Columbus 18 Civs

KaiserBenjamin

Warlord
What if Columbus was right and there really was a direct route between Europe and Asia. In this map, I took the normal world map and deleted the Americas and cut out the Pacific Ocean. Now England and Japan share the same sea! Let the chaos begin!

Europe:
Spain
England
France
Italy
Germany
Russia
Greece

Asia:
Arabia
Persia
India
Khmer
China
Mongolia
Japan
Dutch (in Indonesia)

Africa:
Mali
Egyptians
Zulu

Both the Dutch and Khmer start with a Galley for balance reasons. I've also moved Germany a little bit more to the east to give France some breathing room. Finally, some jungle plots in the Khmer and Dutch starting places have been cleared up so they don't have to wait until Iron Working to build city improvements. I haven't played it yet, but it should be fairly well balanced.

Anyone has permission to edit this map, but it'd be nice if you asked just as a courtesy. :) I'd especially be curious to see different civilization combinations or perhaps some additional civs.

Oh, and for some reason it wouldn't let me upload a WB save file so just add WB before "Save" in the filetype extension and it will work.

*edit* I strengthened the Dutch & Khmer starting places. I tried playing as the Dutch and found them woefully underpowered. Too much jungle. >.<

*edit 2* I have now included a screenshot of the minimap that comes up when you "retire." It only shows starting positions; I was having trouble getting the in-game screenshot to work.

Attachments

• Columbus 18 Player 1.01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    475.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Minimap of Columbus.jpg
    Minimap of Columbus.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,029
hmm.

I can't load it. It appears that you saved it as a game, not a WB scenario, so it doesn't show up in the scenarios list.

Secondly when I attempt to load it as a game, you are using an older version (3.00) instead of 3.03.

looks sweet! What version is it for?:confused: :goodjob: :crazyeye: :clap: :woohoo: :hatsoff: :wow: :banana:

Sorry guys. I'm the President of my university and things have been absolutely crazy with school starting up again. It should be for 3.03, at least that's what I'm running. I'll try to take some screens soon; I won my first game as the Dutch with a spaceship victory (although China was beastly powerful with almost half the world as its vassal) and I haven't played Civ IV since. But yeah, I'll try to hook you guys up and fix whatever errors there are...

*edit* I think China might be overpowered. If I do any more changes, I might raise the Chinese difficulty up to "Prince" for balance purposes. In the mean time, I'm having fun playing as China. ;)

This is great, thatks, I've been looking for a good non-new world map. The full map slows down my computer.

And MrPopov, I dont know how to help you with the fact that its version 3.00, but to get past the "saved as a saved game" part, just go to WorldBuilder in game, save a random map as "Save", and then save this file under that name. Thats what I did and it worked.

Hmm, you should find a way to include Greenland and Iceland, as they were known to Europeans before Colombus, but other then that, it looks like a sick map! Gonna try it out.

Top Bottom