1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Rado

Rado Chieftain

hi, i'm confused, there are two files in the mega folder. i'm not sure which is the proper one? i have the 7-17-3 installed, but there's also 7-29-1 which seems newer, but i don't know what's the difference? where's the changelog? should i download and install the newer file? i don't really understand how the version numbering works, there's a date mentioned as the "newest version" and that would correspond to 7-17. so 3 would be the 3rd version from that day? but there's also 4.7.17 next to the date. which would be 7-17-4? and 7-29 should be newer, but it's not listed as the newest release in the first post (and that would be 1.29.7?)...
    so... should i download the newer file? or should i just play the one i have installed and wait for the version currently in beta?

2. SLGray

SLGray King

The others could be beta versions.

3. BlueCulture

BlueCulture Chieftain

(7-27) is the date and (-4) is the hotfix. If you really want to play the newest version, come over to the beta thread instead. This is where we test things, provide feedback and also where Vox Populi gets it's name from. :c5happy:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Rado, dilophosaur and vyyt like this.
  4. Drakul

Drakul Warlord

Hi G! Could you please update the manual instaler to display the most current version of VP ? I have a problem with the EUI VP instaler.Can't get it to work where the non EUI version works.I tried everything from deinstalling the game,mods,VP but nothing works.

5. Rado

Rado Chieftain

thanks, but i still don't know what's the difference (feature wise) between 7-17 and 7-29 which is obviously newer, isn't listed as the latest version and also isn't a beta version :) i read the beta thread to see what's going on but since i play on chieftain or warlord (so the game is easy anyway and my feedback wouldn't apply to games played on harder levels) and just a game or two every few months i just want to play the latest version deemed worthy of a final release ;) just finished two occ games and i think ive had my share for a few months :D

6. 4CV

4CV Warlord

I think 7-29 was beta-version https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-beta-version-july-29th-7-29.648169/ But I recommend a try on the newest 9-15-4 version. Atm I play warlord Denmark there, and it is fun :ar15:

vyyt and Rado like this.
  7. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

I think 7-29-1 is actually the better balanced version compared to 7-17, as long as you don't abuse the mass settling strategy and the skirmisher line. If you want harder settling and happiness in general, and lots of combat changes, try the latest version.

Rado likes this.
  8. Rado

Rado Chieftain

thank you! if i play before current beta goes final i'll use this version, then.

9. Ellye

Ellye Warlord

I'm having trouble figuring out what is the current version.

The top of this forum Thread says:
    The Mega link for automatic install offers the following options:
    • 7-13-3
    • 7-29-1
    The Google Drive alternate download link offers this option:
    • 8-7-4
    I'm kinda completely lost by this versioning.

The Google Drive one has the largest number, but it's only on the "alternate download link". Is it the newest?

10. Rado

Rado Chieftain

yes, it's confusing, i had the same problem a few days ago. on the mega the file is actually 7-17-3. i guess the format is: month-day-hotfix number (so if the first version is 1, hotfix 3 is the version 4, so this is the version 4.7.17). 8-7-4 is either a newer beta or an old version from a previous year ;) the format is absurd, if you ask me, if it's by date, then it should also have a year in it, reversing the order of day and month between the version stated on the first page and the name of the file and all the rest doesn't help.

11. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Warlord

I only use the CP but my game turns gets slow and laggy. some one here said this mod should make the turns faster but my game is getting slower turns. any one with an answer for help? :)

12. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Mod conflict? What mods except for CP do you use?

13. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Warlord

Well, this mod list do i use if you can tell anything from that. i just played a long game into modern era with these mods, and without the CP and the turn time was fine. So i just added CP and it got slow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  14. Rado

Rado Chieftain

not sure if it's got to do with your problem specifically, but changing to quick movement and combat makes turns go faster. it seems ai is just moving all these units with their standard speed "behind the scenes", and it's one of the main factors making the turns last longer as the game progresses and there are more units.

15. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Warlord

Well it's not that. I have tried many different things to make the game faster. It's slower from turn one when i use the CP.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019