Computer keeps freezing

MarineCorps

Explosion!
I am about to go nuts. I got this computer in August and since day one it froze up everyday. Within the first 30 minutes it froze up. All I was doing then was transfering files from a USB drive to my computer. So I sent it back in November and they replaced everything. I got it back in december missing te adapter and just now bought it. So I boot it up last night and everything is fine. No problems for the 5 hours I used it. Well I wake up today and start it up. Everything is fine up until 40 minutes later. It froze up again. It freezes up randomly. It's frozen up while playing 3 different games, the windows log on screen, the desktop, while browsing the internet, moving files. It's random. Even the times between freezing. It's can be 2 minutes or 12 hours. Can anyone help me? I paid over $900 for this computer and don't want to see it become a giant paperweight.

My computer

AMD 3800 X2,
1GB DDrR 3200 RAM
GeForce 7600GT,
SATA 3.0 250GB HD,
Windows XP home
ECS KN1 SLI LITE NF4 939PIN

www.cyberpowerpc.com

Does it restart when it freezes? Did you buy it from a reputable company? You might have a poorly overclocked processor by some kids who haven't quite perfected the trade. Possibly the heat sink might be gummed up (which sounds unlikey if it's new). Could be the power supply which is shot as well. Bad ram(unlikey). Do you have a waranty?

Does it restart when it freezes?

No. I have to restart

Did you buy it from a reputable company? You might have a poorly overclocked processor by some kids who haven't quite perfected the trade. Possibly the heat sink might be gummed up (which sounds unlikey if it's new). Could be the power supply which is shot as well. Bad ram(unlikey).

CPU is at the speed it's advertised By AMD. The Heat sink is clean. I think they replaced the memory. I have a 3 year replacement warranty.

Top Bottom