Corp HQ: Why can I move it?

saneman

Chieftain
Recently, I played with online. I was doing good deal of damage to my opponent's economy via Creative Con corporation.

Well, he declared a war on me (after demanding for a while that I hand the city over to him)... and to make long story short, he took over the city with the HQ and razed it (couldn't hod it, too deep into my territory).

In cases such as these, should we not have some way to rebuild Corps' HQs?

Actually, it would be kind of cool if the corperation decided where to move to. Randomly picks a city that already has a branch. Modifiers to that choice could include number of applicable resources a city has, access to the free market civic, number of branches in the city's parent civ's control, maybe a bonus to the civ that founded them.

so once the HQ is lost thats it!? wow that could cripple the economy! interesting...

Erm yes. Works just the exact same way as raizing a holy city.

Being the founding city of a corp. does not mean it cannot be destroyed, losing the special feature (ie income).

I usually capture them myself, but would do that out of malice.

ok...moving extra infanrty over to sid sushi hq as speak lol

luckily Ai doesnt tend to raise to often. If i lost sid suchi HQ that would be like 300 gold per turn gone (have it in wall st city with 2 quests completed = +30 gold per turn....nasty!

might try to mess up another civ but the extra gold you would make if could hold the city prob more useful.

Exactly, which is why I said I tend to capture as opposed to destroy.

The HQ is there waiting for you, and the AI has already done the work of spreading it around like herpes...

Win all round... for you anyway!

:)

Seems to me that this is one of those thing that's more of a coding problem than a rules problem. The corporation HQs are coded as a World Wonder, meaning that only one can ever be built, even if destroyed.

Wonder if this is a mod possibility?

ugh...like herpes lol

yeah should defo be able to relocatethe HQ, makes perfect sense as an enemy couldnt take over a corp just by havign the HQ. most likely it would be disbanded in that city and another would be corporate HQ. this needs changing. well the whole corp thing needs sorting out as the costs dont add up (as has been posted here many a time) - i dont have any patches yet though, maybe ill download them, just hear some moaning about them

you should correct the title.

No its good as is... although the AI needs to recognize their value, if its a city you can't hold.. then razing it is a good idea.

(for Realism explanation, after Corporate HQ is destroyed, the Corporation decides to have a more decentalized structure.. each branch operates independently from that point on.)

OK, but the maintainance per city should be decreased because there is no more HQ sucking away all the profits..

Sure there is, just now they are harder to tax. (essentially they set up offshore bank accounts somewhere you can't get them) they are a True transnational corporation.. they are foreign to everyone, they have transcended outmoded concepts like 'borders' and 'taxes'

Erm yes. Works just the exact same way as raizing a holy city.

Being the founding city of a corp. does not mean it cannot be destroyed, losing the special feature (ie income).

I usually capture them myself, but would do that out of malice.

I assure you, he did out of malice, since than, he won't continue the game...

Damm

Top Bottom