Community Patch - How To Install

Hi - don't know what I'm doing wrong here... installed and played previous incarnations of VP (love it!) on other machines, but for some reason every time I install 2.1 April 2022 I only get (1)-(4b) files... no 5+ files when I select Vox Populi (with EUI) install option. Files are installing to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS on Win10. My Steam Directory is a custom path, but from what I've read, that shouldn't be an issue.

I have:
1. Unsubscribed from all Steam Civ 5 mods
2. Deleted my MODS folder repeatedly and tried to reinstall
3. Started in offline mode, deleted MODS folder, then reinstalled VP
4. Tried downloading Vox Populi (2.1).exe again, reinstalling.

Every time I always get the same result.

According to the installer, Vox Populi (2.1).exe should have...
⦁ (5) More Luxuries
⦁ (6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)
⦁ (6b) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)
⦁ (6c) Community Patch - 43 Civs Edition
⦁ EUI 1.28h

Help?

Hi - don't know what I'm doing wrong here... installed and played previous incarnations of VP (love it!) on other machines, but for some reason every time I install 2.1 April 2022 I only get (1)-(4b) files... no 5+ files when I select Vox Populi (with EUI) install option. Files are installing to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS on Win10. My Steam Directory is a custom path, but from what I've read, that shouldn't be an issue.

I have:
1. Unsubscribed from all Steam Civ 5 mods
2. Deleted my MODS folder repeatedly and tried to reinstall
3. Started in offline mode, deleted MODS folder, then reinstalled VP
4. Tried downloading Vox Populi (2.1).exe again, reinstalling.

Every time I always get the same result.

According to the installer, Vox Populi (2.1).exe should have...
⦁ (5) More Luxuries
⦁ (6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)
⦁ (6b) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)
⦁ (6c) Community Patch - 43 Civs Edition
⦁ EUI 1.28h

Help?

They don't exist anymore. We merged (3) through (5) into (2) and simplified the other files.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-version-2-0-3-april-1-2022.676113/

If i try and make my own mod pack, since no one else is bothering to. MP VP is dead clearly to most players. The mplayer mods work around breaks the game. Causes runtime errors displayed as Corporations and monopolies to pop upon entering into the game turn 0. Close button doesnt work either.
Sigh

Hello there, for some reason when I run the VP 2.1.1 automatic installer, despite running it with a completely clean install of Civilization 5 (from Steam) in the default folders, the installer fails to install EUI (I checked the Assets/DLC folder and UI_bc1 is not there. And when I go to the EUI download page, when I click the legacy link to the EUI 1.28g page it only gives me a link to 1.29i, which I believe is incompatible with VP 2.1.1 (which I have been informed needs 1.28g)

So rather than report this as a direct bug, if someone can point me to a link so I can download the correct version of EUI for VP 2.1.1 I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

Hello there, for some reason when I run the VP 2.1.1 automatic installer, despite running it with a completely clean install of Civilization 5 (from Steam) in the default folders, the installer fails to install EUI (I checked the Assets/DLC folder and UI_bc1 is not there. And when I go to the EUI download page, when I click the legacy link to the EUI 1.28g page it only gives me a link to 1.29i, which I believe is incompatible with VP 2.1.1 (which I have been informed needs 1.28g)

So rather than report this as a direct bug, if someone can point me to a link so I can download the correct version of EUI for VP 2.1.1 I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

See your Github issue.

I have issues with my EUI. When i click to trade with AI, the screen displays all available luxury/resourses and a treaty agreament showing. I have installed the VP with EUI and deleted LUA files in the Community Patch. Any solutions

I am setting up VP 2.2 on a new install of civ 5 on a new machine. When I install VP in any flavor that includes the EUI a number of strange UI symptoms occur: This happens with no mods enabled at all.
1. In options I cannot click on the Accept button. It does nothing. Clicking on Cancel makes the dialog go away and it seems to save the settings anyway. For a while at least.
2. More importantly, though, the box on the lower left to interact with the currently selected unit is absent.
3. Units, even if selected, do not show the slowly rotating yellow circle that indicates that they are selected.
4. I do not appear to be able to select units using the mouse.
There are some other missing pieces, but they may be merely consequences of the above.

Using the keyboard shortcuts, I can cycle through units and use the shortcuts or mouse to make them do things.

When I install VP in any of the configurations that does not include EUI, the above problems do not occur. However, then I don't have the EUI and I am a total addict and can no longer play enjoyably without it.

Was there not a link to a bunch of old versions on MEGA listed on this thread? Does anyone know where they can be found?

Was there not a link to a bunch of old versions on MEGA listed on this thread? Does anyone know where they can be found?

Yes, this. Anyone has links to latest verion that worked with decisions, probably before the big merge.

Hey there!
So I've been wanting to try out the mod for the AI improvements after reading a LOT of positive feedback on it, but it seemed to break one of my mods (Buildings x 2) which only adds the following line:

<GameData>
<Defines>
<Update>
<Where Name="CITY_MAX_NUM_BUILDINGS"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
</Defines>
</GameData>

I've tried creating a load order using dependencies (both ways didn't work)
And I've tried changing it directly in \Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml which works fine when the community patch is turned off (I only use the community patch)
Any ideas what I could do and/or where it does seem to change anything in the GlobalDefines/GameData file? I've been going through the mod files a bit but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.. :lol:

Any help would be much appreciated!​

Hello! Where can I find older versions of the Mod pack to download? I've been playing CBP for a few years now and really want to play some earlier versions I used to love. You guys do an awesome Job!

Hello! Where can I find older versions of the Mod pack to download? I've been playing CBP for a few years now and really want to play some earlier versions I used to love. You guys do an awesome Job!

Legacy versions are no longer available. Some old threads might have working modpacks.

thanks for making great mod! i'm playing vp (43 civ) with ynaemp and ethnic diversity, and this combination makes civ soooo good
sadly, there's like 2% of lack with this combinaiton. the compatibility with ui - diplomacy log / quiet diplomacy mod that makes meaningless ai message get away
or, seeing all the message when the turn started, not during the ai's turn - like multiplayer, that would be fascinating! can you please try adding one of these feature?

Wait, are you saying events and decisions don't work after the big merge?
Correct. Several other mods no longer work as well unless you tweak some files.
I think there's a thread with someone working on addressing these issues, but I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.
I'll just wait for the next update, and then see what happens, lol.

Hi, I installed new newest patch, but i have receive alot of pugs. ( Used the Vox populi installer ). Currently when i start new game the loading screen look like this

1660740706960.png

Top Bottom