1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud game opened to all

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Moyocoya, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Moyocoya

Moyocoya Chieftain

GS
    No mods
    8 players
    Island plates
    All settings standard

Code 3R15L

2. Genghis_Sean

Genghis_Sean 8th grade English teacher

I joined. Going to be a stretch to think we'll ever finish a game on a map this large, though.

3. Moyocoya

Moyocoya Chieftain

I was wondering why people did not joined my game. You gave me the answer, thank you !
    Maybe I should create another one. What is the best 4 ? 6 players ?

4. Genghis_Sean

Genghis_Sean 8th grade English teacher

Honestly, the smaller the better. I posted the other day several 1v1 games, but have still had no luck. It's possible people have given up looking for them, but you realize if you make a 6 player game and even 1 player decides they don't want to play anymore, the rest of the players will be stuck waiting until eternity for the player returning. The more players you add, the bigger the risk. As host, I think you can kick players, but I don't know what that will do within the game.

Understand that this will be a slow process. In a cloud game, you forced to exit after each turn while the game is saved and then go through your unique civ's loading screen after every turn. It's the kind of game that will be played intermittently from day to day. Therefore, I'd make numerous games available that you're willing to play. Don't worry about playing them one at a time. Make a 1v1 available for me to join with you or join one of mine. Make your 6 player game, too, just in case, though I think you'll never bring it off. Make others, and just hope enough players are willing to join. It's not like you'll have so many players playing simultaneously that you have time to play a certain game. You're going to be waiting around a lot.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020