Coca Plant

LoudScott

Chieftain
I apologize in advance if this has either been asked and answered or if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Is there a building that improves the Coca Plant? I've searched the website with no hits and I looked up Coca Plant in the Civopedia and there is no link to a building. So we just harvest and ship the plant?

Hm....just thinking about it. No, I think there is currently no building that improves the coca plant - since we have implemented this plant in one of the later versions. Maybe I can improve this in the next published version in January.

I didn't find it either.Currently with low price and low demand coca plant is not much of a use.

I didn't find it either. Currently with low price and low demand coca plant is not much of a use.
Coca plants have been added by Ray to replace wine on savanna hills.

The cocaine alkaloid was first isolated by the German chemist Friedrich Gaedcke in 1855, so it wouldn't be historically valid to add cocaine in a game happening from 1500 to 1800. Coca was already cultivated in the Andes before the arrival of Spaniards but the Europeans never imported it before the 19th century. Considering this, it actually makes sense to make of it a plant with little trade value with Europe.

However, you're mentioning demand and this gives me an idea. Considering Coca always had success in the Andes and still has nowadays, the demand and value for this yield could be increased both for trade with the Natives and for domestic demand. This could bring another dimension to the yield that hasn't been exploited yet in the game.

I actually think this would be more interesting rather than "classically" transforming the yield into something else and selling it to Europe.

Coca plants have been added by Ray to replace wine on savanna hills.

iirc the coca plants tile improvement (or something else that grows on savanna hills) are never generated, or at least I never seen one.

I assume that this is based on the fact that the maps which are included in the mod need to be updated in this regard. If you do not play a scenario but a single player generated map you'll get coca plants.

Top Bottom