1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

combining trade units?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by muhtesem insan, May 20, 2016.

1. toft

toft King

-----

2. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I'm guessing they auto-upgrade when you reach certain techs, that would make sense. Engineers can build some additional roads later if you need need them in specific places, but it seems like your primary road system will exist because of trade routes.

3. ftl

ftl Warlord

The road mechanics are going to be very different, so it's hard to speculate.

Do we even know that builders are going to be the units that build roads later? (Early the roads auto-appear with trade)

4. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

i think trade routes should be established between civs not particular cities, and they should be permanent but with an option to reassign.

5. Luis_Ah_Hoy

Luis_Ah_Hoy Chieftain

In practice, trade routes are established between Civs, but they're made effective with a physical trade route between cities. Which I think is the right way to do it.

As for permanent trade routes, the problem with those is that you often get too involved in other managerial and strategic activities. So there's a risk of the player not being able to remember to reassign them in good time, if the option doesn't pop-out from time to time.

6. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

yes i mean if theres a route between 2 cities available, you can begin trading with another civ, with bonuses are calculated considering the whole partners' economies.

there could be a notification when a better option becomes available

7. Luis_Ah_Hoy

Luis_Ah_Hoy Chieftain

This. The Economic Advisor should be put to work for once.

8. King Rad

King Rad Warlord

I don't have the article at my fingertips, but it was stated that later in the game Engineers will build roads as directed by the player. other than that, no information was given.

9. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

The ability to have a military unit order to patrol the road itself - as borders permit - would be useful for more than just trade units.

10. Fromage10x

Fromage10x Chieftain

The trade routes in ciV are mostly fine, I just wish they were clearer on how much they added, how often and that they could be set on auto repeat and interrupted at will.

I will say having some ability to invest extra in your trade route to give them some protection would be a good thing, though. Either with devoting an actual unit or just paying an extra fee to upgrade the caravan itself somehow.

11. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

In the E3 video, the trade route appears to have a combat strength of 6, which is weaker than a scout, but at least not completely defenseless. I can imagine that there may be technologies or civics that increase this value.

12. Fromage10x

Fromage10x Chieftain

That's cool, missed that. Still hoping I don't have to resend it every so many turns.

13. Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz Prince

I like the trade routes in Civ V. Its not perfect but its way better than anything before it. I dislike the way you lose them the minute you declare war etc though. Hopefully they have found a better way to implement them? And perhaps things associated with them like rumours as someone else mentioned.

14. Luis_Ah_Hoy

Luis_Ah_Hoy Chieftain

Like I said before, I also like the Trade Route system in Civ V and I don't agree that it should be changed in its essence.

Although it could use some additions posted here to become even better.
    Toft posted some good suggestions, for instance.

15. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

TRs in CivV are OK, so check the trade overlay regularly to SEE when a TR "ages out", and needs redeployment .

I try to move TRs away from a war-zone, to assign them ELSEWHERE; so MY cash-flow is uninterrupted, and Bozo's economy goes broke !, however, Bozo may DW YOU, which is what an ENEMY does .

TRs are weapons of MASS ECONOMICS !!; use wisely .