corporation ps systen

azolla

Chieftain
hi everyone. i just love civ2 for the playstation. i've been playing it for years. well i have a question. i have built everything including up to 38 future techs. except corporation. i have been able to partly build this advance but have never completed it. it just never advances. anyone have any idea how this completes. please help.:):):)

I don't know of any regulars to this forum that use the PS version of this game. Based on very limited "hearsay" about the game, I can offer 1 suggestion. Count the number of techs you currently have: if it is 127 or 128, you may have maxed out some sort of tech counter in the game.

Alternatively, your cities ARE producing science, are they not? (You haven't accidentally set the science rate to 0 have you?)

can honestly say that it does not matter how many techs i have. right now i have 63 techs and it still will not even show in progress. also i cannot even buy it to complete it like i can with other techs. :cry:

Do you mean "(Capitalization)" as in something your city production can be set to, or do you mean the technology "The Corporation" which lets you build freight and use the "(Capitalization)" build oder?

If you mean "(Capitalization)" as something you can "build" in your cities like temples and Hoover Dam, there is a good reason for that: it can't be built. "(Capitalization)" turns your shield production into gold in that city.

Do you mean "(Capitalization)" as in something your city production can be set to, or do you mean the technology "The Corporation" which lets you build freight and use the "(Capitalization)" build oder?

Once I have "The Corporation" It lets me build the build order capitalization for the advance like a temple or palace. Once I set it to build "capitalization", it just sits there not being built. In one game I was building it, I got several build points and then it stalled, not completing the progress. It does not even allow me to finish it by buying it like other things such as temples and such. Just sits there, stalled. I thought that maybe another advance was the culprit to stalling this advance, although I have not figured this out. I was hoping someone was familiar with this problem!!!:dunno:

Because otherwise there would be no way to tell the game that you want to produce gold instead of producing shields for some unit or building.

If you switch to Capitalization from some other build order, half the accumulated shields will be retained in the city (and show up as shield progress for Capitalization). The city will produce no further shields, but will instead produce gold that is added to your tax income. When you switch from Capitalization to something else, half the shields that you kept when you switched to Capitalization will again be retained and placed towards whatever you want to produce. Your city will again produce shields and make progress on whatever you have decided to build.

Cool to know. Thanks for the info. How are the newer civ's? I checked out civ revolution but was not impressed.

Hello. Welcome on the forum. I played also Civ2 for PS, it was a fun, but almost the same as pc version... Well, for PCs I now play Civ4 with many mods, and it is very cool version of this game. I read about Civ Revolutions, and some concepts and differences to other Civs are interesting for me, but I had no chace to play it, the same as I still not tried Civ5 (Or rather Civ V), but hexes scare me a bit and also conception of making units not stackable.

Top Bottom