Confess! List your goofy leader nicknames here.

Hatshepsut = hot ****

In Civ I, I would always be the "******ed" civilization. Puerile, I know, but I loved the tech discovery screen.

"Your ******ed wise men have discovered the secret of Ceremonial Burial!"

Hatshephut = Hot s*** foot
Montezuma = Monty or eczema
Genghis Khan = KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!
Kublai Khan = The Other Khan (and from that, The Other White Meat)
Catherine = Cat
Peter = Petey
Mansa Musa = Metamucil
Bismarck = Doughnut or Bizzy
Hannibal = Hannibal Lector (or "I'm having a friend for dinner")
Alexander = Alexisonfire (name of a band)
Wang Kon = Wang Tang
Elizabeth = Lizzy
Cyrus = Cyrus the Virus
Louis XIV = Frenchy or Conceited B*****d (Always demanding of me, and that music is too shrill)
Qin Shi Huang = Qui-Gon Jinn
Huayna Capac = Ipecac or Al Capone
Mao Zedong = Mao King Kong
Ragnar = Ragnarok
Isabella = Izzy

Besides that, it's "WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW!?!?" and the natural reaction to take a "Just Say No" policy.

Hannibal the Cannibal and Cyrus the Virus.

Just because I watch a lot of movies and I'm really unoriginal when it comes to nicknames.

And just to be the 20th to say it:

KHHHAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

Hatshephut = Big eyes
Montezuma = Monty Zumer
Kublai Khan = Chubby (Using the leaderhead that got mixed up)
Peter = Monsieur Moustache
Bismarck = The red Baron
Hannibal = Cannibal
Wang Kon = Named after the thing you don't have lol
Louis XIV = Le Smelly Frenchman
Mao Zedong = THE MOLE!
Victoria = Da pig
Asoka = That's a guy?

Bismarck = Biz Markie

I call Stalin either "Joe-Joe" or "Stalinator"

I like inserting parts of my real name into the existing leader's name. Such as: Julius Peter
:blush: Me too!

Maltma Musa, Jamius Maltinus, Jamadin, Mao Jiemin :goodjob:

Me too, especially in MP games.

I have been known as Martinouis XIV, Martinasses II, Megas Martinos or Martinus Der Grosse. :p

Agreed, agreed, agreed. I insert my alias into the leaders names: Quetzapoleon, Quetzander, Quetzannibal, Quetzabella, Quetzabeth, Quetzagnar, Quetzaladin to name a few.

i just cant pronounce Hatsheput. shes known as 'the egypt one'. generally i refer to civs by the country than the leader.

Hat-she-put? hat-shep-ut? hat-shey-put? Cant Firaxis make a leader in english? phff ¬¬

I'll try to help, but this is certainly a name you have to practice saying. Don't forget its really spelled with an S, HatshepSut. Three pronounceable syllables: "Hat"-wear it on your head, "shep"-like in sheppard, and "sut"-is either set/sut or soot, I've heard pronounced correctly both ways, more often the former. It's the consonants in the transitions that are tough on the tongue; say it slow, it's a mouthful.

P.S. Whenever Ramses pops up in the diplomacy screen I always say "Ramesses... how are you?" like Jack Black in Nacho Libre. "Ramesses eyes are number one"

Monty zoomer's
long story

I like to refer to Izzy as you crazy b**** I don't want to be <insert the religion that is only in one of my cities>

I don't know what it is with Huayna Capac, but I don't think I have ever said his name the same twice, so I just try avoid looking at his name because I'll spend precious time trying to think of the correct way to pronounce it.

AGH! What an insult to poor Mansa! He actually gave money away, unlike 'Reverend' Jackson who uses racist accusations to extort people.
You think I give away money to AI civs? Oh no...I beat them up and then make them "apologize." Hehehe:devil:

Alexander = “DIE PERSIANS!!!”
Asoka = “I may be a girl!” or “War monger turned pu***-fist!”
Augustus Caesar = “August is the best time for some caesar salad.”
Bismarck = “I kicked frances’ a** and created Germany! Yay!”
Brennus = “bring us our whiskey god-d*** it!”
Catherine = “my favorite little who**”
Churchill = “I have a church on the hill” or “appeasement can lick my sweaty n** sack!”
Cyrus = “my grandson is a moron”
Elizabeth = “I can talk to animals!”
Frederick = “hi, I am Frederick! I like you.”
Gandhi = “my head is way too big for my body!”
Genghis Khan = “i crossed the great wall!”
Hannibal = “I would like to have you for dinner with a nice Chianti and some fava beans”
Hatshephut = “hot cheap sl**”
Huayna Capac = “Huayuanaloko-johnson-mcphearson” or “andes mountains freak king”
Isabella = “I had an affair with Chris Columbus”
Julius Caesar = “no, July is the best time for some caesar salad!”
Kublai Khan = “hi, im mister fatso!”
Louis XIV = “tyrannical tyrant! Person”
Mansa Musa = “vassal loving b****”
Mao Zedong = “move the bong”
Mehmed II = “my medications aren’t in yet” or “Meth head”
Montezuma = “Psycho amerindian nut job who will continually go to war cause you never settled in America!”
Napoleon = “I nap on poles in lyon!” or “Corsica is not french”
Peter = “are you sure im not the evil French guy who steals your girlfriend?”
Qin Shi Huang = “kick s*** hung over”
Ragnar = “I like to naw on your rag”
Rameses II = “ram me sis, twice!”
Roosevelt = “rose of velvet” or “I married my cousin” or “cripple prezzy”
Saladin = “Salad in my pants”
Shaka = “HOW COME IM THE ONLY BLACK MAN IN THIS GAME!?!” or “I make a mean shake!” or “i shag every morning, noon, and night!”
Stalin = “I stall in winter” or “the honeymoon wasn’t that long.” or “mr. man of steel!”
Tokugawa = “I hate everyone!” or “Shoguns rock!” or “Fear my Samurai!”
Victoria = “I may be a man… why don’t you take a look!”
Wang Kon = “Korean wanker”
Washington = “I have a state named after me!”

:D :p :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: :mischief: :crazyeye: :scan: :king: :cool: :nuke: :goodjob:

i think thats all of them... there will be many more when beyond the sword is released!

This is OT, but the thread just reminded me of something I keep meaning to ask... When I start a new game the default name for the player is my name (I guess it got it from Windows when I sign on), but I would prefer it to be my nickname. Is there any way to change what shows up by default, or do I have to change it every single time?

Alexander = “DIE PERSIANS!!!”
Cyrus = “my grandson is a moron”
Gandhi = “my head is way too big for my body!”
Genghis Khan = “i crossed the great wall!”
Hannibal = “I would like to have you for dinner with a nice Chianti and some fava beans”
Isabella = “I had an affair with Chris Columbus”
Julius Caesar = “no, July is the best time for some caesar salad!”
Peter = “are you sure im not the evil French guy who steals your girlfriend?”
Shaka = “HOW COME IM THE ONLY BLACK MAN IN THIS GAME!?!” or “I make a mean shake!” or “i shag every morning, noon, and night!”
Tokugawa = “I hate everyone!” or “Shoguns rock!” or “Fear my Samurai!”

Ha, these ones cracked me up.

This is OT, but the thread just reminded me of something I keep meaning to ask... When I start a new game the default name for the player is my name (I guess it got it from Windows when I sign on), but I would prefer it to be my nickname. Is there any way to change what shows up by default, or do I have to change it every single time?

Yeah Nephrite, if you go to the Civ IV folder (or Warlords if you're using that) There's a "CivilizationIV" Configuration file. Open that up, and scroll all the way to the bottom, the last option is "In-game Alias." Change and save :)

ooh! i remembered one that you cant play unless you are really gifted (in both senses of the word) i'm sure some of you know about the default civ? although im not sure how to choose this civ, nor do i know what the leaderhead is, im sure i will have one when i do... speaking of which, does anyone know how to play as this civ?

Top Bottom