Conquest of the World

Great update. I was looking around the map, and realised that there is not place to build the Suez Canal. Will this may implement on your sea power against Korea and Persia? new ships or long routes may be needed in the Atlantic.

I look forward to seeing the Greek Armed Forces smash the barbarian hordes of Korea! :crazyeye:

Welcome to CFC, Roanoke!

Everybody has AIDS? I think it's a few decades too early for that. :)

Uh... Quint... Doesn't Alaska border Yukon Territory, and not Northwest territory at that spot? ;)

It would appear as though America wants to conquer Northern Canada and Alaska. They'll probably be at war with the Maya to get that area soon enough. Maybe...

So, America is at war with the Byzantines?

It was a few decades early for the US to decide to start dominating the world but we did it anyway.

You're right, it's Yukon territory. Obviously I don't specialize in Canadian geography.

Funny how in this war torn game there is still less war in africa then in the real world.

I don't think the lack of a Suez Canal will impact my naval strategy significantly. Not only are the Korean and Persian navies not likely to play a significant factor (despite Korea's actions in 1961-1962), but if they do continue to be a nuisance, I can always sent some bombers and fighters over there and take care of them that way.

Korea's trick was very clever. It would have been a nice trick for a human player, and certainly wasn't something you'd expect from the AI. Now I just have to hope they don't keep on doing sly stuff like that.

It's the same type of thing as what the Celts did when they took Hoover Dam for a turn in the 1910's. See a weakly defended city, push through, and get lucky RNG numbers. Of course, we all know what happened to the Celts.

And we all know what's going to happen to the Koreans. :evil:

If I'm right, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, Korea's main military strength will be broken long before :nuke: .

1963 AD - The game loads up to the English troops and artillery near Bergen. The Brits only moved one tile, so we take advantage of our artillery's positioning and open fire.

The artillery are able to damage all the Infantry right beside their stack. Our Tanks and Mech Inf then kill four units, and our bombers one, in the process reducing the Infantry to redline status. Two Tanks from Valencia then finish off then Infantry, and the last one starts to attack the Medieval Infantry. Unfortunately, it is forced to retreat :blush:. You know what else has the same defense as a Medieval Infantry? That's right, a Spearman...fortunately it had the sense to retreat rather than lose to a Medieval Infantry.

Our conscript Mech Inf and a Tank that I'd missed the first time around fare much better, finishing that English stack. One of the Mech Infs heads to reinforce Valencia after both of the tanks remaining by Valencia fail to defeat some of the three Infantry on the edge of the city.

On the whole, though, it is a big defeat for the English.

My next target is Copenhagen, the capital on Scandinavia. Eleven Artillery hammer it, and then, just to add insult to injury, a Bomber takes out the weakest of the Rifleman defenders.

It's a very easy battle thereafter.

The next target is the most important one - Lugdunum.

We get two hitpoints off right away, but then the Infantry destroy my Tank and get promoted. So then we call out the big guns - Ajax's army.

Thee Infantry reduce my army's hitpoints by two, but fall. Korea then has Cavalry defending. So we call in another Army.

The Hoplites take back the city. They never go obsolete. We proceed to take Hispalis and obliterate Chonju.

It looks like Babylon is going to settle the area.

Turning to sea battle, once again the Hittites are the victims of a submarine attack.

Er - that didn't go quite how I'd hoped. The sinking of a Viking Ironclad in the Sea of Japan goes much better, however. The turn becomes your regular run-of-the-mill mopping up thereafter until we decide to attack Shanghai, and find Persians on the other side of the city. :dubious: I immediately call in my foreign advisor, who informs me Persia and China are at peace. They must then be heading for either the Byzantines or myself. I decide to see if I can take the city before attacking.

20% science...no wonder they're backwards. They've got three defenders; I have two attackers (the army being down to one movement point already). After quite a bit of scrounging around, I find an Infantry that allows me to put a Mech Inf on the offensive. So we attack.

Our Army does quite well in crushing the Musketman. We then send in our Tank.

And it gets pwned by the now-Elite Spearmen. We just got :spear:'ed.

Top Bottom