Votes: 15 4.6%
  • New: EU

Votes: 20 6.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 70 21.5%

• Total voters
Xineoph said:
Israel of course.

Still Israel is a civ that should definitely be put in the expansion.

ha-ha I can imagine what the opening message would be for israel; Hello player your nation is moneylender and banker, so you have ability to steal money from other nations, you can also have ability to make propoganda movies to make effect on people.

haha

Moderator Action: Trolling - Warned for the 3rd time. Since you posted this before you were warned I won't ban you -yet-.
Read the PM. - Rik

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

On some kinds of maps I'd really like to play the Polynesians... or Oceanians or whatever would be most inclusive. But I don't know whether the theme would fit well into the Civ framework.

I would assume there would probably be no more than seven new Civs in an expansion pack, but I'll limit my choices to 5.

Babylonians
Hebrews
Zulus
Iroquois
Scandanavians

Why not add the Hungarians? The Huns had a great empire way back when. You could have Attila as the leader, the crow and ring as their symbol...It's original and new. You don't need to recycle and repackage the older civs like the Vikings and Netherlands. Give the Huns a chance! :king:

No, we don't need a NEW American Civ. We need a NEW American Leader. Adding a new leader should not be as hard as adding entirely new Civs. In fact, it might be an interesting way to expand the game IN ADDITION TO adding new civilizations. I would prefer to play with Powhattan as the American leader. Add a few Civs, add a few leaders to existing Civs.

You could add Constantine to Roman Civ, thereby creating Byzantium.

Why would you have Powhatan as the American leader? America in Civ has ALWAYS been shorthand for the United States, not for the soil of North America.

Venger

oldskool138 said:
Why not add the Hungarians? The Huns had a great empire way back when. You could have Attila as the leader, the crow and ring as their symbol...It's original and new. You don't need to recycle and repackage the older civs like the Vikings and Netherlands. Give the Huns a chance! :king:

One problem...Huns and Hungarians are not the same thing.

As far as I know, the Huns are the ancestors of the Hungarians. Not the same thing, yes, but close. But if someone puts in the Huns (or Hungarians) please don't make Arad a Hungarian city, like TETurkhan did in his map&mod for Civ3. Anyway, the Vikings deserve more to be in.

Byzantines: The ONLY culture in Europe in dark ages that was 'civilized'

Sweden: Major power of 16th - 17th century.

Babylon: An ancient civ that should be in.

EU? Is that a joke?

Austria should also be in it.

In my opinion there should be 2 cathegories of civilizations:
- main
- minor

The main should have their animated leaders, and so on...
In standard game, AI should play only using main civilizations

The minor should have for example 4 standard leader apperiences to choose from.(there would be noother design work for it), and standard music
There should be plenty of minor civilization for players from different countries that would like to play with their own nation.

For example I live in Poland and I would very much like to play Polish !!! Great country -1000 years of history, not many know that for some time it was even the biggest country in Europe.

Mirc said:
As far as I know, the Huns are the ancestors of the Hungarians. Not the same thing, yes, but close. But if someone puts in the Huns (or Hungarians) please don't make Arad a Hungarian city, like TETurkhan did in his map&mod for Civ3. Anyway, the Vikings deserve more to be in.

The Huns are not the ancestors of Hungarians though. The Huns as a people dissapeared in the 5th century, shortly after Attila. Present day Hungarians are descended from the Magyars, who came on the scene in the 9th century.

Interresting, people talk about that USA should not be in it and then some come along that say that Israel must be in it. Ehm Israel as nation only exist since WW2, it has hardly any impact on the world history, unless you see creating constant chaos in a region for 50 years and ignoring UN resolutions/human rights laws over and over again.

Compared to Austrian Monarchy which existed as nation from the middle ages till 1918 and had great researches which effected human lifes (in all varity of technoligyfields) then Isreal is nothing in the human history.

Unless you people mean the Israel kingdom thats mentioned in the bible, but that doesnt have anything to do with the Israel of today.

About the Huns and Hungarians...At any rate, both had a sizable empire back in the day. The folks at Firaxis should try giving Atilla or the Austria/Hungarian Empire a shot. It would spice things up a bit...Who's with me on this?! :D

Chayton said:
Interresting, people talk about that USA should not be in it and then some come along that say that Israel must be in it. Ehm Israel as nation only exist since WW2, it has hardly any impact on the world history, unless you see creating constant chaos in a region for 50 years and ignoring UN resolutions/human rights laws over and over again.

Compared to Austrian Monarchy which existed as nation from the middle ages till 1918 and had great researches which effected human lifes (in all varity of technoligyfields) then Isreal is nothing in the human history.

Unless you people mean the Israel kingdom thats mentioned in the bible, but that doesnt have anything to do with the Israel of today.

Good point! Israel is nothing more than an american joke, speacially for arabs. Typical european & american fantasy to create fake nations. Like Czechs and Greeks. Really stupid.

Voted for Babylon, Korea, Carthage (to get another elephant unit), Celts and Scandinavia.

Vikings in the lead with 132 votes :goodjob:

Definitely the Vikings, Babylonians and Zulus!

(Note very rare correct spelling of 'definitely' on an Internet forum...;) )

Top Bottom