Conquestador civilization

Amani McGlynn

Chieftain
The Conquestador civilization was a significant part of history, specifically Latin American history. Characterized by a culture acutely focused on art and humanism, this native civilization set its sights on building vibrant communities across parts of Peru, Ecuador and Colombia. Excitingly, an expansive collection of archaeological sites illustrate how the presence of the Conquestador people profoundly affected their neighboring regions centuries before colonization. Remarkably, the cultural crossings made by the Conquestador has notably reshaped Latin America history as we know it today - with language, music and other aspects of their shared lives continuing to make everlasting impressions.

That, uh, sure is a take. I mean, you're not wrong that being enslaved and subjected to cultural suppression and borderline genocide definitely transformed indigenous societies...At any rate, Spain is already in the game so I'm not sure what you're suggesting. :dunno: (Also, welcome to CFC!)

Excitingly, an expansive collection of archaeological sites illustrate how the presence of the Conquestador people profoundly affected their neighboring regions centuries before colonization. Remarkably, the cultural crossings made by the Conquestador has notably reshaped Latin America history as we know it today - with language, music and other aspects of their shared lives continuing to make everlasting impressions.

The casual manner with which genocide is addressed here reminds me of those soviet apologists which justify the deaths of millions by exalting technological progress. The deaths are no longer deaths, but sacrifices, or heroism, or whatever other multitude of words can be used to soften the truth.

It's a remarkable thing that there are people fragile enough in their identities that they feel the need to engineer, through the careful manipulation of words, technically true statements which are nevertheless the epitome of untruthfulness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom