Community Patch - How To Install

Anyone know why I don't have a unit panel for things such as unit actions like automating or defensive mode whenever I use the mod? Is it just me missing something really obvious?

Anyone know why I don't have a unit panel for things such as unit actions like automating or defensive mode whenever I use the mod? Is it just me missing something really obvious?

You didn't install everything correctly. If using EUI, make sure it is in your DLC folder.

G

You didn't install everything correctly. If using EUI, make sure it is in your DLC folder.

G

I've got the folder in the DLC folder with all the CP and the other mods included enabled and in the correct mod folder, I just can't figure out where I messed up.

Alright, I've reinstalled the game and the mod multiple times, cleared the caches and logs multiple times and nothing works. I'm about to give up.

Alright, I've reinstalled the game and the mod multiple times, cleared the caches and logs multiple times and nothing works. I'm about to give up.

I assume, when you are enabling the mods, that you are hitting the 'next' button, and not the back button, yes?

G

No! No! You can't give up like this! Think about your country (civ)!

You are not using any other mods, are you? This happened to me in combination with some UI mods.

Even if your unit panel is missing, you can play for a couple of turns, right? Is everything else working? Can you choose production in the city screen? Can you pick what to research? (if you don't know how to found your 1st city without the unit panel, press B, when your settler is selected).

I suppose you are familiar with how EUI interface looks like. Can you see the familiar top panel?

If all fails, you can still play the non-EUI version with InfoAddict. I know, if you are used to playing with EUI, it may be uncomfortable to go back to the vanilla interface, but all the info is there, just not that visible as in EUI. Still better then not using CBP imo.

Can this work in multiplayer?

Yes and no. First of all you cannot use the download from this install thread, as no mods work in MP. You have to use the MPMPM modpack (it creates a fake DLC, so the game does not see it as a mod and let you play MP) from this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=553187

The downloads are in the opening post. It seems, however that people are sometimes getting desyncs.

I have an interesting bug when using the patch, whereby if I meet Brazil, the whole screen is red and white (no pictures). Doesn't crash - I just interact with Brazil with the usual options with a plaid shirt behind them.

I have an interesting bug when using the patch, whereby if I meet Brazil, the whole screen is red and white (no pictures). Doesn't crash - I just interact with Brazil with the usual options with a plaid shirt behind them.
I get this from time to time (I thought I was the only one...) usually when using large maps, crowding up the map with above the recommended civilizations, or reloading a map without closing out of the game first. However, it doesn't matter who the leader is, and it happens even when I'm not using the CBP. This even happens on the lowest leader quality - a still picture.

Meaning, I don't believe this is the fault of the CBP. I, personally, don't have a whole lot of RAM on my computer, on top of the fact that I'm still running Vista, and so I believe this is something of a memory issue. This comes up in the Civilopedia, too, specifically when looking up images that the CBP adds. This is the only thing that points to the CBP, since like I said, I'll get the checkered leader screen even when not using it. Further, the checkered texture appears under the Mayan's kuna graphic for me, but this may be because I'm running DX9. My computer can't handle anything higher.

TL;DR: This may not be related to the CBP. Possible memory issue, playing below system requirements, or running DX9.

TL;DR: This may not be related to the CBP. Possible memory issue, playing below system requirements, or running DX9.

You are probably right. I was experiencing similar things on my old computer with DX9 long before CBP even existed. No more on my new computer.

Can someone confirm if the No-EUI version has been updated with the hotfix yet? Still avoiding opening Authority in my games, which is a real shame. I can't keep downloading to check, however, since I'm running with a small bandwidth limit per month.

Did you have GPU Decoding enabled in the options? I had some weird graphical glitches similar to this recently, among other issues like missing icons. I switched that option OFF in the menu and it was fixed.

Did you have GPU Decoding enabled in the options? I had some weird graphical glitches similar to this recently, among other issues like missing icons. I switched that option OFF in the menu and it was fixed.
Wasn't directed at me, but I'll personally give this a try.

Just downloaded this mod yesterday and Its awesome! Civ feels like a completly new game now :) The only thing I dont really like is the resistance bonus the AI receives when you go for a domination victory. Is there a way to disable it ? I tried to change It in the mod files but I couldnt find the data.

Do I need to delete all the previous version in the Mods folder and the EUI in DLC folder?

I Installed CPP yesterday

I previously upgraded to Win 10 and keep updating any patches so I should have the current version

I chose to play Civ 5, the DX 10/11 choice

Got through 81 turns. Saved, went to bed.

Today, every time I start crashed after I choose to Load the Saved file, with a Runtime Error

If I just start a new scenario it starts

I verified the cache, still can't start the saved scenario

Top Bottom