"Control" - what does it mean?

Toxicman007

Custom User Title
I am currently playing as the Germans, going for a UHV victory.
Two of the UHVs are "control X places in year Y". I was wondering what exactly "control" means. Currently, the Vikings are my vassal, so when 1940 hits, if they are still my vassal, does that count as controlling Scandinavia? Yes, they have more than 3 cities in the designated area, if that helps.

If I'm not mistaken, this means to have more cities in Scandinavia then Vikings have, Scandinavia is the Viking core area.

No. In unmodded RFC it means certain number of cities, usually three. You are thinking of DoC.

No. In case of the Germans it means more cities in the region than the civ whose core area it is. It doesn't matter whether another civ has even more cities, you only have to have more cities than that particular civ. Also, if that civ has collapsed for some reason, you only have to control one city in that region. The others may be independent or controlled by another civ.

So I kind of messed up by accepting their vassal proposal? I can't exactly conquer them anymore...

By a stroke of luck, during our war with Russia, the Russians decided to ignore me and conquer Scandinavia. Now the Vikings only have Lisbon and a few colonies in America, so I should be able to reconquer Scandinavia and keep it for myself for great justice!

Glad I turned down England and Spain now. Spain controls the south of Italy, and I need a third city in Italy, while I need all of England.

Thanks for the help guys!

Top Bottom