Congrats, Kael!

Congrats, Kael! This is awesome news! If you ever need a freelance writer/game designer... I'm just a stone's throw away in Livonia, MI. ;)

Best Wishes,
Joseph Miller

PS: I just read through the thread... I didn't realize so many Civfanatics lived in Michigan... maybe we should start a company or somthing ;)

Ah was wondering if there was a thread for this. Congrats Kael. This news prompted me to check out Elemental.

Congrats Kael!

Time to check out FFH. I know, I know. Where have I been right? ;)

Congrats, Kael! This is awesome news! If you ever need a freelance writer/game designer... I'm just a stone's throw away in Livonia, MI. ;)

Best Wishes,
Joseph Miller

PS: I just read through the thread... I didn't realize so many Civfanatics lived in Michigan... maybe we should start a company or somthing ;)

Another one here :) though I often claim to live on a small snowy moon orbiting Saturn.

Elemental actually is kind of fun. I loved Master of Magic and this game is supposed to be patterned after it. It is nowhere near that classic game as of now but I'm confident Kael will be able to reshape the game in that way.

As long as Brad Wardell, swallows his pride and lets Kael have cart blanche with the game. That's the key I think.

The game definitely has potential and there seems to be extremely mod friendly.

Even the graphics are growing on me. Kind of elegant in their own little way.

Congrats Kael!

Time to check out FFH. I know, I know. Where have I been right? ;)
I'm in the same boat.I never played FFH :blush:.I never realy got into those types of games.I think I will give it a shot :).

Congratulation Kael,I always love to see members of CFC community move on up for all there hard work in modding :goodjob:.

I had zero interest in elemental until now. It might take him a while, but Kael will help out with the expansion a ton imho. Think I'll get the game+expansion when that comes out now.

I'm just a stone's throw away in Livonia, MI. ;)

Another one here :) though I often claim to live on a small snowy moon orbiting Saturn.

Well, there ARE a lot of similarities given our lake-effect blizzards. :)

And yeah, I didn't realize there were so many other Michigan peeps up in here. Apparently we should get together and take Kael out for a beer or six to welcome him to the Mitten. :goodjob:

Hahaha, I just have to say - it's pretty bizarre reading about your own local area in a CFC post. :) That park is Plymouth Riverside Park, and yeah, it's really nice.

Close, the park I was referring to was Northville Community Park, 1/4 mile north on Beck road from where Stardock's building was, not 1/4 mile north of downtown. I just realized I didn't transition my post very well. And both parks are really nice. :)

(Considering how close all these MI posters are to Plymouth, it might be worth it to set up a congratulatory lunch or something.)

Elemental actually is kind of fun. I loved Master of Magic and this game is supposed to be patterned after it. It is nowhere near that classic game as of now but I'm confident Kael will be able to reshape the game in that way.

As long as Brad Wardell, swallows his pride and lets Kael have cart blanche with the game. That's the key I think.

The game definitely has potential and there seems to be extremely mod friendly.

Even the graphics are growing on me. Kind of elegant in their own little way.

:confused:

You're Exhibit A for the mega-angry with Civ 5 guy and Elemental gets a bit of a pass? Interesting....

Moderator Action: personal attack are not acceptable on the forums

This rocks. Big Congratz Kael. I'm happy for you and Stardock. I was actually going to buy that game anyways when they released the 1.1 patch(I've been following it). Awsome idea that has had a really bad start.

Wow what a winning team. This is awsome news. I'm a picky, finicky old bastard when it comes to games. This is going to be a great friggin game. This is going to be epic, wonderful, phenominal.....eventually:mischief:

It's still going to take time.

Gratz again Kael we know you love this and you deserve it after all the great work you have done for us.:goodjob:

Just wanted to say "Congratulations Kael", "Congratulations Elemental customers" and "Congratulations CFC community"

I don't want to spoil the party but I actually feel kinda sorry for Kael. Stardock is even worse than Firaxis/2k in releasing unfinished products with horrible game design issues. And Frogboy is a nice and very communicative guy who makes a lot of promises to the community but consistently fails to deliver.

Now if Kael can help them do something right all will be well. I'm not an optimist though...

The project has been canceled sadly (it's somewhere in a sticky in the FFH board)

Looks like it will be alive again, given Kael's new job:

Before being hired at Stardock, you announced plans for a stand alone game based on Fall from Heaven that was later put on hold. With your new position at Stardock is it possible that your Fall From Heaven game could be made at the developer?

While it's true that I do plan to develop a stand-alone version of Fall from Heaven, at this time I want to focus on making Elemental the best strategy game possible.

From the interview at http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/10/12/interview-we-get-stardocks-brad-wardell-and-derek-kael-paxto/

A decent strategic foundation is rendered all but meaningless by horrific bugs, missing features, a poor interface, and plenty of other defects.

This is the Gamespot headline and it seems to be echoed by most of the bigger sites (i.e. those who have more to lose by giving a false review than they have to gain by buttering up a producer). I'm therefore unsure why there is any love for this game, given the response to Civ V. Could the lovers enlighten me?

This is the Gamespot headline and it seems to be echoed by most of the bigger sites (i.e. those who have more to lose by giving a false review than they have to gain by buttering up a producer). I'm therefore unsure why there is any love for this game, given the response to Civ V.

Because of the potential. I personally would much rather play a grand 4X game with magic and tactical battles, than a small iteration of Civilization (and the jury is still out on whether Civ V is even an improvement over Civ 4, except graphically). The problem is that Elemental as it stands is a failure. But people keep hoping.

Top Bottom