1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(CONFIRMED) Waiting for other civilizations...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Pitboss, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

yes this was in response to you ;)
    I loaded the save game and ended it and after 20-30 seconds the next turn began, so there was no hanging at all :dunno:

2. Nick Danger

Nick Danger Steam should be optional

Interesting...

Assuming the same holds true for others, it suggests either a hardware issue or a corrupted file on my end. Perhaps reinstallation is in order...

Thanks for taking the time to check this out :)

3. cbdude

cbdude Chieftain

anyone eles still getting this bug, I've gotten it everytime I've played. I'm using 3.13 and fall from heaven II mod.

4. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Hates barbarians.

I did not have the "waiting for other civilizations" bug for a long time but today it happened. I already tried to load a savegame from some turns earlier but I always get stuck in January 1958. The attached savegame is from the end of the turn BEFORE the problem occurs.
    Can someone test the savegame?

5. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

this applies here as well:

6. BigDogNate

BigDogNate Chieftain

Any word on this problem getting fixed. I'd say I get this problem in about 25% of games where It goes long enough to get to the modern age. Kind of anoying, I have good game going right now.

7. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

There have been no reproducible instances of this bug since 3.13 was released, so it appears to have been fixed long ago.

When you go to Advanced->Options, which Civ version and Build version are displayed? Which mods do you use? Can you upload a savegame right before the problem surfaces?

8. SomeMan

SomeMan Modder who can't mod!

for one, why do you STILL have Swordsmen, Chariots, and Muskets?

9. GK89

GK89 Chieftain

I have BTS v3.19 and am playing a game on Rhye's and Fall mod. I tried Solver's dll but the game is still in loop. I've waited for about an hour as well.

Interestingly, I had another saved game about 6 turns prior. When I continued from this saved game I got one turn further than before.

10. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

BTW, this bug is still in the game, I had it on a game I was playing yesterday. Am I right in remembering that it had to do with using a unit that wasn't properly referenced in the game (or something like that)? And more likely to occur during war. I have a great game going, I'd like to be sure it would be able to go on. I am playing a mod made by a friend of mine some time ago, I'm not sure if he'd even have time to look into it, if its likely to be caused by an error in his mod. Is there some way to find out?

Thanks to anyone that looks into this for me. :)

11. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Happened to me today too. The solution with the least hassle is to load an autosave 20-25 turns old and do things a bit differently. Make sure the option 'random seed on reload' is enabled when you start a new game as it seems to help a bit.