDIT: I mean, we either have Norse, Norway, Denmark and Sweden, or Vikings, Norway, Denmark and Sweden
In the second case Norway, Denmark and Sweden can easily mean the post-Viking medieval kingdoms and modern nations
The first case seems simply confusing

That is a good point, although not necessarily a selling point to me. In any event I made a Viking/Norse Great General. :goodjob:

Just a thought,

It would be awesome if we could implement the blood-splatter effects into this Mod? As is found in the FFH II Mod. This would do well to add just that little bit more of 'entertainment' to the battles xD!

Also, maybe an option to enable or disable the blood-splatter. For all those pacifists out there :p.

That is a good point, although not necessarily a selling point to me. In any event I made a Viking/Norse Great General. :goodjob:

Great!!
I'm really looking forward to see the final set of all those great people, and how will they look in the mod
We have already saw quite a few awesome civ or region specific GPs :goodjob:

Viking (before it became a verb) = noun for Sailor... The Vikings = The Sailors

and btw, I thought the Medieval Warlord from Warlords WERE Viking/Norse :p

Top Bottom