Constant CTDs in late games..

Hi Kael, I love your mod (most fun I've had with a strategy game in a long time) - I'm on my first game and my problem isn't quite as bad because I don't get consistent CTD's but I've been getting them every 3 - 10 turns approximately and they seem to be getting more frequent (now it's more every 3-6 turns).

I'm on Windows XP, normal FFH game on a Huge Erebus map, Marathon scale. I've got to turn 544. I have random seed on.

Too bad because it was an interesting scenario, but my question is, what would you suggest to if not eliminate, then to reduce these problems?

Smaller map? Faster game? Am I right in assuming that the larger the map and longer the game the more potential problems?

I wanted to experience as much as possible which is why I selected all 21 of the playable civs (all except Mercurian/Hyborem) and the hugest map - which is probably a mistake. The civs took a long time to build up and the game only recently started to get interesting but apart from the CTD's the lag and half minute waits between turns are making it unlikely I'll finish.

What kind of maps do other people usually play? If I'm going to make the map smaller and get rid of some civs which do you recommend as being less important and less game unbalancing?

Hey all.

I too am experiencing problems in the late game. I am on turn 341, and am having CTDs every 3-4 turns on average.
I am playing .33, have BtS patched to 3.17, and am playing with Windows Vista 32. I also have the D2D version of BtS.

Incidently, I found the CTD's happened less frequently with fast combat enabled...

Thanks

CTD's after Turn 239:

Test game - Settler difficulty, Duel world size

Save file attached.

Attachments

• Edo AD-0239.rar
    76.9 KB · Views: 75
CTD's after Turn 239:

Test game - Settler difficulty, Duel world size

Save file attached.

I can no longer post the same save file in the other thread, the FFH2 Bug thread, since the attachment system detected the same file from over here. The only way it seems is to delete my original message, but I do not have the power for that. =(

you're welcome! btw, you can upload any file extension if you just zip it with winrar or something similar. you can then upload the whatever.rar ( or whatever.zip ) file on civfanatics just fine.

I'm having the same troubles with turns around 400. However its with 034

Patch "g" will be coming out tonight. It contains a fix for CtD's on Vista that will probably fix this for you.

THank you. In the meantime, I have learned how to print screen.
Its taking forever to upload files. Thank you Kael for doing another patch. :)

Top Bottom