• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CivRev: All Civilizations' Bonuses!

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
A new IGN article has been released, examining each civilization, their strengths, special abilities, and unique units. It even contains the bonuses from civilizations like Greece and England, which were previously unknown. The 4 page preview also contains a new video and some screenshots.

To see a table of all civilizations and their leaders side-by-side, visit the updated Civilizations page which now contains all known bonuses and unique units. The worker units for the Greeks and English, as well as the concept art for their leaders, has also been added to the gallery.

>> Visit the IGN preview
>> View the Civilizations reference table

I'm still scratching my head over Rome's special unit. Cataphract? I mean come on, if anyone knows a lick about Roman history they'd know the Romans notoriously lacked heavy cavalry. Are legions build-able by every civ in CivRev?

Fopr the country that was the cradle of modern representative Government, I'm wondering why England got Monarchy. And no trade-ey bonuses either.

Yup, a lot of these bonuses make no sense. The best/worst one I saw on the first page was the Spanish naval bonus. Sure, they built the Armada, but does Firaxis remember what actually happened to the Armada? It was pretty soundly defeated. And the Spanish didn't prove remotely competent naval combatants in later wars with England either.

Then we have China's no anarchy bonus (few major powers have had MORE internal dissension/anarchy in the 20th century than China, once you combine the warlord period of the early 20th with the revolution/civil war of the mid 20th).

I'm sure there are more - plus, as a previous commentator pointed out, plenty of obvious historical bonuses that are missing - but I just skimmed the thing.

And as to why China and Russia don't get communism-bonuses, but Mongolia does, I don't know. Mongolia proved very capable at liberalizing it's economy, I think it's finance minister may have won the Milton Friedman prize.

Top Bottom