Conquest versus Tolerance

caldur

Chieftain
I have a question about the changes to the Tolerance mechanic in FF (heh, I just discovered it, I'm a little slow on the uptake sorry). I mean, I just think it's so rad that Decius has it (and thus opening it up to three races instead of one!). Heh, what made me notice it was that I had just turned on my Bannor ally (Decius) after we had just defeated the Sheiam, only to find out that he had another thousand of those freakin' pyre zombie out the wazoo. It really made me appreciate a more warlike AI having it, rather than only seeing it wasted on the apathetic Elohim.

But mostly it's just that I'm a little curious as to what went into the changes. Like, why Decius, of all the leaders? Don't get me wrong, like I said, I think it's totally rad! I was just wondering why. And why was it taken away from the Elohim? Aren't they, like, the ones who accept everyone and want to unite everything? I'm just sorta curious.

Tolerant was taken away from the Elohim because it wasn't felt to be a very good fit... Instead, they get bonuses for each UF that you visit. Some give traits, another gives happiness, another lets you use your worldspell again, etc.

Conqueror was given to Decius because at the time, noone knew anything about him other than that he could lead 3 civilizations... Makes a good case for a conquering leader. :lol:

This all happened BEFORE the 'Blank Banner' story, or the scenarios, so there was no lore supporting the Elohim having it. :lol:

Well, the Blank Banner story still doesn't explain Elohim Demon Armies of Hell supported by Pyre Zombies and the warmongering mechanics given to the supposed peacelovers. It's still awesome, though.

I also kinds like what Rystic did with them in his modmod.

There's absolutely no difference at all, between the Conqueror and Tolerant traits.

Well, the OP didn't claim there was.

I like what Pazyryk did with the Elohim for a modmod for Orbis. He turned Tolerant into a non-warmongering assimilation trait (sort of). When you found a city, it gets the nearest civilization as its culture (in this mod, the Elohim cities are scattered through the map, specifically around the UFs). On top of that, I gave them the Peacekeepers trait, giving them +30%:culture:, :science: and :gold: while at peace. I don't know if it's how they should be, but I quite like them this way.

Ah, okay, I see. That makes a lot of sense, heh. Here I was playing, wondering why Decius had it. I mean, I had just sort of reasoned that as someone who moved through three races that he would be pretty tolerant and allow whatever he'd conquored to keep doing whatever they'd do. I hadn't realized that it was something that had been implemented before the FFH2 mod caught up with itself.

So, since that's the case, is there going to be some change to Decius or the Elohim in the future? For Decius, heh, I sure hope not! I mean, I'm dead serious when I think it's totally rad that the leader who spans three civs has it. Never know what to expect then, whether he has vamps or nomads or humans. For the Elohim I guess that'd be cool (since I guess it'd fit better overall) but, heh, please don't change Decius!

I don't think there's any plans to change Decius.

Top Bottom