• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civilizations you would like to see in DLC

Beuyse13

Chieftain
Mali:
Leader: Souleyman Keita - Inherited the throne form Mansa's son who had done a awful job of dealing with the empire, Souleyman restored the economy, defended his peoples lands even making a few gains and restored the golden age to Mali, Ibn Battu visited the empire and found a nation on par with that of Europe. The nation was also very religious as Souleyman had gone on a Hajj and returned with holy books from Hedjaz.

Unique Unit: Farari - Brave men - these men were the staple of the upper class of infantry armed with spears, swords a large leather coated shield and cloth / padded amour. These men fought with the utmost bravery.

- This unit fights better in deserts or next to rivers and is cheaper to maintain.

Unique Infrastructure : Baldat Alttin - mud town - can be built in any non hills, produces faith which is given a bonus if build in a desert next to a river, also provides a small science bonus.

Leader Ability : Almamlakat hamasia - Zealous Kingdom - once you enter the medieval era your faith output in all your cicties and Baldat Attins is doubled this stops during war

Civ Ability : Arabian Texts: Due to close links with Arabia and the Europeans once you hit the medieval ear the effectiveness of scientific buildings is increased by 50% this stops during war

I'd love to see Mali again in Civ 6! And with the new possibility of having extra leaders, they seem specially great, as they are one of the few sub-saharian African civs that have a couple very interesting choices. I'd personally pick Musa I and Sundiata Keita myself, they are the most iconic and they offer some interesting gameplay possibilities, Musa would have a gold-related ability, while Sundiata a general-based one, perhaps? As for the civ ability, I think science bonuses are too broken, and a 50% boost is even more unbalanced at that! You gotta think of something else.

Byzantine Empire, under Nikephoros Phocas, Basil II, or Konon the Isaurian.

Id also LOVE to see tje Etruscans under Lars Porsenna with faith generating swordsmen. (The Etruscans were a heavily religious people, and it seems they were the origional innovators pf gladiator games, which had a religious significance)

I am missing the ottoman empire.
The Version in Civ 5 was terrible. A naval based UA? For Ottomans?

here my loosely ide:
a
In civ 6 they take fresh leaders. So i would suggest Bayezid I " the flashbolt". Very sucessful leader until his defeat against theTimurid empire which marked the beginn of ottoman "civl war".

UU: Would be the janitschar
UA: should be a land based ability. i would like to see the Timar system. brings more gold and soldier into the empire.

Italy - Culture/ warmonger focus, possibly covering both united and renaissance Italy.

The Goths - land Norway, pillaging/ city razing focus (they did sack Rome after all).

The Ottomans - Give me the sweet Janissaries, expansionist civ.

Argentina - We need more South American Nations

Sweden - Gustavus Adolfus done right this time, bonus for forming corps and armies earlier than others.

Algiers - led by Oruç Reis/Barbarossa, a pirate themed civ, probably overlaps with Norway in a way but still it would be interesting to have a civ representing the Berber states and their riding/pirating of the Mediterranean coast.

Persia: more representative than just Achaemenid Persia this time around
Hittites: this is probably better in an expansion pack, unless they bundle it with some thing else, but I'd still like to see them. Anyway, give them a stronger chariot unit. If the normal chariot is ranged again, definitely make their unique one melee.
Inca and Iroquois: actually, I'd rather see them in an expansion, but I want to see them either way.

For me, it is:

1. Ottomans (the Renaissance world will feel empty without them)
  2. Carthage (there are no CIVs currently based in the Maghreb region)
  3. A Native American CIV from modern day USA and/or Canada
  4. Another African CIV (Ethiopia, Benin, or Mali)
  5. Cuba (there has never been a CIV representing the Caribbean)

What are yours?

Last edited:
For me, it is:

1. Ottomans
  2. Carthage

What are yours?

Definitely these two for me.

I'd also like to see:
3. Byzantium (maybe as a scenario vs the Ottomans?)
4. Another 'classical era' mid/south american civ or two: we have Aztecs, so maybe the Inca.
5. (Gollum answer) SE Asian or Persia.

Persia
Ottomans
Siam or Khmer
Inca
a Native American civ (Sioux, Cherokee, Iroquois)

I would love to see Polynesia back in some form and we have sorely lacked an Inuit Civ to round out a proper world map.

Byzantium - Middle ages
Persia - Classical

Mongols - Middle ages
Ottomans - Reniassance

Carthage - Classical
Moors - Middle ages

Dutch - Reniassance
Austria-Hungry - Industial

Iroquoi - ? Reniassance / Middle ages
Ojibwe - ? Reniassance / Middle ages

Mexico - Reniassance / Industial
Venezuela - Reniassance / Industial

Maya - Middle ages ?
Inca - middle ages

New Leaders:

America: Ronald Reagan, FDR, Lincoln, Jefferson
German: Kaiser Wilhelm, Frederick the Great
France: Louie the 14th (sun king), Napoleon?
England: Elizabeth, Churchhill, Henry the VIII
Rome: Julius, Augustus
List could go on and on :):cool::D:eek:

Last edited:
Mongolia - Genghis Khan
Zulu - Shaka
Persia - Xerxes
Carthage - Dido
Inca - Pachacuti
Maya - Pacal

Last edited:
Italy - long overdue

The Goths - would be interesting to have more civs from the late roman period

Ottomans - really a must

Argentina - we need more southamerican civs

Korea - after this east Asia would be properly represented

1. Turkey (Ataturk)
2. Mongolia (Kublai Khan)
3. Korea (Sejong)
4. Inca (Huayna Capac)
5. Austria (Maria Theresa)

1. Tlingit (or any Native American civ other than the Sioux or Civ4's "Native Americans")
2. Maya
3. Korea
4. Babylon
5. Phoenicia or Carthage

Top Bottom