Connection problems with my cities...

citizenalex

Chieftain
I've noticed a few of my cities in a newly colonized island have no trade routes connecting them to my capital. I find this odd because I've built plenty of cities all over the globe by now and the only ones giving me trouble are the cities that were built near hell terrain. Even after building harbor+smugglers port+lighthouse I still get only partial connection...somehow they connect between each other but not to the capital...what gives???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yeah..it might be it...One of my distant colonies had a trade route at some point, and it coincidentally happens to be on the last part of the island to be overrun by blackish hellwater... I'll try a floating wardens canal and see if the return of normal ocean does anything about it...

I wonder if this is something that needs to be fixed. It's probably not intentional, but the logic for it can be seen. Mutated hellfish eating your tradeships and such.

I tend to think that at least the Infernals ought be able to trade in Hell's oceans. How about making it so that trading on Hell's Oceans requires Infernal Pact or Malevolent Designs?

I tend to think that at least the Infernals ought be able to trade in Hell's oceans. How about making it so that trading on Hell's Oceans requires Infernal Pact or Malevolent Designs?

I'd correct this to any civ with demon peace, personally.

Xienwolf, would it be feasible to make hell terrain in unowned land require peace with Agares to trade through? Water or no water, even land trade routes would be rather troubled by wandering evil things. When hell comes, you'd need to either clear a route with sanctify, or be restricted only to people you share a contigious block of culture with. The latter requirement usually isn't too hard to fill in the endgame though, due to people expanding across most of the map.

The Lanun should also be able to trade across hell/normal ocean. It'd be cool to see new ressources pop up too...like squid and monster crabs...

I would say that the easiest method to accomplish that would be to grant Agares a free 1 culture point in all hell terrain. Then if anyone else owns it, no chance that Agares tries to own it instead, but otherwise, the territory belongs to Agares, and you need peace with him to trade through his territory by natural game mechanics.

I would say that the easiest method to accomplish that would be to grant Agares a free 1 culture point in all hell terrain. Then if anyone else owns it, no chance that Agares tries to own it instead, but otherwise, the territory belongs to Agares, and you need peace with him to trade through his territory by natural game mechanics.

That is a masterfully inspired implementation

That'd also give a very scary representation when you look on your minimap, and you see all of the world owned by Agares.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a DoW if you found a city in rival territory? So giving all hell terrain to Agares would have some grave consequences for the AI, effectively preventing them from expanding into hell terrain. (Unless the AI learns to ignore Agares' terrain or sanctify it first)

That would be an issue, but only for those who are not at war with the Demons already. Though I am not sure if it is a war dec, or a flat out impossibility. Would have to set up special exception to that rule when the owner is a Barbarian Civ.

I thought it was just flat out impossible to found cities in rival territory, and it seemed appropriate. If you want a city in hellish terrain you have to Sanctify first.

I did some testing today and it looks like it is actually impossible.
If you want a city in hellish terrain you have to Sanctify first.
I agree with you concerning normal civs, but there has to be an exception for those that are at peace with demons.

Top Bottom