Consistant crush on turn end

Gazing Rabbit

Chieftain
The game started crushing to desktop every other turn, so I started saving before ending the turn. I managed to trudge along for a while, but this time it keeps crushing (save attached. SVN up to date for about a week ago).
I will try loading an autosave and see what happens, but this should be looked at anyway.

Attachments

• Adar AD-1920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
Probably it could be MAF - how many GB of memory you have?
Did turn and it went fine.
Also you have Normal speed and renaissance era in 1920 year indicating research speed modifier is set too high for Normal speed.

I'm bogged down on debugging but will certainly look into this as quickly as I can. Try removing combat animations by selecting the fast combat options in the main game options page.

Probably it could be MAF - how many GB of memory you have?
Did turn and it went fine.
Also you have Normal speed and renaissance era in 1920 year indicating research speed modifier is set too high for Normal speed.

No raxo he started in the Ancient Era instead of Prehistoric with advanced start. That is why he's in Ren Era at 1920AD. He's also playing Nightmare Deity with Aggressive AI, Tech diffusion and Win for losing both On. If you look at his turns/total turns he's played 315 of 893 turns. Starting In Ancient instead of Prehistoric will skew his research rate, dates, and shorten number of turns, etc..

Gazing Rabbit I too played a couple of turns with no CTD. Perhaps you should give us your Comp's specs?

Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG

If this isn't a repeatable CTD, then all I can use for it is a minidump and you'd have to wait to get a minidump and report it when I have stopped working on the code for a bit because it only helps to have one when I have exactly the build on my system that you got the crash on.

Hmm... I'll try turning the pc off and on again, and play without Firefox in the background (since it eats like half my ram for some reason).
Thanks for the speedy responses. Just knowing it's a problem on my end helps a lot.

Hmm... I'll try turning the pc off and on again, and play without Firefox in the background (since it eats like half my ram for some reason).
Thanks for the speedy responses. Just knowing it's a problem on my end helps a lot.
Half of RAM? Sounds like you have 2 - 4 GB of ram.

Update SVN to latest version, if you updated it in last week, as there were multiple commits recently.

Top Bottom