College Football

Unofficial leak, don't read if you want to be suprised.

Spoiler :

Rose: USC vs. LSU
Sugar: Notre Dame vs. Boise State
Orange: Michigan vs. Wake Forest.
Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Louisville
Championship Game: Ohio State vs. Florida

What a damn shame. Michigan gets spurned by the Rose Bowl. I guess I'll never ever see a Big10 Pac10 Rose Bowl game ever again.

Offically wrong :p

Crazy stat of the day:

It's been 11 years since Florida played a game outside of an SEC state. That comes to 138 straight games.

I wonder if they'll be able to find Arizona...let alone the city of Glendale:mischief:

Edit: Even worse, the last time they won a game outside an SEC state...1986 in East Rutherford, NJ against Rutgers...

Yay! Alabama gets to go to a bowl game. Now I've just got to find another Alabama fan willing to drive eight hours each way. To Shreveport. To watch us play Oklahoma State. In the Independence Bowl. I think I may be flying solo on this one . . .

So what are your bowl schedule reactions?

Worst team to make a bowl?

Best team left at home?

Did Michigan get screwed?

Most intriguing undercard game?

Who's hopelessly outmatched?

Will anyone watch Rutgers/K State on the NFL Network?

C'mon people! It's bowl season baby! Get happy!

:culture: It's the most wonderful time . . . :culture:

Well, I'm happy. Even though Texas ended up in the Alamo Bowl, that's pretty much where they belong.

I'm watching everything, including the highly anticipated MAC vs. WAC showdowns :p It's just funny to say that, heheh.

Crazy stat of the day:

It's been 11 years since Florida played a game outside of an SEC state. That comes to 138 straight games.

I wonder if they'll be able to find Arizona...let alone the city of Glendale:mischief:

Edit: Even worse, the last time they won a game outside an SEC state...1986 in East Rutherford, NJ against Rutgers...

Florida Vs. Ohio State: This willd be the first meeting ever between Ohio State and Florida. OSU is 4-8-2 all-time against current members of the SEC, including 0-7 in bowl games.

Florida Vs. Ohio State: This willd be the first meeting ever between Ohio State and Florida. OSU is 4-8-2 all-time against current members of the SEC, including 0-7 in bowl games.

Of course, Tennessee admittedly cheated when we faced them 11 years ago in a bowl game, with their AD issuing a letter of apology to our institution for it. But things such as that are so minor.

Maurice Clarett.

Art Schlichter

Are you serious?!?! Art Schlichter??? How long ago was he a buckeye...25 years, and his problems didn't even come till he left Ohio State. At least use someone more recent, like for the gators, who recently had to kick Avery Atkins off the team.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. :)

(BTW, I fully expected a "Charley Pell" response.. do a little research next time ;))

So what are your bowl schedule reactions?

Worst team to make a bowl?

Best team left at home?

Did Michigan get screwed?

Most intriguing undercard game?

Who's hopelessly outmatched?

Will anyone watch Rutgers/K State on the NFL Network?

C'mon people! It's bowl season baby! Get happy!

:culture: It's the most wonderful time . . . :culture:

Alabama is the worst team to make a bowl.

Arizona was the most deserving that didn't make it, with several good wins on it's schedule including BYU, @ Oregon, vs. Cal, vs. Wash St.

Michigan didn't get screwed, they nor Florida, Louisville or any other one-loss team took care of business, so they have no right to complain.

There are several intriguing undercard matchups, Arkansas-Wisky, VTech-Georgia, but Nebraska-Auburn sticks out the most to me. Both these teams could use a marque win going into next year.

As far as who's hopelessly outmatched, I could go with the obvious and say Notre Dame, but there are a couple of other games out there which are looking like a blowout. But the one I'll highlight is the Texas-Iowa game. If Colt McCoy comes into this game healthy and able to play like he was before the KState game injury, this one will be over before halftime.

I'd watch Rutgers/KState if I had NFL network, but since I don't, I'll probably miss this one.

Alabama is the worst team to make a bowl.

Arizona was the most deserving that didn't make it, with several good wins on it's schedule including BYU, @ Oregon, vs. Cal, vs. Wash St.

I'd watch Rutgers/KState if I had NFL network, but since I don't, I'll probably miss this one.

I'm pretty sure we could take Miami :mischief:

I'd go for MTSU as the worst team to make a bowl. I know they're 6-1 in the Sun Belt, but a 7-6 win over FIU fails to inspire my awe . . .

I'm with you on Arizona though; they got hosed.

And I'd definitely watch Rutgers/Kansas State if it was on a network I get. That was my point . . .

I hate the NFL Network... there's absolutely no way to get it where I live. Satellite just isn't available. I hope it's on some obscure local network.

I'm pretty sure we could take Miami :mischief:

I'd go for MTSU as the worst team to make a bowl. I know they're 6-1 in the Sun Belt, but a 7-6 win over FIU fails to inspire my awe . . .

I'm with you on Arizona though; they got hosed.

And I'd definitely watch Rutgers/Kansas State if it was on a network I get. That was my point . . .

I don't know about you taking Miami, I think that would be a toss up. Miami has most certainly performed better against better teams (though it's also looked like crap). So it's a matter if they play to the Crimson Tide's talent level.

...and I just overlooked the Sun Belt teams. They are quite horrid.

Top Bottom