1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest of the World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Quintillus, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Here's the World Map at the beginning of 2015:

Sorry to all those who wanted Persia to be the last conquest. I'd already played through this part when the requests started coming in. It was just too tempting a conquest.

At this point, eight cities remain to be conquered, including the brand-new Sumerian city.

2. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter Chieftain

Ah, well, it doesn't matter. It just woulda been great to see ... almost as great as the ALMIGHTY SEA OF GREEN! :Hail:

3. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I bet you'll finish by 2020...

4. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

Do you keep your saves? After you conquer the world you can always take a save from before you wipe out Persia and do it again, saving them for last.

5. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Kender

I've said this several times already, but airlift a bunch of hoplite's to greenland!

I'm betting (with myself) on a win in... 2018AD.

6. tubaman

tubaman Chieftain

I second Tasslehoff. If we can't kill Persia last, can we at least have hoplites conquer the last city?

7. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Yes, end this marvelous story with HOPLITES! They don't need any fancy guns, spears will be enough to make the enemies quake in fear and run away!

8. Quintillus

2015 AD - Here we find out exactly how long Sumeria's North American city lasts:

Yeah, that wasn't a very long time. Not like they were going to be able to hide anywhere on this planet, though.

We then move on to Zabalam.

And Agade.

We then advance again and drop off troops by New Orleans. Sumeria has nowhere to run.

I then spend what seems like an eternity waiting for my workers to race all over Europe/Asia/Africa to the newest pollution hot spots. Then it's time to take out the Hittites.

It wasn't even a fight :). We defeated them from the sky.

But just because we're feeling benevolent, we give them mercy.

:confused: They have no military and Modern Armor are at their gates and they won't surrender to our propaganda. Well, okay, if you really want our Modern Armor to invade your city.

And it's Greece vs. Sumeria. The Battle of the Titans. Though one of them is in that category by default. And it isn't us.

We end the turn with the literal and symbolic sinking of Sumeria's last Frigate. They won't last long.

9. Nergal

Nergal Chieftain

Watch out for those 7 Enkidu .. they could give you some trouble ....:lol:

10. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

I think you'll finish your conquest next turn. You did get that airport built in Greenland, right? And Sumeria has no islands?

11. choxorn

:confused:

They have The Island that New Orleans is on, but Quint just landed troops there. They have 3 cities left in Greenland, and I think Mountains will protect them for a bit. ;)

12. killerkid

killerkid Chieftain

He does have the airport in Greenland, and landed the tank army on its only island last turn. Good job on finishing your conquest. :goodjob:

Personally, I think your biggest obstacle was your bandwidth expiring. ;)

EDIT: Crap, crosspost with Choxorn.

13. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

What is the device to the west of the army? It looks like some type of missile.

14. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter Chieftain

It's a Helicopter ... what's it doing there, though?

15. Quintillus

Oh yeah...the RNG turns against me for a battle and they get a golden age, then Sumeria'll take the whole New World :lol:

The Battle of the Titans comment was sarcastic. You'd expect the last two countries to be superpowers (Titans) finally duelling it out, but obviously that isn't the case.

16. dutchking

dutchking Chieftain

Hey I just came back.

What the hell has been going on?

*awaits update*

17. Quintillus

2016 AD -

We discover Genetics! And there's more good news!

Plato has been born in Athens! We immediately hurry Longevity in our capital. Madras is chosen from a trifecta of 90-sheild cities to build the Cure for Cancer.

Though our civilian accomplishments this turn were great, we hope this year shines militarily as well. We can't guarantee it, thanks to our spy being caught attempting to steal plans from Sumeria, but we will give it our best.

Lysander easily takes New Orleans. He then jumps on a transport that takes him to the outskirts of Kisurra, for the unlikely event he is needed in Sumeria next turn. Four more Transports also approach Greenland from multiple directions, with three armies and seven additional Modern Armor in tow. And of course there are the yearly airlifts.

The city of Umma, in eastern Greenland, is our next target.

Its four defenders don't even scratch us. Two cities remain.

An Enkidu is left in Isin. It look like easy prey. The only question remains: will Kisurra fall? In time?

No. It will not. Thanks to some rather poor advance paths last turn, we lack sufficient Modern Armor in the area to take the city. We thus put on the brakes, and resolve to conquer the Sumerians next turn.

18. Quintillus

2017 AD -

Longevity is completed in Athens. Long lived shall be our people - and long-lived shall be our Empire!

We have the Sumerians surrounded. They will fall this turn!

Isin will be easy. Excellent. Our Bombers target Kisurra.

Kisurra is severly weakened, and then we send in our only nearby Elite unit. Can we get another Leader to end the game?

No, but we took the city and Sumeria didn't get a Golden Age :D!

And then it's on to the last conquest.

And the world is Greek! From overcoming the stronger Dutch in the beginning with Archers and Hoplites, to Hoplites destroying Greece's last rival in the end, everywhere Greece proved victorious.

The Conquest of the World is complete.

19. dutchking

dutchking Chieftain

:faint:
    Hail the victorious dead!

Congrats, Quin.

20. choxorn

Now, who says ancient weapons are worthless? ;)

With the battle of Isin... The world has fallen to the Greeks.

It's only too bad they couldn't cure cancer first... Ah well.