Community Patch Project [CP + CBP]

It seems like I always have little to no GPT in this mod :/ I'll keep testing it out.

EDIT: Alright, here's some observations having put in a decent amount of time. All are on Immortal difficulty except where stated.

Gold seems very difficult to make early game and often it's difficult just to stay above the red. Not sure what was changed but in the normal version it wasn't uncommon for me to be making 20-35 GPT early game. I found myself purposely avoiding building certain buildings

The AI seem to make extremely large sums of gold with having negative GPTs. I'm assuming they get gold from the start.

War is considerably more fun now. No longer can I conquer an entire civ using 4 ranged and a melee unit because the AI funnels its units through a choke.

Hun unique building is really OP. 2-3 food, 2-3 hammer, 1 culture tiles from turn 20 onwards is really good and, similar to montezuma, leads to more social policies than one might expect with the Huns.

Mounted units are considerably more usable now. Part of it being the Hun UA but I also felt like the mobility of the mounted units actually made up for them being less tanky than normal melee units. Something which wasn't enough in pre-patch to overcome their terribleness.

Not sure what happened but when I captured a capital I got a gigantic amount of culture and golden age points.(Enough for a golden age and policy by themselves)

Culture victories seem particularly easy. I managed a T328 culture victory with Spain on Epic(so T216ish standard speed) with only cursory optimization.

The natural wonder buffs are very nice. Previously many of them couldn't be worked until later due to their lack of food but, for example, Sri Pada is very nice now. GBR is the most powerful though, it seems.

The AI will eventually devalue the world map so much that they throw it in to every single deal.

I changed the happiness system so that luxuries still give 4 happiness each. I couldn't imagine trying to manage this happiness system without that boost.

All in all, it took a little getting used to but I enjoy it.

I have a question. Do the lump sum yields provided by various social policies for building construction / research / population growth / border expansion / etc scale with game speed or map size?

Started Using the CP(only the base mod) and noticed something: barbarians are more aggressive. I mean, its not like they spawn more, they simply attack you more(which hurts them, not me, in most cases). Also, why does the AI hardly accepts deals? I used to getting a minimum of 5 GPT from trading luxuries, now I'm hardly getting 4... :(

I'm getting this issue using the provided EUI and compatibility files.

Spoiler :

The EUI folder(UI_bc1) is in the dlc folder. My mods folder looks like this.

Spoiler :

I double checked that the compatibility files is for EUI and the More Luxuries compatibility had no effect(I am using the mod). It does not work with or without the Luxury compatitibility files. This started to happen after I cleared my civ5 cache.

Tested it by removing the EUI files(the actual file and compatibility ones) and the game worked fine then.

EDIT: Fixed, don't mind me

Good to know that removing compatibility files for EUI and the mod-dlc itself aswell works fine, thanks :).

This Community Balance Patch is just amazing, make I want to try to play every civilization

Hey mod producer can you buff up the AI a lot more they are way too weak even on deity. I like everything about this mod except for the fact that the AI is extremely weak

I'm having an issue where no Great Prophets are spawning. I was able to select my pantheon belief (as were the computers) but even though I've been over 400 faith for easily 100 turns now, none have spawned. No other religions have been founded so I'm assuming the AI hasn't gotten one either. I've played up until theology and built Hagia Sophia for the free Great Prophet just as a test, and got nothing.

Long story short I can't provide a save, but the only mod other than the CBP ones (exploration, luxuries, etc.) is the extended eras (Historic game pace) mod.

I'm having an issue where no Great Prophets are spawning. I was able to select my pantheon belief (as were the computers) but even though I've been over 400 faith for easily 100 turns now, none have spawned. No other religions have been founded so I'm assuming the AI hasn't gotten one either. I've played up until theology and built Hagia Sophia for the free Great Prophet just as a test, and got nothing.

Long story short I can't provide a save, but the only mod other than the CBP ones (exploration, luxuries, etc.) is the extended eras (Historic game pace) mod.

You kind of asked this in wrong place, CPP has it's own subforum : http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497 , so everything you have to ask should be asked there.

I just realized I don't have all the DLC prerequisites to play CBP, so how do I remove it?

I've tried uninstalling Civ 5 and reinstalling it, but the EUI is still there....

This is really frustrating.

I just realized I don't have all the DLC prerequisites to play CBP, so how do I remove it?

I've tried uninstalling Civ 5 and reinstalling it, but the EUI is still there....

This is really frustrating.

EUI is in your DLC folder. The other mods are in your mods folder.

DLC: steamapps/common/civ5/
MODS: documents/my games/civ 5/MODS.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

I'm about 50 or so turns into a game, just reaching Classical in Standard speed. Continents map, 8 civs, 16 city-states

There are no City-States on my continent. Is this normal? This patch and it's related mods are the only things I have enabled/installed. I'm half awaiting to see if they pop up in a few turns, half wondering if this is a bug as nothing mentions this in the patch notes. (I have the no-EUI version installed, using the installer program).

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I just don't want to waste a few hours waiting for them to turn up!

(There's also no sheep or cattle, for that matter, but there are a couple of food resources so I'm believing it's a balance measure relating to new buildings/mechanics).

Every Capital owned by a civilization (after their own) increases the combat strength of enemy units they fight. This makes world domination through conquest far more difficult. Will show up as Resistance (Domination) in combat tooltip.
Does that mean, that after capturing a capital my whole army becomes weaker against all other civilizations?

Top Bottom