CivRu versus CFC PBEM

But, at least, we'll have preserve random seed on. And, you can't reload to a few turns before in a PBEM, so I don't think reloading will have that big an effect on the game.
Reloads are very efficient during the combat between two stacks of units. If there is no way of controling reloads, we will suspect each other every time when a spear has been killed by a warrior :(

Ok, I think let's start to play without reloads and if some strange things start happening we can continue with reloads.

We will suspect each other whenever one of us is crazy enough to attack a spear with a warrior. :crazyeye:

I agree with your proposal.

Vox, why don't you ask me in russian forum ?
Which one? Ok, I'll proceed with private...

I think there are several things you forgot to discuss:

1. Substitutions in the teams. Should number and frequency of substitutions be limited or not?
2. Turns frequency. Under the "A-B-A-B.." order it will be impossible to keep more then one turn per day.
3. Penalty for missing turns.

I can play move per day, no more. Akots, just make a map and we will start playing it. Otherwise, this discussion will take forever. Order A-B-A-B... No any limitations to the frequency of substitution, no penalties for missed move. Nations and other settings are up to Akots. All our wishes are written above already.

please, pm me your email where to send save. I will pm to Tomoyo

So do we have a play order yet? I know it's CFC - RU -CFC - RU... but who's the first CFC, the first RU, etc.?

I will PM to some Russian player when I know who's after me.

We have single email for Russian team, send all saves to that email I pm'ed to Tomoyo

Should we get a single email too?

Looks this is going to be a fun game! akots, if you want I can do a balance check of the map. (For those not being CDZ regulars, I'm one of the PBEM mapmakers there).

Whomp said:
Should we get a single email too?
It would be better, we will not have to remember whom of you send the save

@Beam Yes, it is absolutely non-official, just for fun game :)

Thanks Beam!
How is communication going to work from A-B?

I don't think we will have diplomacy in this game. But if it is necessary we can arrange some way of communication later.

Makes sense. Locked alliances and all. No need to talk just a little :hammer: on each other!

OK, I'll start then with the map. There will be 6 players CFC1, CFC2, and CFC3 and RUS1, RUS2, and RUS3 unless you guys want some real names behind them. Passwords would have to be either assigned by me or you can pm me with them. Three players of the same team will start in locked alliance and at locked war with 3 other teams. I'll draw a map, playtest it for a little while and then will send to Beam to check for consistency. Level will be Emperor and size small. Please do not then complain that the civs are not balanced. But it will be all 6 traits for both teams in either combination. :evil:

Both continents will have ivory and there will be no goodie huts but many barbarians. Diplomatic victory will be disabled. I'll start working on the map later on today, so please post if that is OK or not. If all goes well it can be ready by Sunday night or Monday and then you can start. Please make sure to store all the saves better on the mailserver and exchange e-mails between each other.

Thanks akots. I'll be CFC3. Do we chose our preferred traits or random?

There will be identical 6 traits for each team excluding Seafaring since it is continents map and expansionist since it is essentially useless without huts. So far, the choice of civs looks to me like:

CFC:
Persia, Japan, Iro

RUS:
Rome, Maya, Babylon

Must admit, this is not final variant and unique units of CFC look somewhat stronger.

Alternative:

CFC:

Egypt, Sumeria, Rome

RUS:

India, Persia, Aztec.

Oooh.... early UUs...

That calls for a different strategy, one that I am very inexperienced in. :ack:

Tough call. They'd have the only MA UU but we would have all six traits.

Top Bottom