1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Vox Populi: A Community Patch Project

Newest Version:
    August 8th (2.8.7)

Introduction:
    Started in 2014, Vox Populi is a collaborative effort to improve Civilization V's AI and gameplay. Vox Populi is a collection of mods (see below) that are designed to work together seamlessly. The core of the project, the Community Patch, is a DLL-based mod that can be used independently of all other mods in the Project in order to improve your Civilization V experience. It does not modify any of the core game's content (such as leaders or buildings), but improves AI performance and addresses a number of bugs that remained after the final Civilization V patch. The Community Balance Overhaul (and all other elements of the Project), however, expands and changes the core mechanics of the game, offering an entirely new Civilization V experience that feels and plays like an evolution of the series.
    Requirements:
    • Civilization V (.279 version)
    • Gods and Kings Expansion
    • Brave New World Expansion
    • All Leader DLC
    • Ancient Wonders DLC
    • Windows 7-10

Vox Populi Information:

• Community Patch:
    The single largest AI, Bugfix and API DLL for Civilization V. Is the base DLL for most Civ 5 mods that require a DLL. Contains bugfixes, AI improvements, and API enhancements for modders. No balance changes, and minimal gameplay changes are included. New DLL tables, functions and LUA events are included, however they are not used by the mod. Created by the Community Patch Project Team.​

• Community Balance Overhaul:
    This mod completely overhauls the game by rebalancing policies, leaders, buildings, wonders, and more! Includes new systems, such as Monopolies and Corporations, and entirely new game concepts! Created by the Community Patch Project Team.​

• City-State Diplomacy Mod, by Gazebo:
    Adds new ways to interact with City-States: Diplomatic Units, United Nations, Diplomatic Victory, City-State Quests, AI Difficulty and more. Created by Gazebo. You can find more information here.​

• Civ 4 Diplomacy Features, by Putmalk:
    Adds Vassal States, Map and Tech trading, and more. Created by Putmalk. You can find more information here. Recently updated by Putmalk - see downloads folder below for the (1a) standalone copy of C4DF (to be used alongside the CP).
    • More Luxuries, by Barathor:
    Barathor's More Luxury Mod enhances gameplay, and is part of the CBP experience. Includes additional luxuries, with custom graphics and artwork, that expand the diversity of available resources in the game.​

• CBO - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version):
    This mod makes the CBP and all mods listed after it (above) compatible. Use this version if you have installed the CBP version of EUI.​

• CBO - Compatibility Mod (No-EUI Version):
    This mod makes the CBP and all mods listed after it (above) compatible. Use this version if you are not using the CBP version of EUI.​

• Enhanced User Interface:
    Enhanced User Interface offers a complete rework of Civ 5's user interface. This mod is not required by the Community Patch Project, but most Project users prefer it. It is included with the Automatic Installer, but will have to be installed manually if you wish to use it with just the Community Patch. Please note that your decision to use (or not use) EUI changes what Project files you should install, and may include additional steps (such as the deletion of lua files). To download EUI, please click here: Latest EUI Version

------------------------------------------------------------

Automatic Installer (Recommended):
    This download includes all files, and will properly set up your installation by clearing your cache, deleting old files, and intelligently selecting installation locations. You will be asked to choose your preferred installation during the installation process, so please make sure to read all instructions!

Vox Populi Automatic Installer (Download Link)

Note: if using standard EUI with just the Community Patch (the 'Core' Installation), there's one additional step. Delete the LUA folder from the Community Patch. You will lose some interface changes from the Community Patch, but EUI will work normally.

Manual Installation:
    If you want to manually download and install your files, see the link below.

Vox Populi - Downloads Folder

Beta Installation:
    If you want to test the latest beta, see the link below.

Vox Populi - Beta Downloads Folder

Alternate Download Location
    Use this link if the links above are not working.

Vox Populi - Alternate Downloads Folder

Old Version(s) Location
    Use this link if the new version is not working for you. If empty, it is because older versions are no longer supported by the mod team.

Vox Populi - Old Versions Folder

------------------------------------------------------------

Manual Installation Instructions - Please Follow Closely!

Manual Installation Checlist

Spoiler :

Do you have everything you need? Check this list to see.

Required:
    • Community Patch
    Optional, but requires Community Patch:
    • Community Balance Overhaul
    Optional, but require Community Balance Overhaul and must be used together:
    • CSD
    • C4DF
    • More Luxuries

If using CBO, CSD, C4DF, and More Luxuries, but not EUI:
    • CBO-Compatibility (No-EUI)
    If using CBO, CSD, C4DF, More Luxuries, and EUI:
    • CBO-Compatibility (EUI Version)

Installation Steps:

• Download all desired mods, placing them in your MODS folder.
      • If using the CBO, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder.
      • If using a CBO Compatibility Mod, choose one or the other, but not both, based on your use of EUI.
      • If using one of the CBO Compatibility Mods, delete the LUA folder in the Community Balance Overhaul and Community Patch mod folders.
      • Make sure to delete all files in your cache (Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache) before starting a new game.

Recommended and Compatible Mods
    Spoiler :
    The following list of mods/tweaks should work with Vox Populi. If you want to use them, you'll need to download them using the links below. This list is subject to change as necessary.
    If you have additional mods you believe belong in this list, let me know!

Troubleshooting
    Vox Populi is compatible with most mods, except those that modify the .dll.If you are using a mod that contains a .dll, it will cause problems!

Report a bug or ask for help! Our bug reports thread is the best place for you to post questions or concerns about your mod installation. Please note that bug reports not submitted on this page, or the project's Github page, will likely be ignored!

Frequently asked questions:
    • My Interface is messed up when I use Community Balance Overhaul and the Community Patch!
      Are you using EUI? If so, did you follow the instructions in the EUI Compatibility files above? If not using EUI, clear your cache (delete all files in the Documents\My Games\Civilization 5\cache folder).
    • My Game crashes when I try to play a game with "Yet (not) another Earth Map Pack!
      YnAEMP is working with the Vox Populi, but you have to pay attention to the setup before you launch a game!
      Follow this guide to set up your game!
    • I can not see any changes in the Tech-, or the Policy-Tree, or the trees provide different information from what they really do!
      Do you play the Game in a different language than English? If yes, follow this guide!

Happy gaming!

Gazebo

Attached Files:

• cp.bmp
      File size:
      319.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    ofmiciv5 likes this.
  2. White Out

White Out Chieftain

wait, you recommend people to use the smart ai mod? doesnt the community patch use some of that stuff as a base?

3. Gazebo

It enables the stuff whoward integrated (salvaged). We kept it modular like that.
    G

4. White Out

White Out Chieftain

jesus. glad i read that lol

5. darko82

darko82 Chieftain

Does this include all the features from "Smart AI" or just parts of it?

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

All the bits that actually work (or could be merged without causing me a migraine) - see the comments in the CustomModOptions.xml file around the AI_SMART option for what's actually included

7. Pacalon

Pacalon Chieftain

Having an issue with EUI compatibility, I beleive. Everything works fine with toppanel after removing it, but I'm having an issue with mouseovers on my cities showing limited info (which isn't a big deal), but the killer is City-States are bugged info wise. If I hover over their banner in game it shows whatever city I last hovered overs' info instead, and it's the same if I try to hover over them on the right panel EUI adds.

What file needs to be deleted to fix this? Thanks!

8. Gazebo

It isn't a matter of deleting, but rather editing. You'll need to make EUI's citystatestatushelper.lua include the CP's changes. Search for 'Community' in that file (in the LUA folder) and add those changes to EUI's lua of the same name. Either that or convince bc1 to embed our changes in his lua. :)

G

9. aht820

aht820 Chieftain

What file did you need to delete to get the top panel to work. I can get everything else to work except for that.
    Thanks

10. Pacalon

Pacalon Chieftain

Found a workaround. Deleted citystatestatushelper.lua from the Community Patch directory, and let it instead use the one that loads with CSD v24. Everything working fine and nicely with EUI now. Dunno what I'm missing out on, but it looks fine and works and that's good enough for me!

11. Gazebo

Nice workaround – I'll look into why that works (I should know, as I did both lua changes, but I've since forgotten!).

In the LUA folder of the Balance Patch, delete TopPanel.lua. You'll lose the happiness summary, but you can also get that in the Economic Overview popup.
    G

12. Thomazo

Thomazo Chieftain

Wait, do I have to get the "recommended mods" separately or are those features already in the patch? So if I want the samrt AI features, does it work with the patch? I want smart AI and enhanced UI aswell as the patch, but I don't know if I have to install all three or if the other two are already included in the patch

I'm confused

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Gazebo

You'll need to install any/all recommended mods. Separately. The recommended mods are confirmed to work with CP – the list will grow with time.
    G

14. Pacalon

Pacalon Chieftain

I noticed you didn't include the mod compatibility folder with the base patch. Do we still need that for CSD and DiploFeatures to work with the mod? If so, are we better off grabbing it from the balance patch and adding it in, or using whowards 2 mod files?

15. Thomazo

Thomazo Chieftain

Does this work with the communitas stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Chieftain

No.

As this will eventually have 99% of CEP's changes, there is no need to load it.
    The Community Balance Project is in fact the 'spiritual' successor to Communitas.

17. Thomazo

Thomazo Chieftain

where exactly is the MODS directory? I can't seem to find it

18. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

It's usually in your Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 5. The full directory path is usually "C:\<your username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS"

EDIT: Proper path is "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" as mentioned by whoward69 below, originally left out "Users" - oops.

19. Thomazo

Thomazo Chieftain

is it teh same as Modding? as i didn't find a mods directory but i found a modding directory from Assets\UI\FrontEnd

20. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No.

The path on Windows-7 is

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS