Cobblestone Roads

Pounder

Phaethon was here
Edit November 7, 2010

Here is an alternate set with a better fully roaded pattern, and a complementary grey railroads set.download on post #10

Edit August 21, 2010
Railroads and roads

Edit August 15, 2010
Here is a second set, brown cobblestone roads.

Original Post Starts Here

Here are a new set of roads.

Previews from in game.

I decided not to add to much and what I added can be easily removed.

I added the cart to the starting tile, I added a well and a hitching rail at the end of one road and I added a direction sign on one crossroad.

It can get very busy very fast if you add too much, I just like things to occasionally pop up.

I managed to make a preview that shows all the changes, so the preview may look a little crowded.

The chickens aren't part of the roads, they are a resource.

Attachments

• roads.pcx
    394.7 KB · Views: 510
  • brown cobble roads.pcx
    395.7 KB · Views: 401
  • brown alternate trimmed cobble roads.pcx
    393.8 KB · Views: 392
  • railroads cobble grey.pcx
    425.8 KB · Views: 409
Thanks.

Here is a second set, brown cobblestone roads.

Attachments

• browncobpre.png
    browncobpre.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 3,121
Wow, these are very professional!

The other day I just thought I need a little more recognizable road on Rhye's terrain. And now here is one :)

I made a set of rails using the grey cobble stone.

I also made a set of brown cobble stone that has had some trimming done on a few tiles that had some excess. I also reduced the amount of roads displayed on a fully roaded map.

I figure that if you are using the roads for a pre-railroad scenario, then the rails should be another version of the roads.

Note to the unaware: Rails can be used as roads, but roads can't be used as rails. Rails have an extra row of tiles that would be ignored if used as roads, but roads will crash the game if used as rails because a row of tiles would be missing.

Maybe they can be Dirt roads v. special preplaced paved (stoneflagged) roads?
Paving them would take a looong time and a large amount of workers…

You rock, Pounder. Everybody do the Pounder!

Good work. I have fantasy mod and really want paved roads to replace railroads, these were excellent. However there's a error somewhere as I often get roads suddently ending at title borders, the patterns don't appear to match. This only begin to appear when you are close to covering the landscape, the simpler connections are all fine. I know it was a long time ago, but did you ever update them? Cheers.

Top Bottom