Preview: SuperNES I

Supermath

A Circle Has No End
SuperNES I: The March of Time

This NES is in no way, shape, or form related to this.

The World of 1884
The Pax Britannica that had kept the world mostly stable for the half-century after the defeat of Napoleon is now a legend of the past. The unification of the German states into the North and South German Federations started a chain reaction of alliances which ultimately sparked the Great European War, pitting Germany, Russia, the UK, Italy, and their allies against France, Austria, Spain, the Ottoman Empire, and their Allies. After over two years of fighting, the powers finally sought peace, changing the map of Europe forever, most notably the creation of the German Empire and the dismantling of the Austrian one. Meanwhile, the United States is still feeling the aftershocks of the American Civil War, while Latin America is starting to encounter a return of Spanish influence. Africa is starting to see a resumption of European colonisation. Asia has remained relatively stable over the past couple decades, with the notable exception of the Meiji Restoration in Japan.

The world has entered a new era. Will you lead your people to greatness, or will you fall behind the march of time?

Introduction
Well, this is my first attempt at modding an NES. This will use a mix of Thalyli's and Josef's rulesets (economic stuff from the former, military stuff from the latter, for the most part), as I'm not particularly inclined to make things harder on myself then they need be. Since this is my first time, I will most likely make some mistakes somewhere. If that happens, feel free to let me know. I need to know what I'm doing wrong so I won't do it again later. However, I should note that ultimately, what you get out of this is limited to what you put into this. If everyone sends three-line orders, the update is probably going to suck, because I have nothing to work with. And plus, the more I feel like people enjoy this, the more I'm inclined to involve myself in moderating this. But most of all, have fun.

The Alternate History
Dachs has graciously allowed me to use his Meade at Gettysburg timeline for this NES, which will pick off right where he left off, in the year of our Lord 1884. (Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V)

Basic Philosophies and Whatnot
Players - Anyone may join, though I reserve the right to kick people out if it comes to that. By joining, you imply that you have the commitment necessary to competently manage your nation. If you can't, then pick some smaller country or just don't play.

Nation Reservations - If you want a nation, post in this thread. Most nations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to play one of the more major powers (USA, UK, Germany, France, Hungary, Russia, China, Ottomans, Spain, or Japan), I will wait a few days for other people to express a desire for them, though generally if you know what you're doing, you will get your first choice. (Mainly, this is to prevent a first-time player from taking Germany and messing everything up.) In addition, you can start a rebellion, though clear things with me first before you start something completely unrealistic and therefore something that will get easily quashed.

Stories - Are greatly appreciated. After all, this is a Never Ending Story, and they provide a wonderful insight into the world at hand. Generally, if you write a bunch of good stories, I will look kindly upon you. If your story takes up 50 posts because it's so damn long, then I will kill off your nation in an attempt to preserve my sanity. Okay, probably not.

Orders - Send them via PM, of course, but other than that I don't really have any preferences provided that I have an understanding of what you're trying to do. Please try not to be too vague (telling me to invade Brazil without any plan whatsoever will probably result in your troops doing something completely arbitrary and stupid, but hilarious on my part), but giving me the names of all your sergeants is a tad excessive. If you need some assistance on how to write orders, there's a wonderful thread full of what other people have done that is conveniently linked to from right here.

NPCs - Are played by me, of course. They will tend to range from the apathetic to the crazy, though they will tend to stay in character.

Deadlines - I will post the deadline for the next turn's orders at the top of the thread. I would love it if you send orders in early, as that means I can go ahead and start updating ahead of time. If you miss the deadline, I may or may not accept your orders, and I will not be pleased. Missing too many deadlines is grounds for getting kicked from your nation.

Updates - One update will cover one year, and I will probably go by region, with a spotlight of some sort, though this is subject to change. As much as I'd love to be able to post them one second after the order deadline, I'm afraid that's just not going to happen. I will try to be relatively prompt, but feel free to bother me if I'm being rather slow in updating.

Map - Fairly self-explanatory. Different colours represent different political entities. White is unorganised stuff. Capitals are white hollow squares, other notable cities are off-black hollow squares. And if you're wondering, I will probably not be using those glowy maps that I posted in the other thread. They were just me being bored. (Though I guess if you really want me to use them, that could be arranged.)

One Last Note - If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. I'd like to think of myself as a nice mod, and I am willing to answer your questions. If you're new, don't be afraid. We all have to start somewhere, and I'll be more than happy to give you some general advice (NOTE: This does not mean me telling you everyone's secret plans). If you do something too OOC, I'll probably try to give you a gentle nudge in the right direction, provided that I have time to do so. Otherwise, well, I'll have fun writing your part of the update. And finally, have fun. That's the reason why we're doing all this.

Anyway, a rough draft of the rules will come soon. Feel free to post, though, since this is only a preview thread.

Oh, by the way, how about a map?
Spoiler The Mapman Cometh :

Spoiler List of Nations :
Bold - Claimed and confirmed nations
Italics - Claimed but not confirmed great powers

Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Nicaragua
Costa Rica
Hawaii - bestrfcplayer
Mexico - Justo
United States - bombshoo

Argentina
Brazil
Bolivia
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay
Venezuela

Belgium
Bulgaria
Denmark
France - Azale
Germany
Greece
Hungary - flyingchicken
Italian Confederation
Montenegro
Netherlands - Theige
Ottoman Empire - Espoir
Portugal - Cynovolans
Romania
Russia - Karalysia, Crezth
Serbia
Spain - Milarqui
Sweden-Norway - Anonymoose
Switzerland
Two Sicilies - Agent 89
United Kingdom - germanicus12, Kraznaya

Aech
Afghanistan
Bhutan
Brunei
Burma
China - Kentharu
Iran
Japan - Crezth, Nuclear Kid, Kentharu
Korea - Ninja Dude
Nepal
Oman
Qatar
Siam
Vietnam

Abyssinia
Ashanti
Benin
Bornu
Buganda
Chokwe
Dahomey
Liberia
Mandinka
Merina
Morocco
Msiri
Orange Free State
Oyo
Rabih
Sokoto
Tunisia
Tukolor
Wadai
Tippu Tip
Transvaal
Zanzibar

I'll have to see the rules but I am tentatively reserving The United States of America.

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

I would like to reserve Mexico of course I would need to see the rules beforehand before truly committing. :)

Expressing considerable interest for this. I'd like to lay my choice down for either Japan or Russia, at the moderator's discretion of course.

Failing that, for whatever reason, I want Brazil.

France 4 me.

If Milarqui takes Spain. I would like the British Empire please.

So I realised I failed to put in a link to the Althist that goes with this NES. I've edited the main post with it, or you could just click on the links in here. (Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V)

I'll post a rough draft of the ruleset probably tomorrow, though if I magically find some time I might be able to do it today.

I would like to reserve Mexico of course I would need to see the rules beforehand before truly committing. :)

Mexico is yours if you want it, though I should warn you that it's pretty firmly situated within the Spanish sphere of influence at this point.

Everyone else: Your claims have been noted, though as I said upthread, I reserve the right to choose who to play certain great powers if there are multiple people who desire it.

I be interested in Spain, but if Milarqui really wants it I'll just leave my name next to the United Kingdom...of Sweden and Norway.

And I'm on hand to give you whatever rules/stats help you need, Supermath.

Oh, and Justo, Mexico is kind of a puppet state of Spain so playing them might be sterile.

After some contemplation on #nes, switching my interest to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, etc. Apologies to any competing claims.

And if he's moving from Germany, I'd be interested in dem Krauts.

Actually Just

Japan!!!!!

I'm interested in one of the two Italian states, but have only skimmed the alt-hist as of now. I'll wait until I read it and the ruleset comes out to choose between the two.

I'm intrested in one of the two Italian states, but have only skimmed the alt-hist as of now. I'll wait until I read it and the ruleset comes out to choose between the two.

The Italian Confederation (the northern one) is a French puppet, so if you want one of the two, I'd suggest the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.

Top Bottom