Civ's features through maps

The Roman Empire was huge too, so was the British Empire, so was the Arab Empire. He explained early on that it's not feasible to represent these civs at their heights.

Re: The Iroquois, here is a map of the territories of tribes at the beginning of the Beaver Wars. Arguably, they took over Huron, Erie, and Neutral territory, which should bring them across to the Canadian side as well. However, we're really talking about just across the border, which isn't all that useful.

The Roman Empire was huge too, so was the British Empire, so was the Arab Empire. He explained early on that it's not feasible to represent these civs at their heights.
Now I get it
Re: The Iroquois, here is a map of the territories of tribes at the beginning of the Beaver Wars. Arguably, they took over Huron, Erie, and Neutral territory, which should bring them across to the Canadian side as well. However, we're really talking about just across the border, which isn't all that useful.
But isn't Montreal on their city list, or am I misremembering

Yeah, I think it is. But they don't exactly have an accurate city list.

I'm taking note. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Wow, that natural wonder map is empty. We seriously need way more natural wonders. :(

Yeah, we're always talking about regions empty of civs, but what these maps make clear is that there is a serious lack of natural wonders... The Americas has 6, but 2 are fictional and I never thought of Potosí as a wonder. The rest of the World, currently, has only 4... I hope they add more than only religious mountains in G&K (and more than just those 4).

If someone know Eldorado's and Fountain of Youth exact location, just tell us already!

:lol:
Speculating only...

1) Fountain of Youth is off the coast of North-Carolina, near an archipelago. (Underwater caverns)
2) Eldorado is actually the Pyramid temple of Pacal-Votan in the Mayan city of Palenque -- really, it was already beyond the whole legend!

Great job, but:

Why only half of China is colored?

Aztecs settled much bigger lands.

If you colored Finland and Norway, so is better to do with Ukraine and Belarus (at least eastern parts). Cossacks (Russian UU) actually were more Ukrainian than Russian (well, technically in the golden age of Cossacks Ukraine did not exist yet but this more or less independent land was called Small Russia and Cossacks were fighting for it, and most part of this "Cossacks land' are now in Ukraine not in Russia. During Catherine who represents Russia in ciV most of this territories were Russian.

Also you can color F.Y.R. Macedonia with Greek
sorry it's colored already

Why only half of China is colored?

The hatched areas represent:
  • Regions that aren't well represented by the civ they are related to (Western parts of China, comprising specially Tibet - which is a popular suggestion by itself - and Xinjiang; ...);

Blank areas mostly means not represented regions (...)

If you colored Finland and Norway, so is better to do with Ukraine and Belarus (at least eastern parts). Cossacks (Russian UU) actually were more Ukrainian than Russian (well, technically in the golden age of Cossacks Ukraine did not exist yet but this more or less independent land was called Small Russia and Cossacks were fighting for it, and most part of this "Cossacks land' are now in Ukraine not in Russia. During Catherine who represents Russia in ciV most of this territories were Russian.

Nice suggestion, noted.

Cool stuff - are you looking for a marketing job at Firaxis? :scan:

Thanks, but not really. I'm just a indignant person. And indignation is quite the inspiration.

You may also colour Afghanistan and Turkmenistan in Persian colours since Kabul, Kandahar and Merv are on the Persian city-list.

You may also colour Afghanistan and Turkmenistan in Persian colours since Kabul, Kandahar and Merv are on the Persian city-list.

But he's already said he's not doing at greatest extent, otherwise he would have to cover half the world as either Mongolian or British

But he's already said he's not doing at greatest extent, otherwise he would have to cover half the world as either Mongolian or British

I know, but he does colour countries which are represented within a civ in the civs hatched colour. For example: Norway is hatcheted in Danish colours and Finland is hatcheted in Swedish colours, as both countries are represented in those civs. I was just suggesting hatcheting Afghanistan and Turkmenistan the way Norway is hatcheted, because both countries are represented in the Persian civ and don't overlap with other civs.

While we're at hatcheting, he could hatchet Croatia, Hungary and the Czech Republic to Austria's colors, too.

While we're at hatcheting, he could hatchet Croatia, Hungary and the Czech Republic to Austria's colors, too.

I would wait with that
Hungary will be included as a separate civ ;)
We need more medieval focused civs IMO

That depends on the fact whether or not Austria will have Hungarian, Czech or Croatian UU or cities. My suggestion of hatcheting Afghanistan and Turkmenistan was solely based on the fact that Persia has Afghan and Turkmen cities on their city-list.

Iceland should be hatcheted in Danish colors (Reykjavik), and Greenland should be hatcheted or full (Godthåb).

And what should the Byzantine empire represent on this map? It's not really represented by any modern-day country that's not Greece or Turkey, so I wouldn't know, either, but I don't think it should just be hatched across Turkey. At least make it both Turkey and Greece?

Yeah, I would make Byzantium slashes across both Greece and Turkey. I'd also consider giving them Bulgaria. Greece should have southern Albania, fwiw. Carthage should get slashes for Sicily and Sardinia.

But we're all just nitpicking, it's fine how it is.

I'll leave Austria as it is, at least for now. As Art Grin said, that will depend on its Unique features and City list (specially the features).

I did hatched Afghanistan and Tajikistan with Persia's colors, since those regions seems to share a common and strong Persian heritage, but removed it before the final version for some reason. I'll fix that.

I'd like to hear more opinions on Iceland and Greenland. I like Greenland being empty to point out that the Inuit are not in (as they are a popular suggestion). Also, It's association with Denmark is fading with the time. On the other hand, Its history is strongly tied with the Scandinavian's.

Balkans and Mediterranean needs some attention, indeed.

Great job on the maps!

Top Bottom