Community Patch - How To Install

The fact that people are still going for the offending link is surprising. Maybe @Lynnes or a mod should edit it out. I'm pretty sure there's a Mega link to the older modpacks he made anyways.

Hey fanatics,

Apologies if this has been addressed before. I've tried my best searching through the thread, but this site's search tool could be better and with 120 pages I can't go through it myself. This is not an in-game bug, so I don't know if Github is the best place for it.

The closest I found was when Gazebo posted this a while back:
If you used the auto-installer, you need to double-check that EUI (bc_1 folder) ended up here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

If this is not where Civ is installed on your PC, find that same folder on your install drive and move bc_1 there.

I'm trying to run the auto installer (2-27-1) right now, and I keep getting stopped with an "Error 5: Access is denied" when the installer is trying to create files in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Art". As you can see the path is correct...

I've tried deleting everything in the MODS folder. I've double-checked I'm right-clicking on the installer to "Run as Administrator".

I did not have this problem earlier when I installed Vox Populi (2-15); however, I tried installing (2-15) again after deleting and ran into the same wall.

I tried manually deleting the UI_bc1 folder using the file explorer. Funny thing is, I was always stopped, informed I needed admin rights, but no dark-screen prompt ever came. (The prompt did appear, however, when I ran the auto installer). So I'm worried this is a PC problem in general. I tried a restart.

I'm going try a different install method.

Is the your Steam and Civilization V folders and files set to Administrator? It sounds like they are not. Or they are not set where a non-administrator can access or edit them.

Is the your Steam and Civilization V folders and files set to Administrator? It sounds like they are not. Or they are not set where a non-administrator can access or edit them.

I haven't changed them. The MODS folder is still in my Username\Documents\My Games\ etc , which is accessible by non-administrator, whereas the Steam folders are in C:\Program Files , which requires admin rights. I'm no expert, but I've played with mods before and I've always been using "Run as Administrator" and they've worked fine. (At least with Civ4)

There was some other funny stuff I noticed, when moving files. Delayed responses. I'm going to give this computer a rest. I hope it's not something wrong with my OS.

I did manage to manually install it without EUI, and it runs fine. I also tried following the manual instructions, with EUI (which btw don't mention this bc_1 folder at all), and, true to what Gazebo said, I found the UI doesn't work without that folder (or at least the updated folder — I'm still stuck with the old one that won't delete). I would still love to find a solution for EUI, though, if anyone can help. Thanks!

Minor edit

You say, you cannot even delete the EUI folder, correct? That surely means that you either do not have sufficient system rights or something went wrong on your hard drive. I'd:

1) Switch your user account to administrator (just for a while) and try to delete the UC_bc1 folder. If it works, then you can reinstall VP with EUI.

2) If the above did not work, then I would run some hard disk diagnostic tool, such as CheckDisk

How can I see the origin and destination city of an other player's trade route? When I hover over it it shows the path, but it is most of the time long enough that I can't see the origin/destination city.

The fact that people are still going for the offending link is surprising. Maybe @Lynnes or a mod should edit it out. I'm pretty sure there's a Mega link to the older modpacks he made anyways.

Sorry, these download links were from ages ago, and back then this hoster was malware-free. :(
I've edited the thread and removed these links.

Thx Lynnes. Hope someone finds a stable and working MP modpack ...
You could just use the last official one in the repository Vyyt linked. That was back in 12/14 though, so you might try some of the user made ones scattered around.
Alternatively, you can try to make your own by following the simple instructions here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/
Pretty easy, though the stability across VP versions will be for you to find out.

@vyyt: Thx for the link.
Regarding the install instructions:
Download & unpack.
Copy the included folder 'MP_MODSPACK' to
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

There is no such folder in the unrared file.The folder in unrared file is named VoxPopuli_14_12.
When copying this to the location told in instructions, no multiplayer shows up when starting a new game.
Forgot about this, sorry. Right, the name is correct, so don't worry about that. Multiplayer not being an option is weird. Is multiplayer just...not on the main menu? All you have to do is start a regular multiplayer game.
Anyways, if you've done the regular VP EUI installation, remove UI_bc1 from assets/dlc (NOT the folder inside the modpack. You just don't want duplicates). I forgot to get rid of it sometimes, but I've never had such a problem, so I can't help beyond this.

Why is it not mentioned anywhere that a Train Station cannot be built in a coastal city? Or is it a bug? My capital doesn't have a seaport, but I can't construct a Train Station, what's wrong?

@Ashe: I have done VP installation without EUI, I dont like the EUI.
MP works, following your instruction, I thought MP has to show up when clicking Mods --> Accept.
So how can I play the VP MP without EUI ?

@Ashe: I have done VP installation without EUI, I dont like the EUI.
MP works, following your instruction, I thought MP has to show up when clicking Mods --> Accept.
So how can I play the VP MP without EUI ?
Again, just follow the instructions on the link above to make your own modpack. I made an up-to-date no EUI version and linked it on the repository anyways. Haven't tested that one, but it's working fine for me and a friend with EUI.

Last edited:
Why is it not mentioned anywhere that a Train Station cannot be built in a coastal city? Or is it a bug? My capital doesn't have a seaport, but I can't construct a Train Station, what's wrong?
Is the train station grayed out in the city's production menu?

I couldn't help but notice in many people's screen shots that their EUI looks slightly different. Most noticeable is what i believe to be unit supply listed towards the top left. I've been using the most up to date Vox mod. How are they getting a different interface. Am i not properly updated somehow?

Top Bottom