Congratulations Firaxis!

turboraton

Chieftain
In your face, Call of Duty!

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Man, I'm really pleased that developers can get some money with quality games. Can't wait till you start patching the game and giving us some nice expansions (and add Incas), untill then I'll be cleaving, chopping and maiming with Montezuma.:goodjob:

Civilization V will certainly leave its mark on Steam for the years to come.

Good first week numbers... now look into the crystal ball and tell me where it will be 2-3 weeks from now. :D

XFire doesn't yet pick up on Civ5 in its game list.

Hopefully we see a patch by the end of October addressing all the major and minor issues that can be fixed that quick. Although some of the more glaring issues probably need to be patched sooner (like crashes due to fog-of-war detail settings).

Why is Civ IV in those stats? 239 people atm. I dont recall Civ IV using Steam.

Yeah I was shocked at that when I saw it, not due to the game's quality (which is great), but just that a Civ title would do so well in the mainstream. Well done.

Let's get me some new DLC civs to play with please XD

Yeah I was shocked at that when I saw it, not due to the game's quality (which is great), but just that a Civ title would do so well in the mainstream. Well done.

Civ games sell very well over time also (Civ4 is still a high seller), so while we won't see numbers like this forever, it'll certainly be up there for a very long time.

I guess the game's not as bad as everyone makes out then!:)

It means Firaxis reached it's primary goal: to get more casuals into it. Those of us who have played previous Civs, know it's not that good.

It means Firaxis reached it's primary goal: to get more casuals into it. Those of us who have played previous Civs, know it's not that good.

I guess I haven't played previous civs then. Or does your condescending attitude fall apart when confronted by actual counter-examples?

That's weird considering I've played them all - originally - on a variety of platforms...and Civ 5 is in no way "casual friendly" compared to any of the others.

Oh, look, subjective opinions just like mine. I've seen the light, I repent my sinful ways.

Oh, look, subjective opinions just like mine. I've seen the light, I repent my sinful ways.
All opinions are subjective. It's incorrect assumptions that are the problem with your post(s). Stop making statements that imply that those who disagree with you are inferior/undeserving/haven't played Civ.

Does MW2 require steam? If not, these stats are pretty flawed.

Top Bottom