Corporation Idea

Vokarya

Deity
Here is another idea I thought of yesterday. I'm not particularly happy with our distribution of Corporations. In regular BTS, there are three corporations that require Industrial Era techs to found (Creative Constructions, Mining Inc, Sid's Sushi Co) and four that require Modern Era techs (Aluminum Co, Cereal Mills, Civilized Jewelers, Standard Ethanol - Plastics, Refrigeration and Rocketry are Modern Era techs in BTS).

In AND, we have only three Modern Era corporations (Adventure Tours, MileHigh Travels, Mapster) and 20 Industrial Era corporations, including all of the original 7. Most of these are in the mid- to late-Industrial Eras. I don't want to move all of them, but I think moving a few would not be too bad. The one I am specifically targeting for the moment is MallWart.

Here is what I would like to do:
  • Move MallWart HQ and MallWart Store from Consumerism to Conglomerates.
  • Increase MallWart's bonuses to +2 food/resource from the base corporation and +6% food/resource access from the store. The base bonuses from having a corporation in a city are multiplied by the total quantity of resources available; the store bonuses only check whether or not the city has access to the resource. So the store doubles its bonuses while the corp gets +33%.
  • Move Bullseye HQ and Bullseye Store from Civil Engineering to Consumerism. This fills the hole left behind by losing MallWart.

I think this will make things a little more balanced between the Industrial and Modern Eras. It will also better differentiate between Bullseye and MallWart (the only differences right now are MallWart requires a slightly later tech, and Bullseye gives +1 food/resource and +1 health while MallWart gives +1.5 food/resource). Furthermore, it will reduce Civil Engineering's trick count. Civil Engineering is among the top 5 techs in terms of trick count and this will bring it closer to the middle.

That sounds like a good start.

Top Bottom