1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Fuel68, Dec 26, 2006.

1. soul_warrior

soul_warrior Termite!

howdie!
    looking to expand the teachings of the JiveTalker (tm) into the realms of [civ4] pbem's.
    i have played it, and warlords before but it hasnt stuck.
    i am certain that a good team is what i need.

i can do 1 turn a day, maybe more, if they get in before i go to work.
    i do not quit games, and i keep my deals within.

civ 4 level: :blush: noob.
    (but ill kick y'arse on civ3 :D

Game Experience: [Civ3] for many years, trying to have a go at [civ4] again
    Favorite Civilizations: england/dont mind
    Gaming-Style: commited. honest. trust worthy.
    Communication: Email (get it via PM)
    Substitution Availability: depends on my workload.

2. JHopkins19

JHopkins19 Chieftain

Looking For: Novice CIV PBEM player here, but want to jump in ASAP (I am playing Beyond the Sword, version 3.13)
    Favorite Civilizations: Hmmm, don't really have one. I would rather have us choose random start, but I can choose if needed.
    Communication: check email throughout the day, contact at jhubaseball@yahoo.com or send me a PM.

I'll probably send out some invites myself as I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

3. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

looking for a 3.13 beyond the sword pbem. any map, quick or normal speed and 4-5 players who can commit to doing atleast a turn per day.my gmt is -8 and my leader pick is either alexander percules churchill or any of the french leaders

4. Fuel68

Fuel68 Chieftain

USE the Format... it HELPS!!!:goodjob:

To those of you who have posted & would like to get more bang out of your request for games, let's keep game-starting threads out of this one please. Start your threads elsewhere & not here so as to avoid the clutter that is already building. This is a PLAYER DIRECTORY for all intents and purposes.

This thread was created in the hopes of getting many of us Civ-Fanatics to advertise ourselves that we are 'ready, willing, & able' to participate in some PBEM or PitBoss games. So just reply and ADD yourself to this thread to form a simple Player Directory for the community to use for player-slot filling in creating games.

For those that may be interested, maybe copying the ‘format’ and adding/substituting other relevant features PBEM organizers are looking for could help make things easier for gamers in general. I like organization---probably due to my ocd! For example, I'm thinking probably filling in the basics of the following would help:

Looking For: (Type of game, game specifics, preferences…)
    Favorite Civilizations: Name your flavors erm,... Civs!
    Communication: How to get a hold of you. Which works best?

* Hopefully there others like myself out there looking for games that can add replies to this to make it worthwhile for PBEM organizers.
    Peace, yet again… Fuel :king:

====================================================
    Example:

Looking For: I'd like to join any-sized (slight preference on 4-10 people but no biggie!), more or less default settings CivIV (Warlords or Vanilla) PBEM game; no preference on map; culture-specific starting locations on or off as I'm not picky. A fun, reasonable and committed group of guys & gals who are available to do 4-6 turns a week---and have fun when collaborating or running amok/suicidal. Having fun & taking lumps as you go. With regards to the game speed, forwarding the save as soon as possible is NOT a priority as it is ensuring everyone is able to make the turn---ie: getting the turn done in 6 hours before folks are ready is not as important as getting everyone done in 2-3 days! But I’m sure we’ll see how it goes per group & play it by ear. Thanks for everyone’s time and happy Civving!

Keep it clean, Peace, & much thanks, Fuel :goodjob:

Game Experience: Since Civ I’s inception,…
    Favorite Civilizations: America, Carthage, England, India, & Korea
    Gaming-Style: Honorable, easy-going, & committed.
    Communication: ICQ, MSN, yahoo!, VOIP enabled (TeamSpeak or Ventrilo), or Email
    Substitution Availability: Sure, why not? Just message me---as long as the game isn’t on turn 140 of 150!

5. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

looking for: a 3.13 bts game no normal or quick speed 4-5 civs that can do 1-2 turns per day, no random civs

game experience: since civ 3 original

favorite civs: France England and Greece

Gaming-style: commited, wont quit (unless i lose my disk which only happened once)

Communication:Karl_of_europe@yahoo.com (those are underscores not spaces) is my email

Substitution Availability: sure, as long as its a civ i like or somewhat like and i am not being killed

hopefully that was orginized enough

6. Ben E Gas

Ben E Gas King

Looking for a BTS 3.13 game.
    I could do about 1 turn per day.

7. ShorHabar

ShorHabar Chieftain

Hi , I'm looking to join a game

Game Experience: Some - playing Noble…
    Favorite Civilizations: whatever
    Gaming-Style: Honorable, easy-going, & committed.
    Communication: MSN, Email
    Substitution Availability: Will do - depends on my free time

8. zenspiderz

zenspiderz Just some bloke..

Looking for - big games with long timescales (accelerated starts ok) with dedicated never stop even when losing players.

Game experience - SMAC then civ3 and now civ4 (all expansions) - generally play monarch level SP

Fav Civ - will play any but like pete of russia, saladin on arabia, sulieman of ottomania.

Communication
    - PM to start with.

Sub avialability - maybe

9. Aspix

Aspix Chieftain

Looking For: an internet game with 2 to a handful of human players. I play warlords, usually epic/marathon. When I play 1 player its usually warlord level. Basically I’m up for most games – however I prefer opponents/other players at (or close to) my own level

Game Experience: I have played since civ1

Favorite Civilizations: Romans (but not nescesarilly)

Gaming-Style: usually I either play cooperatively or aggressively

Communication: MSN, or Email

Substitution Availability: …

10. Game_Addy

Game_Addy Chieftain

Looking For: A BTS game with a few humans, AI optional. Mostly something to get my feet wet with 4-7 turns/week. I'll mostly be playing after I get off from work(2200 here)

Game Experience: Played since Civ II; intermediate Civ IV, though I am a newcomer to online-play.

Favorite Civilizations: Any, or Random. For leaders, I prefer Philosophical, Spiritual, Organized in almost any combination(though I lean towards Spiritual more)

Gaming-Style: Builder. I like to make the games last, get ahead, and then crush the competition.

Communication: AIM, YIM, MSNIM, or Email. Or PM here.

Substitution Availability: As long as the game is in the beginning/mid part of the game.
    [/QUOTE]

11. DNK

DNK Member

Looking For: any vanilla game. Prefer larger maps and continents, and a high player/size ratio (~10 on standard), but just about anything would work. Prefer no barbarians. Honestly, though, it doesn't matter that much. Human co-op instead of vs. is also doable.

Game Experience: Civ3+Civ4 - Prince/monarch solo win ~90%, monarch maybe 40%, no multiplayer yet
    Favorite Civilizations: English, Germans, Chinese
    Gaming-Style: Honorable, friendly, builder although prone to crushing military attacks when necessary.
    Communication: E-mail
    Substitution Availability: Sure.
    Availability: Unsure.

12. prenessa

prenessa Chieftain

Hello, I would like to participate in any type of PBEM game (Civ4 BTS)

Favorite Civilizations: Depends on the type of map and game
    I can play my turn every day, more than once per day.
    msn, email: kmecseki@dotnet.ms

13. blazer-glory

blazer-glory Chieftain

Me too. Im always up for a game :)

14. daz34

daz34 Chieftain

never played PBEM but would like to try as multiplayer is quick and dirty and i would like to think a bit. So is PBEM turn based or is there a choice.
    experience: played bts SP since sept 07 been playing MP the last month.
    favourite civs: the less popular ones. everyone is inca, rome, dutch, in MP i have been trying to make Byzantium work because i dont see anyone using it.
    gaming style: i like it all. well spaceships i find boring and spies i am not good at.
    comms: email or PM me here
    substition: never played PBEM willing to learn
    availability:5-7 pm every day would be good.

15. VeteranLurker

VeteranLurker Warlord

Looking For: A BTS w/3.13patch game. Random larger 'normal' earth-like map settings for variety. Probably Epic speed.
    Game Experience: Started with Civ1 way back when, now Civ4 BTS. Some PBEM with Civ3-Warlords. Warlord/Noble level.
    Favorite Civilizations: None, even random could be interesting.
    Gaming-Style: Like to build, but you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
    Communication: PM for now, E-mail once game starts.
    Substitution Availability: Maybe.
    Availability: Usually daily during the week, 1-2 turns per day max.

16. LordDragonHat

LordDragonHat Chieftain

Looking For: BTS, and nothing too long... :eek: any config is worth trying. Jus wanna play!!

Experience: Used to noble, but now playing prince and winning! :) altough only used to hotseat games, i know can get used to new things... jeje

Favorite Civilizations: I think there are few some too overpowered... thats not my style :p Tryed celts little time ago, and liked MUCH

Communication: gmail works terrific for me, check email every minute after another :crazyeye: PM the same

Availability: Once per day sounds good... nightime preference

17. Ulfang

Ulfang Balrog

Me too. I've been playing some M2TW hotseat games recently which has put me in the mood. I always fancied playing a Civ IV PBEM but never got round to it.....

Looking For: any really and the longer the better. I don't play Marathon games for nothing :)

Game Experience:Played since Civ 1 but not much experience of online play

Favorite Civilizations: I probably play England the most but I'm not fussy who I play every civ has its own pro's and con's

Gaming-Style: Co-op but quite happy with a bit of backstabbing :)

Communication: MSN, or Email - gav_rocks@hotmail.com

18. Arangarx

Arangarx Chieftain

Looking For: Anything BTS 3.13 or earlier. I'm actually looking for several games so that I can do more than one turn per day, hehe. I'm up for pretty much any games with a lot of people. I want some epic games. I'm even willing to administrate a game.

Favorite Civilizations: No Preference, though germany is fun since i speak German.

Communication:

email: arangarx@hotmail.com
    aim: arangarx7
    yahoo: arangarx
    msn: arangarx@hotmail.com

Email is a guarantee, though any of those chats will be the fastest if I'm on my computer.

19. blazer-glory

blazer-glory Chieftain

Hi
    I'll set up a game and send you one later! Thanks! ;)

20. Arangarx

Arangarx Chieftain

Are you the one who just sent me that Guarav vs Col game?

Well, I played my first turn. Do you have players for the other two spots? Who should I send the game to next? I use a program to email people automatically so I need the emails of each of the four players and especially the email of whoever is playing Kublai Khan (the person after me).