[TOT] Computer sees invisible units

Herskuibuoidda

Chieftain
I'm finishing up my decades-ago gotten dream of combining Civ2 with the awesome unit graphics from Fantasy General. Basically what I've done is modified heavily the Fantasy game of Civ2Tot.

But there's still one thorn: The computer mercilessly destroys my supposed-to-be-invisible units. Like in this pic: There's an invisible Orc Scout just in the middle, below Vulture's *Feast*. Should I move the unit next to the Goatmen to their northeast, they would be attacked. The Goatmen already took damage killing the previous Scout. Otherwise the computer seems to be happy fortifying them in that square, so it isn't that they tried to move into the scouts and discovered them by chance.

I've lost dozens of different invisible units. Next to cities all invisible units will be attacked from the city. Even far into the wilderness all invisible units will always be attacked should they park next to an enemy unit. Computer is cheating!

cheatingCP.jpg

I'm finishing up my decades-ago gotten dream of combining Civ2 with the awesome unit graphics from Fantasy General. Basically what I've done is modified heavily the Fantasy game of Civ2Tot.

But there's still one thorn: The computer mercilessly destroys my supposed-to-be-invisible units. Like in this pic: There's an invisible Orc Scout just in the middle, below Vulture's *Feast*. Should I move the unit next to the Goatmen to their northeast, they would be attacked. The Goatmen already took damage killing the previous Scout. Otherwise the computer seems to be happy fortifying them in that square, so it isn't that they tried to move into the scouts and discovered them by chance.

I've lost dozens of different invisible units. Next to cities all invisible units will be attacked from the city. Even far into the wilderness all invisible units will always be attacked should they park next to an enemy unit. Computer is cheating!

View attachment 502373
This is a well-known ToT issue. I don't believe any way to fix it or work around it has been found in the ToTPP or elsewhere, as of yet. :(

Top Bottom