Negative interaction between Hydro Plant and Iron Works?

LordofDread

Warlord
After I completed Hoover my Iron Works city produces less shields than before (which was without a plant). I have 48 base shields, netting 120 shields with Iron Works and Factory in place. 120 is exactly 48*2.5, so thats correct. After Hoover was complete, I only had 110 shields!? I then tested a bit, and once I abandoned the city containing Hoover it jumped back to 120 raw shields. I can't sell the hydro plant in this city, due to Hoover. Building a coal plant additionally doesnt help either. What I did not try out is selling Factory and build it again. Anyone knows a way around this? Am I missing something?

Here two screens:

With Hydro Plant / Hoover 110 Shields
Ironworks1.JPG

After abandoned Capital (removing Hoover and making this city new capital). Note there isn't a plant in place anymore.
120 Shields....

Ironworks3.JPG

Mmmh first screenshot even has 2 base shields more, since I built a mine southeast. So the real difference would be even higher. 110 equals 50*2.2. So with hydro plant, I have 120% increase in total, instead of 175% (100% IW + 50% FAC + 25% Plant). Without the hydroplant it's 150% increase. Really strange.

Well, the difference in the two screenshots you show is the red shields in the first picture. The red shields don't get multiplied, and you have 20-ish* of them. In the second picture your city is the capital, so you have no corruption or waste. Notice that your commerce per turn has also gone up quite a lot.

Are you sure you were actually getting 120 shields before? You shouldn't have been - with 48 base shields and 20-ish corrupted, you should have been getting about 30* (1 + 1 (iron works) + .5 (factory)), which is about 75 uncorrupted shields, or about 95 total.

*I'm too lazy to count the individual shields, so the numbers are only approxlmate.

Well, the difference in the two screenshots you show is the red shields in the first picture. The red shields don't get multiplied, and you have 20-ish* of them. In the second picture your city is the capital, so you have no corruption or waste. Notice that your commerce per turn has also gone up quite a lot.

Are you sure you were actually getting 120 shields before? You shouldn't have been - with 48 base shields and 20-ish corrupted, you should have been getting about 30* (1 + 1 (iron works) + .5 (factory)), which is about 75 uncorrupted shields, or about 95 total.

*I'm too lazy to count the individual shields, so the numbers are only approxlmate.
Thank you very much, you're absolutely right. I can only include the unwasted shields for multiplier calculation.
I rechecked again, and the reason why it has been higher before (was 118 shields and not 120) was WLTKD for exactly one round there.

Problem solved, thanks :)

Last edited:
Okay, what is "WLTKD"? 'Ya left me hanging, LOL.

‘We love the king’ Day.

Top Bottom