[Community Effort] French, Italian, German and Spanish translation

Are dialects such a concern in the internationalization of other languages than French? For me, I think it's quite easy to write international French while avoiding the regionalisms of both Quebec and France (at least for something with neutral tone like a game interface).

I didn't mean it was going to be hard, just something to be aware of, especially if we assemble international teams from various parts of the world.

Hello Leoreth, hello everybody.
I am a native Italian speaker and i would like to contribute to the translation of the mod in Italian.
I don’t have any knowledge in programming or Git stuff but if you send me lines in English i can easily translate them in Italian :)

Great!

Okay, see I'm moving so slow that all problems resolve themselves on their own.

I'd like to properly kick things off some time next week, but if you want to start already you can find texts at Assets/XML/Texts.

I'm not native, so idioms (and hence quotations) might be a struggle (think Archer on Pirate Island), but other than that I'm sure I could contribute to the Spanish translation if the number of contributors was lacking.

I'm an italian speaker too, i already translated (just for my own use , actually) RFCEurope some years ago, i could contribute also here, does it work in the same way? (i mean, with the xml files, etc.)

Yes, it's exactly the same principle.

Okay. I'll learn git and then start translating some stuff in my free time

Great. Maybe there will even be someone who can take care of the Git part for you.

Great. Maybe there will even be someone who can take care of the Git part for you.
I think i can do it by myself actually, mechanics behind it doesn't seem that complicated. I installed the desktop version and downloaded DoC, now i have to perform the changes and then pull the stuff on the website, right?

Top Bottom