Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

I was excited about this when I looked through the first half-dozen mods included in the "Integrated" section, but then I see Emigration. So this mod pack alters gameplay, not just interface / providing additional options. Is there a solid unaltered gameplay modpack yet?

You can disable the gameplay changes (Emigration and Random Events) in the config.lua file - in fact, I believe they are disabled by default. Instructions for doing so are on page 1.

I was excited about this when I looked through the first half-dozen mods included in the "Integrated" section, but then I see Emigration. So this mod pack alters gameplay, not just interface / providing additional options. Is there a solid unaltered gameplay modpack yet?
Mods that alters gameplay are disabled by default (like Emigration, Random Events). So if you want them you must enable that mods in config.lua :)

I see... I was confused by the text in the first post that reads "All this mods are fully integrated and disabling are impossible." But now I see that I was just too lazy to read the next sentence, "Some of this mods are configurable through 'config.lua' file." :)

So if I want to try all of the interface / etc improvements but have the gameplay unaltered, it looks like I have to :

1) make sure that these three are turned off in config.lua
--- TechDiffusion_Enabled - if true enables Tech Diffusion mod by Afforess
--- EmigrationMod_Enabled - if true enables Emigration mod by killmeplease
--- RandomEventsMod_Enabled - if true enables Random Events mod by Arbogli

2) Move everything from ModularTweaks to Disabled

3) Delete everything from ModMods

Is that it?

I see... I was confused by the text in the first post that reads "All this mods are fully integrated and disabling are impossible." But now I see that I was just too lazy to read the next sentence, "Some of this mods are configurable through 'config.lua' file." :)

So if I want to try all of the interface / etc improvements but have the gameplay unaltered, it looks like I have to :

1) make sure that these three are turned off in config.lua
--- TechDiffusion_Enabled - if true enables Tech Diffusion mod by Afforess
--- EmigrationMod_Enabled - if true enables Emigration mod by killmeplease
--- RandomEventsMod_Enabled - if true enables Random Events mod by Arbogli

2) Move everything from ModularTweaks to Disabled

3) Delete everything from ModMods

Is that it?
Yes thats should be all :) You can simply just delete whole ModularTweaks and ModMods folders

Have you considered including Captain Haddock's Promotion and Experience mods? I add them in with CCMAT for all my games. In fights with the AI the human is always better at

a) organising XP buildings and keeping units alive to obtain high XP units, and
b) using promotions / unit counters / terrain modifiers to fight enemy units with a serious odds advantage.

These mods make point a) slower to achieve, and point b) have less of an effect. Once your armies are organised in vanilla (built from XP buildings, collected some XP and in formation, great general) you will fight most battles with +50% or more chance on your combat odds, and makes it quite easy to steamroll the AI with small losses. With the Promotions mod you can still achieve about half of that in the best circumstances but in general I found you do respect AI armies more and with e.g. 8v8 unit battles, you can expect to take some losses and logistics / repair / reinforcements come in to it as they should. I think these mods are essential for giving the AI a fighting chance and would very much appreciate if you could add it in, at least as an option.

Ok I'll look is there something wrong with annexing.

EDIT: Ok, maybe I know what goes wrong...
Delete from my modpack file: ' Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua '

Gaaah I wish I had read this thread before playing through 100 turns tonight! Ended up automatically annexing 4 cities! I'll fix it now, thanks.

I am experiencing 2 bugs
1) mouse-over text on a tile containing a resource has problems
2) when you capture a city you don't have the option to puppet or raze and you don't get unhappiness

In the attached save I noticed that the Ottoman workers kept healing each turn (all the ones adjacent to the Castle SE of the Japanese capital. For some reason they appear to be healing two (2) HP each turn even though the castle should only deal one (1) dmg per the notes.

The other side effect to this is that it seems the workers won't actually do anything (hence the unimproved wheat and other tiles) since they want to heal first.

I have a couple of other mods in place - mostly demo/info ones - so let me know if you need screens or something else to look into this.

I never noticed my own units taking damage from my Castle however...

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0421 AD-1822.Civ5Save
    974.6 KB · Views: 137
I am experiencing 2 bugs
2) when you capture a city you don't have the option to puppet or raze and you don't get unhappiness

I get this too with 11, there's no way to puppet a city it seems.

Another thing (and I'm not sure if this is a bug or I just can't find where to enable it); I can no longer see the unit promotions above the unit.

tradition doesn't give the +1 food bonus

Working as designed. Personally I'd probably do both the +1 food AND the 33% growth rate increase though that would be a pretty powerful policy in the early going. I guess with the percent bonus if you can work an early food plus tile (3+) you effectively get the +1 food anyway - thing is you cannot work an extra food negative (-1) tile early one without making the policy useless.

I am experiencing 2 bugs
1) mouse-over text on a tile containing a resource has problems

Same problem here, When I recaptured a city state it didn't let me liberate it

@lietkynes, Lorteungen, matt94:
The fix for the annexing bug was postd by jooyo here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9891147&postcount=334
It's not yet fixed in the latest CCMAT build...

@Lorteungen:
Showing promotions above units was disabled by default as of version 11. To get it back, I believe you'd have to edit Assets\UI\InGame\UnitFlagManager.lua and change the bDisplayFlagPromotions = false to true. It doesn't look the config.lua supports changing this flag.

First, thanks for such an excellent mod collection! So far, I'm just having one problem. I've added "Units - No Maintenance" to the ModularTweaks folder, but my units still have maintenance costs. The "Buildings - No Maintenace" file is working just fine though. I don't have the "Units - Flat Maintenance" file in the folder since I assumed it would conflict with the no maintenance one. Any idea why the units no maintenance mod wouldn't be working?

After downloading and installing, I can't see CCMAT there to tick on it.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have any suggestions as to how to 'reset' everything? I have tried to even selectively remove the mods manually and reinstall, but no go.

Can anyone help?

First, thanks for such an excellent mod collection! So far, I'm just having one problem. I've added "Units - No Maintenance" to the ModularTweaks folder, but my units still have maintenance costs. The "Buildings - No Maintenace" file is working just fine though. I don't have the "Units - Flat Maintenance" file in the folder since I assumed it would conflict with the no maintenance one. Any idea why the units no maintenance mod wouldn't be working?

Moving the file around won't achieve anything. The disabled files with an sql or xml extension (like Units - No Maintenance.sql) must be specifically executed when the mod loads. You need to edit the .modinfo file in the root directory (with any text editor) and add a new line near the bottom with the others:
<UpdateDatabase>ModularTweaks/Disabled/Buildings - No Maintenance.sql</UpdateDatabase>

Change the path in that accordingly if you move it, but you don't need to move it anywhere.

After downloading and installing, I can't see CCMAT there to tick on it.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have any suggestions as to how to 'reset' everything? I have tried to even selectively remove the mods manually and reinstall, but no go.

Can anyone help?

It's probably not extracting correctly. Go to your mods directory and right click on the CCMAT directory, click Properties. Version 11 should have 368 files & 77 folders. Sometimes it just leaves a numeric-numbered file in your mods directory and fails to extract it. You can extract manually with any free zip-type archiving program, I think it's .7z format. Or delete it and try another download/install cycle.

@Lorteungen:
Showing promotions above units was disabled by default as of version 11. To get it back, I believe you'd have to edit Assets\UI\InGame\UnitFlagManager.lua and change the bDisplayFlagPromotions = false to true. It doesn't look the config.lua supports changing this flag.

I see, thanks. I'm surprised this feature was removed, I really liked it.

Top Bottom