• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Const. Reforment

I have volunteered to write up polls for any purpose, and I'm sure the Judiciary and OPR would also be glad to help. This Polling Department is unnecesary

And if your concern is the speed of the game, pursuade the dp to go faster, or become the DP and move the game faster.

I will admit, though, I liked the part about the Vice President :)

The Vp should have some more responsibilities so i say let him be in charge of the Senat, that way you have a single definitive person who can break a tie

@strider: well, in fact the polling department is kind of here already. we implemented the PR office, which will do the job you requested. as that office is located under the judicacy, it will also have judical approovement. the sense of that department is not only to make statistics and get old polls closed, but also to help open polls in a judical correct fassion. also, you can ask for judical review of a proposed poll at the judicacy directly, the only think which was almost never used is propably having one of the judicals help do a poll. i would like to see that responsibility at the judcacy.
now what about enhancing their work? what if any citizen or department leader can request a judge to help do a poll layout? this would also help get them more work except from denying pi's or closing polls >-)

[shameless_plug]
There's always YN&A, as well... ;)
[/shameless_plug]

yes a very shameless plug :) But no one has yet to comment on giving the VP some more responsibilities. I think that the VP should be in charge of the Senate so ther is a definitive tiebreaker in there needs to be one

I like the VP idea too, Fionn. At the moment the role is a bit too much like that of Deputy Prime Minister in the UK - impressive title, but no power unless the President is unable to perform his normal duties for an extended period. Admittedly it's still not much, but at least it's something :)

The Judiciary...at least me, and i am certain Danke as well, are always happy to help form a poll.

Bill
Chief Justice

Originally posted by Cyc
I would dismiss the idea of the Polling Department quickly. Strider says the game is moving too slowly for him, but he doesn't seem to have the time to learn how to do screenshots or do polls. This is just a backdoor for him. Poll writing is a skill that a Leader needs to have. He just wants someone else to do the work for him while he collects the glory. If he doesn't want to take the time to learn how to write polls, then let him spend his gold to pay some one who can. Then he can put his name on it and repost it as official for his Department.
I'm sorry the game is so slow Strider, but maybe we're slowing it down so people like you can learn how to play.

1) I've been here just as long as you... I know how to play and I know the constiution pretty good. If not I would have not had to decline a president nomination 3 (acutally I declined it twise, but accepted once) terms in a row.

2) Cyc.... All you seem to do is target my bad charactics while complete ignoring my good ones. I do not have the computer knowledge to learn how to do screenshots without me becoming confused. I also have far to short an attention span to learn it.

Just because I have ADHD doesn't mean you can discramnate agaisnt me every second you get ;)

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
oh sure make me DO the work i see how it is.....slacker :p Ill get it up sometime tonight

Sorry.... I'm just not good at describing stuff very well.

Originally posted by Shaitan
You also need to show how your revision will be better. What is it fixing? What will happen differently? What problems can come from the changes that would have to be watched for? An idea is fine but a plan is infinitely better.

Shaitan.... Something I'm not good at.... I'll get on it after supper.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
The Judiciary...at least me, and i am certain Danke as well, are always happy to help form a poll.

Bill
Chief Justice

That is slightly funny.... Their complaining about me not being able to post a poll when I do the exact same thing people do outside the demogame (and within). Oh well....

Originally posted by Strider

Shaitan.... Something I'm not good at.... I'll get on it after supper.

I'm have to wait for Fionn to post his stuff..... They slightly combine ;)

That is slightly funny.... Their complaining about me not being able to post a poll when I do the exact same thing people do outside the demogame (and within). Oh well....

Not sure what you mean here?

We're simply offering to help you with something you said you didn't know how to do.

Current:
The constitution D# The Executive Branch is headed by the President, who shall be the designated player of the game, and shall include a council of leaders, each of whom heads a department that is responsible for one major facet of the country. These departments are Domestic, Foreign, Military, Science, Culture and Trade. Each of these departments will be generally responsible for the items found under the respective Advisor in the Civilization III game and esoteric aspects that fall under their department name.

Change
The Executive Branch is headed by the President, who shall be the designated player of the game. It also includes the Vice President and any other poistions the President my make.

Current:
The Constitution W# The Legislative Branch will be formed of two houses. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each of whom are responsible for the care, management and use of the cities and lands of a province in addition to legislative responsibilities. The Congress will be formed of the entirety of the citizenry.

Change:
# The Legislative Branch will be formed of three houses. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each of whom are responsible for the care, management and use of the cities and lands of a province in addition to legislative responsibilities. The Senate is headed by the Vice President. The second house is the House of Representives. They are headed by the Citizens Department and consists of 2 citizens. The third house is the congress. It is made up of the House of Represetives and the Judicial. They are in charge of voting on and passing laws & Constitution changes. It requires a 2/3 majority vote to pass.

New Idea's

The Council Branch shall include a council of leaders, each of whom heads a department that is responsible for one major facet of the country. These departments are Domestic, Foreign, Military, Science, Culture, Trade, and Citizens. Each of these departments will be generally responsible for the items found under the respective Advisor in the Civilization III game and esoteric aspects that fall under their department name. They appoint a head after each new election process.

New department above: The Citizens department. In charge of handling citizen affairs, bringing new citizens to the demogame, and posting discussions & polls over citizen right's. Also in charge of posting discussion over constitutional changes if deemed necassary.

I think I got everything.... Anything I miss?

I think you have made the beginnings of a good case for bringing back the citizens reps.

But I am wondering what these changes will do to improve the game?

In the end, you still have the same departments we have now, so what do we get out of the changes?

Bill

THe Constitution

D. The Executive Branch is headed by the President, who shall be the designated player of the game. It also includes the Vice President and any other poistions the President my make.

E. The Legislative Branch will be formed of three houses. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each of whom are responsible for the care, management and use of the cities and lands of a province in addition to legislative responsibilities. The Senate is headed by the Vice President. The second house is the House of Representives. They are headed by the Citizens Department and consists of 2 citizens. The third house is the congress. It is made up of the House of Represetives and the Judicial. They are in charge of voting on and passing laws & Constitution changes. It requires a 2/3 majority vote to pass.

G. Move all letters below G down one The Council Branch shall include a council of leaders, each of whom heads a department that is responsible for one major facet of the country. These departments are Domestic, Foreign, Military, Science, Culture, Trade, and Citizens. Each of these departments will be generally responsible for the items found under the respective Advisor in the Civilization III game and esoteric aspects that fall under their department name. They appoint a head after each new election process.

--------------------

The Code Of Laws

2. The Council

K.
1. In charge of handling citizen affairs. 2. Bringing new citizens to the demogame.
3. Posting discussions & polls over citizen right's.
4. Posting polls/ discussions as citizen has request to be posted.

------------------

D. The Legaslative Branch
1. The Senate (Govornors)
A. Headed by the Vice President
B. Provinces
1. Provincial borders are geography based and will be approved by the Congress.
2. A province may contain any number of cities.
3. Provincial borders shall be defined well ahead of expansion.

2. The Congress
A. Formed by the House of Representives and the Judicial branch.
B. Votes on constitution rule changes.
C. Requires a 2/3 majority vote to pass.

3. The House of Representives.
A. Made up of the Citizens Department and 2 Citizens voted on by the citizens.
B. In charge of (Fionn's idea.... No idea what he wanted them to be in charge of)

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
I think you have made the beginnings of a good case for bringing back the citizens reps.

But I am wondering what these changes will do to improve the game?

In the end, you still have the same departments we have now, so what do we get out of the changes?

Bill

It will give us more goverment power while maintaining the citizen power. Also I forgot to put it down, but the Citizens Department is also in charge of welcoming and helping citizens with the rules etc.

It will give us more goverment power while maintaining the citizen power. Also I forgot to put it down, but the Citizens Department is also in charge of welcoming and helping citizens with the rules etc.
What gives more government power? It looks like you just swapped stuff around and combined the Judiciary with the Legislature?

Top Bottom