Clash of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont mind if you can get them done lol i'l include it into my mod :)the help in that sense will be good; i kind of left out alot of the old civs and native americans because i dont ever play with them and i was lazy to update them:p
But im sure as colonies like nubian can turn into sudan or something you know:p or native american into one of the more modern states like cuba or something.

Finished the cultural starts file
Rename the file to be a .py

Don't expect magic with this. I can see it working a little bit... You might occasionally get two european or two asian countries next to each other. I once got the aboriginals and the NewZealanders next to each other. But honestly I think there are flaws in the placement process itself.

Also, my RebelTypes.py only occasionally works. I can't figure out why it doesn't always work, the formatting is completely right.

hmm i could be wrong, but i did notice when i did play couple of my games; that civs with similiar to Artstyles & the deritives where together , this was with culturally linked starts been off, and a signifcant change when i tested the new civs, some how generally the game also tries but not completely put related civs together,

Like in the one map, and most of the maps; UK was Near America; Pakistan, Arabia, Iraq, Yemen where also next to each other,

Anyway thanks for the python file,

One more thing, i found an immigration mod download, that allows you to create instead of settler units but immigrants to move to join to other cities, and only allowed to be created when the city is over populated, any idea to make it happen where these same units can only be settled in foreign lands and make it more random, But where it goes to and settles then has like -1 to the relations with that person, but overtime the immigrants can spread your civ culture in there and religion and bring the civs more close and positive relation.

i was thinking about your idea of one city states. perhaps you could try a workaround: there are unique units that override the default ones. so you could attempt to make a UU replacements for settlers,pioneers and colonists which do not have the build city ability anmore. states with such UU won't be able to expand on their own. but they will be able to gain new cities trough conquest.

I'm wetting my pants in anticipation of this collection of Civs, are you near completion?

Just to clarify my preferences:
I want to use Afforess' AND only, no other modmods unless I personally add them myself.

Therefore, my question is: will you release independent civpack with all these extra civs and extra leaders for RoM 2.91? No other modmods added? If yes, then cool! Can't wait and thanks from me and possibly from Zappara too for your hard work converting the megacivpack :D.

Yeah, it is going to be independent the only things will be available from the download is, the new unique units i put up; leaderheads; civilizations; and 6 new unique buildings;aswell as changes in the main CIV4civilizationinfo.xml and the main artdefines.xml aswell as for the culturally linked stary .py file. That is all :) and its completely modular so you can delete as you see fit

Afterwhich i think im going to make like other add on packs; and 2 new corporations. I think for fun im going to make like a corporation to simulate the piracy industry; and the petrolium industry(going to try to make it so that a special guard unit can be made for it aswell as it gives oil or similiar resource as a bonus but requires oil or similiar resource to the founding not to sure wetther it possible will look into it)

hmm i have one issue small and minor; i want to change the Default Civ CivilizationInfos.xml and aswell as for the game to read my own descriptions and naming for the default civs, but each time i do something either 4 of them dont show their naming properly, how do i make the game get that information from my own file and not from the default folder:/
Or can anyone direct me to the actual a new dawn/RoM Civilization_GameText file please

The alternative is to make sure your stuff is loaded after the AND stuff so that yours replaces its. I think that is how it works for game text.

Hy Hashishim !;)

First of all, thanks for this MODMODMOD.:goodjob:

First question: Can i test it right now, with "not completed leaderhead work" ?

Second question: What is the impact on the speed of the game, big middle or no slowdown ?

The MODMODMOD is complete:) i think that should answer your question, the leaderhead work will just be as an addon at a later stage;

and for the next question, well you wont be able to use all the civs in one game; so yeah just on start up there is a 15minute load time. Which got nothing to do with the modmodmod but rather the game itself:) lol; in terms of gameplay its the same as normal and it depends how many civs you have on a map and size of map.

Hy again and thanks for your quick answers ! ;)

Third question: Where is the download link ? (i'm very proud of this one :lol:)

anyone know where i can upload 699MB :/ filefront max is 600mb, i can split the archive but yeah not to sure wether people will like that; and i need an alternative beside atomic gamer as i get disconnected after a while when upload to there.

how i do that? Must i put it in the Modules folder?

I am assuming that this is modular and does not over write RoM files. So the place to set the order is in the MLF file in the Modules folder. You put your folder towards the end but before the movie one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom