classical swordsman

Great skin Aranor. I also like the heavy armored version, except that the shield seems a bit too bright. Great job! :goodjob:

Rabbit said:
Great skin Aranor. I also like the heavy armored version, except that the shield seems a bit too bright. Great job! :goodjob:
the color of the sheild is intentional.:p I was going for a polished silver look with a inlaid golden pattern :D

I like these swordmen. Can't wait to play a fantasy mod soon :D

sorry :(

Kael said:
Check out my signiture if you would like to try a Civ4 fantasy mod.
shameless plug of your mod there kael ;) But since I have played an early version of your mod and thought it was absolutally amazing I spose is all good
lol :crazyeye:

Call me crazy, but I actually prefer your original work over the 20 April 08 update.

Just curious but why? What makes you prefer the older over the new?
IMHO... the new "swordsman" looks like a rabid gorilla with a sword and cape.

You did ask for it! :lol::D:goodjob:

lol I did. The helmet is supposed to be a lions head. There is historical precedent for this kind of attire (though the soldiers were generally served as Cataphracts). In the Baktrian Kingdom they did not have access to the Hetaroi of Alexanders army like other successor kingdoms, so they created their own. They wore armor made of Iron and Thracian Helmets with a face mask created in the image of a ferocious lion. They were the inspiration for this unit ( pitty I didnt show more of the face:() although the role they are in is strictly Ahistorical as the Baktrian Kataphractoi would never have fought unmounted.

I like a lot of your units Aranor... but I prefered the look of your first swordsman (call me a traditionalist) over the "rabid gorilla" look. You've had some great releases lately... this one just didn't do it for me though. :dunno:

Each to his own. The main reason i did this was to play around in Blender and see what I could do! The head is completely new. As is the Sword fully edited from the Ancient Warlord, and the Shoulder pads are missing from the Swordsman body. Play time I say! :lol: For you Traditionalists I am cleaning up the original .dds file to get a better resolution and not so fuzzy armor. Watch this space.:p

Top Bottom