Conquest of the World

He MA'ed with the Mongols against China, Sumeria had an MPP with Persia and declared war on him, and England triggered his MPP with America.

This post reserved for stating the truth on who I'm at war with. I was about to post until I started having second thoughts about whether I was at war with China or not. Same with Sumeria. You know the war situation is bad when even I'm not sure! But it's really irrelevant if I'm at war with either of those two. ***SEE END OF POST FOR WAR LIST***

I am sure, however, that I am NOT at war with Zululand.

England happened after I signed the MPP with America - those two were at war and the English attacked America.

I'm not worried about the Zulu triggering war - they have no navy whatsoever now, and America has much more important things than fighting the Zulu on their minds.

The pace of war will speed up, certainly! Putting planes in the New World isn't a bad idea - and an Airfield would be an excellent idea to reinforce the expeditionary force that I'd never thought of. But the reinforcements won't get there in time for the next big battle - I've played far enough to guarantee that won't happen. It could fuel further advances, though. Or perhaps stave off disaster, depending on how the next big battle in the New World goes.

OK, here's the war list:

I am AT WAR WITH:
Russia
Rome
Celts
China
England
Aztecs
Persia
Inca
Sumeria

I am AT PEACE WITH:
Zululand
Everyone Else

Sumeria happened because of a Mutual Protection Pact they had, I forget whom with, and China probably was a MAA with Mongolia, I'd have to check on that. Either that or they declared on me for some reason.

Playing what will probably be the last bit of the story until either Firaxis figures out why Civ isn't working for me or I get XP. The next part is has lots of action, and may even be broken into two parts depending on how the rest of this play session goes. Those of you who were looking forward to tank combat will not be disappointed - the tanks do get combat in the next section!

No reply within most of the 24 hours Take2 said they'd get back to me on for tech support in the automated reply, but I realized I sent it on Saturday morning so it might well take as long as 6 P.M. Monday before I get a reply. Oh well, won't have any time to play till after that, anyways. I'll certainly keep everyone up-to-date on the situation, and will post the next section(s) that I've played in due time after the move.

So far it's been great writing the story, and I really hope everything works out so I'm able to continue this fairly soon. But for now, there's still some good action coming up in the next week or two!

Strangely, I'm paying more attention to some details of this story than you are... :lol:

I even know how you got at war with all these people! This is how:

Russia- In the last chapter, You didn't renew a peace treaty.
Rome- MA'ed with the Aztecs against you.
Celts- MA'ed with the Aztecs against you.
China- You MA'ed with Mongolia against them for a lot of gpt.
England- Triggered your MPP with America.
Aztecs- Declared War on you due to failed spy plant, BROKE GIANT GPT DEAL!!!
Persia- Declared war on you when you didn't cave to their demand of Electronics.
Inca- Triggered your MPP with America.
Sumeria- They had an MPP with Persia, and declared war on you.

STOMP on those maggots!:)

Took me a wee while to catch up but now i have and am eager for more a$$ kicking:lol:

Hey guys,
I was really pissed for a while because I couldn't find a simple Earth map (huge, basically "Earth18civs.civworldbuildersave" with unlocked civs) so I decided to make one for Civ IV. It's the map Quintillus is playing on except it's for Civ IV. Check out the link in my signature, just thought I'd let you know. :mischief: I've been absent for a while, but I'll stay in tune with the updates.

He said it was coming in the next week or two- he still has another week. ;)

This is how he did it: :p

and from that I can calculate that choxorn lives on the west coast. is that also creepy?

I would say no, especially if you saw my location before I changed my avatar...

Aug 19, 2007, 06:27 AM

is what I have for the post.

Arizona? Somewhere is PST or MT w/o DST

If you had read and remembered my location before I changed it to "Delta Halo", you would have known I live in Seattle, Washington.

I dont pay attention unless its canada. or a NESer, where time zones are very important to know.

I see now that I forgot to mention that the reason I specified "the next week or two" was because I was leaving for college and wouldn't be able to play on my computer there. And I figured I'd be busy and probably wouldn't have a chance to post for awhile after move-in day (the 22nd). Well, I was right. If you'd checked my profile 15 minutes ago, you'd've seen that I hadn't logged in since either the 19th or the 20th. If I'd've been at home the whole time, it wouldn't have taken 8 days to post! But even with just orientation I've been fairly busy, and Facebook and email were furthest I got on the Internet.

And I don't think I'll be having any more time now that classes have started. Monday was the first day of classes and I already have a book to have read by Wednesday. Fortunately I'm halfway through already. But suffice to say, I don't think I'd have very much time to be playing Civ even if it were working trouble-free.

Well, even though it's 2 A.M. here, I've got a handle on the homework and am not feeling very tired, so I'll see what I can put together for a post. My first class tomorrow is 2:30 P.M. or so, so no worries about an 8:00.

1940 AD -

Well, well, well. Someone decided to try to resist the Greek Empire. We'd like to go storming in there now, but friends don't let friends invade Russia with winter approaching, and 1940 is an especially bad year for doing that, so we'll have our troops wait to invade until 1942. We do, however, stage three bombing runs and send a Galleon of Marines towards the city. The situation doesn't look good for Russia.

We also direct the four Ironclads we have around Australia towards the eastern side of the continent to intercept the last of Russia's navy as it heads home for repairs. Russia's clock is ticking.

Our new Destroyers, built on the island of Borneo, strike back with a vengeance against the Incan Frigates that sunk our Galleon. Two of the Frigates are sunk straightaway, and the third will not make it past the next turn.

We also sink the Incan Galleon in the Pacific that had brought the invasion force to Valladolid.

Our New World troops reach the gates of Tenochtitlan:

But the real action this turn will take place in Gergovia.

We're ready to invade after bombardment!

The Celts have an Artillery of their own in the city, but it does not harm our tank, which proceeds to win two battles and get promoted to Elite. A good start! The next tank repeats the feat, and the city is ours!

With tanks, taking a size 20 city was amazingly easy! That doesn't bode well for Augustodurum! Gergovia is now the largest city in the Greek Empire. It also has as many resistors - 14 - as the third-largest city has people. But in compensation for that, thanks to Hoover Dam we are able to sell the Coal Plants in Gergovia and Hyderabad, netting an extra 80 gold!

We fortify two Infantry and a Hoplite to guard the artillery, and send the rest of the units to the outskirts of Augustodurum. But we need more units to reinforce Gergovia itself, and the only way to get them there is to force our way through the Celtic invaders of our lands. And for that, we call on Ajax.

Due to tanks remaining rare, Ajax only has two tanks at the moment. But he mows through the three Cavalry on the tile he is targeting with ease, promoting one tank to Elite. He will have a full strength of three tanks next turn. That victory clears the way for an Infantry and a Hoplite to reinforce Gergovia.

Hector is called on for our next major mission. Five Celtic Infantry have invaded the same tile near Berlin, and Hector's Marines are the only troops strong enough to take them on with numbers and power to spare. Thus:

Two Infantry are destroyed by Hector, and another falls to a Veteran Marine. We have a few other Marines ready to attack in Hamburg, but a Cavalry is using its Zone of Control to harrass units passing through that city. So a 3-of-5 Marine attacks the Cavalry, and...

Another leader! The list of Greek leaders had repeated back to Pyrrhus, who has so recently met his demise, so this leader is renamed Theodoros Kolokotronis, in honor of the general in the Greek War of Independence, and reflecting the more modern military we now field. He heads east to safety and builds an army, for we have no need for hurried production and can use as many armies as we can get.

That victory clears the path for two Marines from Hamburg and a Guerilla to finish off the Celtic Infantry in the area. Another Marine defeats the Persian Infantry visible in the screenshot of Hector's army fighting. And then the battles turn to defeating the Persian troops near Hyderabad.

The first Marine succeeds, but the second suffers our first loss of the turn. With the help of the Arillery we just captured in Gergovia, an Infantry then finishes off this last Persian troops.

And there's one more battle to be fought this turn. There were more than enough Marines in Rome, so we called the ships back and now they're ready to invade Pompeii.

Our Marines do not escape without injury, but once again victory does not cost us a single brigade. This turn was, without doubt, one of the best ones thus far in the game for Greece.

Top Bottom