Clean Green Energy Exported?

Yep Jeremy Clarkson made a joke if you care about the environment drive a V8.

He wasn't joking by much. Just make anything over 1.3 litres illegal with exceptions for working vehicles eg tractors for food production.

If there was real concern about the environment, reduction would be the way to to. There isn't.

I think Hydrogen can have a place as a fuel, the japanese haven't given up yet and jumped on the electric battery bandwagon? Having several technologies is better than betting on a single one.
One thing the "ship shortage" should have made people think about is how much crap is being put into a modern car, and why so much for what is a tool to achieve a simple goal, move from A to B. All those components require industries to make them.

Reducing the time spent moving would also help very much. That of course requires housing to be thought around reducing the need for traveling. Instead of being a speculative get-rich-quick business.

Extraction (and refining) of just about any kind of metal ore tends to be pretty harmful to the environment

Extraction of all resources is harmful to the environment.

Metals = nasty mining, and CO2 from processing

Stone = nasty quarrying, and erosion

Lumber = destroying habitats, facilitating erosion, and removing a carbon sink

Farming = clears massive amounts of land, creates a monoculture, bad runoff

Ranching = clears massive amounts of land, livestock crap out methane, livestock dependent on food from farms

Hunting = weakens the genetic strength of wild populations due to hunters desiring to kill healthy individuals for trophy displays

Fishing = same as hunting but also an increase of infection due to all the catch and release fishing, also a large use of nets that kill other animals

Oh yes, Fukushima does have an history of hi-tech production and explosive "use" of hydrogen. Will Tepco perhaps be their partner in the project? :lol:

I know relatively little about mining and quarrying, but farming, ranching, hunting, and fishing don't need to look anything like they do now. Every single one of us is underpaying the horsehocky out of all that stuff. Red state problems, blue state economy. Not to farcically oversimplify or anything.

Hunting is in a weird spot in the US. We could desperately use more people willing to hunt. It has the opposite effect on say, deer. It improves the herd health. We could desperately use more people willing to hands-on eradicate invasive boar. Either way, the only people I regularly see step up to protect wildlife habitat with their own time rather than some vicarious bull****, like offsetting through some measure of donation, is usually hunters.

Hunters also help keeping trails, open because nature left to itself is kind of nasty to us humans.

Increasingly there's the cities, the (intensively used) farmlands, and the big emptiness. Apart from some maintained parks. Then it turns out that the big emptiness does revert to nature and nature is not the nice thing the tales of environmentalists would have it be. Untamed, uncared for, it's harsh to us. It burns, it floods, it allows all kinds of animals to breed and leave its wild areas, it goes on with whatever cycles it does regardless of the preferences and conveniences of the hominids around it.

Fair Inno, it's just so ridiculous that we'd be liberal instead of conservative with our children. Hell is always so close.

You can't possibly feed people with hunting alone. Especially when the world population exceeds 7 billion and is projected to reach 10 billion by the end of the century.

I'm on board with smaller cars in principle, but my concern is crash safety when you have a mix of large and small vehicles on the road.

Like we have now?
I still remember being almost run down by an HGV that thought rules didn't apply to it when I was learning to drive.

Like we have now?
I still remember being almost run down by an HGV that thought rules didn't apply to it when I was learning to drive.
I had to look up what HGV stood for—heavy goods vehicle. I think we’d call that a semi in America, ohgata torakku here in Japan (“large-size truck.”)

Hunters also help keeping trails, open because nature left to itself is kind of nasty to us humans.

Increasingly there's the cities, the (intensively used) farmlands, and the big emptiness. Apart from some maintained parks. Then it turns out that the big emptiness does revert to nature and nature is not the nice thing the tales of environmentalists would have it be. Untamed, uncared for, it's harsh to us. It burns, it floods, it allows all kinds of animals to breed and leave its wild areas, it goes on with whatever cycles it does regardless of the preferences and conveniences of the hominids around it.

Yes, and we know humans aren't just another part of nature because God told us so in the Bible or something?

Top Bottom