Votes: 15 4.6%
  • New: EU

Votes: 20 6.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 70 21.5%

• Total voters
KingKHAN said:
Being enslaved time after time?

Shows they were adept at escaping captivity ;) I'm thinking emancipation as favorite civic :)

Venger said:
The Brazlian unique unit could be the beggar orphan... yikes.

The new world is too new to have much inclusion - the United States makes it simply because of it's overwhelming modern dominance.

The only one I voted for that doesn't appear to be getting traction is the Zulu, and that's honestly just Civ nostalgia behind my wanting them...

The one that I always underestimate are the Dutch. I guess it's their relatively small role in the modern world. Hey, I gotta hat tip Denmark though for stepping up in Iraq, bonus points for them there... in fact, that's convinced me, gimme the King of Denmark...

Babylonians seem a shoo-in, and should be. Same for the Ottomans and Vikings. I wouldn't mind seeing a Native American tribe entered (though hard to argue for a culture that couldn't invent the bloody wheel). Gotta thumbs down the Portuguese, they seem like Spain-lite (though more Iraq props).

Venger

How could you even say that! Argentina and Brazil were HUGE contruibitors! Brazil and Argentina has had endless inventors and endless row of inventions. Not to mention the waves of all the immgrates from europe that came to Argentina and Brazil make them both very capaible of being in this game. Also you must remember Argentina was the second richest country for a long time even richer then the US. If you think that then you obviouisly do not know your History of the Americas. Brazil however faces much racism especially to blacks and mulattos / Mestizo which almost always tend to be the poorest of people who immgrate to the US

new nations is not really necessary...

..first It should add some new abilities for the ones who play as USA, like killing their own people with electric chairs, making holy wars to steal petrol, oh an ability to label those wars as "legal". Or ability to make holocoust.. just an idea..

Moderator Action: Trolling - Warned again!
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

XGustaX said:
Mestizo which almost always tend to be the poorest of people who immgrate to the US

Seems like youre the one who needs to read up on history!
In case you didnt know mestizo people already inhabited the american southwest before the Mayflower dropped anchor, so they didnt immigrate anywhere.
Also Millions of poor Germans, Norwegians, Irish, & other Europeans immigrated to the U.S. from the 1860's to the 1920's in search of a better life.

XGustaX said:
How could you even say that!

Because both countries have paltry contributions to the fabric of history.

Argentina and Brazil were HUGE contruibitors!

To what? The pantheon of off-writable third world debt relief? Argentina and Brazil haven't DONE anything that warrants inclusion as a Civ power.

Brazil and Argentina has had endless inventors and endless row of inventions.

Like what? Electricity? The Wheel? The Chia pet? Where will we look in history to find the thumbprints of these civilizations?

Not to mention the waves of all the immgrates from europe that came to Argentina and Brazil make them both very capaible of being in this game.

Great, the Argentine UU can be the expatriated Nazi war criminal...

Moderator Action: Trolling, warned.
-Civrules.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Also you must remember Argentina was the second richest country for a long time even richer then the US.

While second richest may be a stretch, periodic well-to-do-ness doesn't argue for inclusion either.

If you think that then you obviouisly do not know your History of the Americas. Brazil however faces much racism especially to blacks and mulattos / Mestizo which almost always tend to be the poorest of people who immgrate to the US

Considering the active role Argentina took in purging the resident Indians, it is no wonder they don't have the same issues...

Regardless, Argentina and Brazil simply do not have a worthy claim of actually mattering throughout history. Did they control a great empire? Sustain over a thousand years? Settle far away new lands? Act as the dominant force on earth? No, no, no, no, and no...

Nothing personal, but they are not Civ-worthy.

Venger

Mexico? Not a good choice for a expansion when we already have the Aztecs. Aztecs are the true Mexicans anyways, the Mexica people.

Yeah hes right Mexico is just the Present day name of techinally the decendants of the Aztec and Mayan empires. Its like Peru is the present day name of the Incan Empire.

Venger said:
Because both countries have paltry contributions to the fabric of history.

To what? The pantheon of off-writable third world debt relief? Argentina and Brazil haven't DONE anything that warrants inclusion as a Civ power.

Like what? Electricity? The Wheel? The Chia pet? Where will we look in history to find the thumbprints of these civilizations?

Great, the Argentine UU can be the expatriated Nazi war criminal...

While second richest may be a stretch, periodic well-to-do-ness doesn't argue for inclusion either.

Considering the active role Argentina took in purging the resident Indians, it is no wonder they don't have the same issues...

Regardless, Argentina and Brazil simply do not have a worthy claim of actually mattering throughout history. Did they control a great empire? Sustain over a thousand years? Settle far away new lands? Act as the dominant force on earth? No, no, no, no, and no...

Nothing personal, but they are not Civ-worthy.

Venger

LOL THEN WHY IS THE US IN THERE A COUNTRY THAT IS NOT EVEN 300 YEARS OLD haha nice try

A lot you know the radio transmitter was invented in Argentina. Ball point pens lots of stuff where invented by these countries. Tango which if your European especially is very popular there still! And just till recently Brazil has invented a new alterative to gasoline. seriously Argentina today right now ranks at 14th for most invetions. Your igorance is patheic to this forum.

Tarascan_King said:
Seems like youre the one who needs to read up on history!
In case you didnt know mestizo people already inhabited the american southwest before the Mayflower dropped anchor, so they didnt immigrate anywhere.
Also Millions of poor Germans, Norwegians, Irish, & other Europeans immigrated to the U.S. from the 1860's to the 1920's in search of a better life.
I was talking about present day smart one. and im wasnt talking about Europe i was talking about Latin America the MAJORITY of the people who immigrate from Latin America are Mestizo or Mulatto. Very few whites even thought you go to certain countries in Latin America where whites are the majority.

Reiner said:
before adding any new nations it should fix a bug first, a bug called USA.. it shouldnt be in, thats a shame

This is absolutely absurd and I'm sick of reading post after post about how the US shouldn't be in the game.

The most common argument is that they haven't been around for a long enough time. Yes, the US has only been an independent nation since 1776. But the colonies have been around since the early 1600s. Colonial culture WAS different from English culture; the presence of the frontier drastically changed the mindset and worldview of English who moved to the colonied, and several colonies were majority non-English by the time of the revolution (there were many Dutch, German, and even Swedish imigrants even in those days). Don't think that the pre-nation period counts? Well you'd better take Germany out, they've only been a nation since 1871. Greece has only been a unified nation since the 1820s, guess they don't count either. There's only been a nation state of India since 1947, I suppose their long history before then doesn't count either.

Sure, 400 years still isn't a long time compared to the age of England and Rome, but guess what? The Incan Empire was around for less than 4 centuries too! As was the Aztec Empire. Guess they should be taken out too. Wow, we're losing civs pretty fast.

Aside from the "they haven't been around long enough argument" I can't see many other complaints. I guess you could claim that American culture is too close to Britain's to count as its own civ. But Roman culture was extremely similar to Greek. More than half the Empire spoke Greek, and Roman plays and philosophical works mainly consisted of translations of Greek ones. No one could claim that Rome doesn't deserve to be in the game.

America is the only civ to have put a man on the moon, they were decisive players in both world wars, many of the game's wonders were built in the US, and some of the game's modern units are built exclusively by America. I'm not trying to talk up the US or brag about America's achievements by any means, but it's annoying that people on this forum say they should be removed all the time and the only response is usually "well firaxes just wants to sell the game to Americans." I usually don't even play as America, but it doesn't bug me to see FDR in the ancient world any more than it bugs me to see Cyrus the Great in the 20th century.

lysander said:
This is absolutely absurd and I'm sick of reading post after post about how the US shouldn't be in the game.

The most common argument is that they haven't been around for a long enough time. Yes, the US has only been an independent nation since 1776. But the colonies have been around since the early 1600s. Colonial culture WAS different from English culture; the presence of the frontier drastically changed the mindset and worldview of English who moved to the colonied, and several colonies were majority non-English by the time of the revolution (there were many Dutch, German, and even Swedish imigrants even in those days). Don't think that the pre-nation period counts? Well you'd better take Germany out, they've only been a nation since 1871. Greece has only been a unified nation since the 1820s, guess they don't count either. There's only been a nation state of India since 1947, I suppose their long history before then doesn't count either.

Sure, 400 years still isn't a long time compared to the age of England and Rome, but guess what? The Incan Empire was around for less than 4 centuries too! As was the Aztec Empire. Guess they should be taken out too. Wow, we're losing civs pretty fast.

Aside from the "they haven't been around long enough argument" I can't see many other complaints. I guess you could claim that American culture is too close to Britain's to count as its own civ. But Roman culture was extremely similar to Greek. More than half the Empire spoke Greek, and Roman plays and philosophical works mainly consisted of translations of Greek ones. No one could claim that Rome doesn't deserve to be in the game.

America is the only civ to have put a man on the moon, they were decisive players in both world wars, many of the game's wonders were built in the US, and some of the game's modern units are built exclusively by America. I'm not trying to talk up the US or brag about America's achievements by any means, but it's annoying that people on this forum say they should be removed all the time and the only response is usually "well firaxes just wants to sell the game to Americans." I usually don't even play as America, but it doesn't bug me to see FDR in the ancient world any more than it bugs me to see Cyrus the Great in the 20th century.

Thank you ! I agree 1000% with you. Just because its was a colony doesnt mean it shouldnt be in the game. Would you support having Argentina in the game also then is my question? It seems to me many people dont know their History of the Americas very well and those people should shut up.

XGustaX said:
I was talking about present day smart one. and im wasnt talking about Europe i was talking about Latin America the MAJORITY of the people who immigrate from Latin America are Mestizo or Mulatto. Very few whites even thought you go to certain countries in Latin America where whites are the majority.

Please read your own post again. You were speaking about the Histoy of the Americas, were you not? There was nothing in your post that led me to believe, that you were speaking about the present. So sorry for not guessing about what you meant.

well sorry if i wasnt clear i meant that Mestizos and mulattos have always been oppressed in Latin America

Top Bottom