Community Patch - How To Install

What is the recommended difficulty level for this mod? (as far I understand there is a better AI in this mod).
What are the main changes of this mod?

UI got bug - unable to load texture

"Unable to load textures [DC45_DiplomacyOverview.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_AdvisorCounsel.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_Greatworks.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_Culture.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_EspionageOverview.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_TopPanelGoldenAge.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_MenuButton.dds]"

"Unable to load textures [DC45_HelpButton.dds]"

How do I resolve this?
I seems that automatic installer copies files to the wrong folder.

Those files seem to be from EUI, which goes into your installation folder, I guess the installer didn't get the right path for it. If you can find where the installer put UI_bc1 folder, you can move it to "steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\" . If not, you can get UI_bc1 from github.

Hey, why am i getting these graphical issues?

In the screenshot, look at the tech upper left corner. There should be the tech icon. Its ... bugged.

I keep getting these glitches all the time. I start the game, play a few turns and then things start breaking. This time its the icon for the tech being researched, the last time was city states icons ... the time before that was units ... its random but it always happens within 30-40 turns.

I dont understand why this is the case. I play the game on 2 pcs, one at work and one at home. At work, i never had any issues. I have over 600 turns in a game on my workstation, not a single issue.
At home i play with the same mods, same game version, same everything but i keep getting these issues.

The only difference between work and home is the graphical settings, dx version and resolution. At work i play at 1080p, dx9, med to high settings
At home i play at 2k, dx10/11, all high settings.

Anyone got any idea? I keep deleting the cache but it doesnt help
I will try to play on dx9, maybe thats the cause.

Mods:
All mods included with vox populi
infinite barbarian xp
faster aircraft animations
red modpack
really advanced setup

I used to have IGE also but i removed it since i thought that was the issue .... its obviously not since the issues keep happening even without the mod

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
I think its a direct x 10/11 issue.

That being said, dx9 version of the game wont even work. Once i load into a game all i get is a black screen (with the ingame hud) and icons that when i move the map trail around ... its weird.

I guess im stuck playing like this. Play for 10-20 turns until the graphical glitch happens then save the game and load it and play a few more turns until it happens yet again. ...

In the screenshot, look at the tech upper left corner. There should be the tech icon. Its ... bugged.

I keep getting these glitches all the time. I start the game, play a few turns and then things start breaking. This time its the icon for the tech being researched, the last time was city states icons ... the time before that was units ... its random but it always happens within 30-40 turns.

I dont understand why this is the case. I play the game on 2 pcs, one at work and one at home. At work, i never had any issues. I have over 600 turns in a game on my workstation, not a single issue.
At home i play with the same mods, same game version, same everything but i keep getting these issues.

The only difference between work and home is the graphical settings, dx version and resolution. At work i play at 1080p, dx9, med to high settings

Mods:
infinite barbarian xp
red modpack
really advanced setup

I used to have IGE also but i removed it since i thought that was the issue .... its obviously not since the issues keep happening even without the mod

I also am having this issue, and I also use all the Vox Populi mods. And the only other mod outside of Vox Pop that we both have is Red Modpack.

See this Steam thread. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/76153116/616187839216968252/
The last comment says unchecking the "GPU Texture Decode" option in graphics settings.

Last edited:
Hey guys, i hope this is the right thread to post this, but i'm having an issue when trying to install the latest version of Vox Populi - the installer gets stuck at *.mp3 files while trying to instalol them. Neither skipping the file nor ignoring the issue solves it. Never had any problems like that when trying to install older versions. Any ideas?

Mods:
infinite barbarian xp
red modpack
really advanced setup

You will get there glitches if you use mods with lots of graphic assets, such as RED or Ethnic Units. Some HW is more prone to these than others, but it is a question of "when" than rather than "if" with these.

Hey guys, i hope this is the right thread to post this, but i'm having an issue when trying to install the latest version of Vox Populi - the installer gets stuck at *.mp3 files while trying to instalol them. Neither skipping the file nor ignoring the issue solves it. Never had any problems like that when trying to install older versions. Any ideas?
I have the same. Just delete the old mp3 files and try again, its gonna install all needed mp3 files for that version of VP anyway.

Does anyone know if the AI receives the "events and decisions" that the player does, or does only the player receive them?

Does anyone know if the AI receives the "events and decisions" that the player does, or does only the player receive them?

AI players receive them and make choices too.

ATTENTION, PLEASE! IT"S A MADNESS! HOW can you play in VP in late game? I like this mod and spent days for it, but now I see the following: Turn 388, atomic era, using standard map settings, some compatible small mods that don't affect on gameplay. 10 players on a map, and I see that Korea and Greece have negative gold rate (-100/ - 200 gold per turn for last 10-20 game turns). BUT their treasury (sum of gold) is increasing every turn for a couple of thousands of gold or even more. How is it possible? And due to that they have now 80 000+ gold overall and it is awful and ruins all pleasure from the game. Before atomic era I didn't see such problem

From the original post, there is a link to EUI included. That link no longer is valid, can someone change it there?

Enhanced User Interface:
Enhanced User Interface offers a complete rework of Civ 5's user interface. This mod is not required by the Community Patch Project, but most Project users prefer it. It is included with the Automatic Installer, but will have to be installed manually if you wish to use it with just the Community Patch. Please note that your decision to use (or not use) EUI changes what Project files you should install, and may include additional steps (such as the deletion of lua files). To download EUI, please click here: Latest EUI Version

Hmmm..for some strange reason vox populi wants to installa to my onedrive folder...strange...game naturally is not installed there :D

Vox populi files are found in installation folder. however mod is not visible when opening game and mods

Installed to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\MODS

Last edited:
I see a new version is out today!

Where can I find a changelog for each version that gets released? Apologies if it's obvious, but I've looked around and been unable to find one.

I see a new version is out today!

Where can I find a changelog for each version that gets released? Apologies if it's obvious, but I've looked around and been unable to find one.

Changelogs are posted on each new version thread.

There is no single updated changelog document.

Top Bottom